Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Son Goku Returns: An Exciting Reunion! Bulma Wants to Do What!?! (SU & BreezinBy)

Somewhat Useful

Planetoid
@BreezinBy

XxXxX​

"What's wrong, you guys? Dont'cha recognise me?" Everyone looked so well! (Especially Roshi. It was good to see him up and about!) Also... Shorter? Hm. Something for later. The rain's tapping on his umbrella slowed, and he grinned. "Ah, neat, the rain's stopped!" He closed it with a smile and stepped towards his friends, a spring in his step. Behind the group, the Tenkaichi Budokai arena stood tall under the cloudy sky, beckoning him. He'd finally get to show everyone how strong he'd got! Still, it was odd for his friends not to recognise him... He raised a puzzled eyebrow, before a grin broke out across his face. "Ah, It's 'cause of this, right?" He pointed up to the turban Kami had made for him. He'd known that'd be a problem! He set about removing it, chuckling sheepishly and sighing in some relief as his untamed hair sprung back into place.

"See? No one else has hair like this!" He laughed at their reactions, taking a moment to get used to his friends' faces again. Blue Launch was out at the moment, (what a relief!), and it looked as though she was still staying at Kame house from how close she was standing to Master Roshi (who was sputtering, wide eyed. Odd!), and Oolong was in a suit! (What a laugh!) "I guess I must've changed a lot, huh?" He looked to Bulma next, and his smile widened for a moment. She seemed just as surprised as the others, and her lips were red, (was she sick?), but he was happy to see his first friend, all the same! A thought crossed his mind for the second time. He frowned, addressing the group again.

"Say, did you guys shrink? I remember you bein' a lot bigger!"

Bulma’s eyes went wide the moment that he revealed his hair. That was Goku? The Son Goku that she had gone on countless adventures with, the Son Goku that had fought in two tournaments beforehand, the Son Goku that had killed Piccolo only two years ago? That Son Goku? She couldn’t believe it, though by all accounts it was true. That dopey smile and the childlike innocence in his voice that had almost never changed in the years since, that stupid, charming country tone to his voice. And the hair, which she knew that no one else would wear their hair like that. Any attempts to keep it up in the rain would cause it to drop if it was hair gel or anything else keeping up that crazy hair. So, by all accounts, that had to be Goku. And that was hard to believe for the accomplished inventor.

First of all, what gave Goku of all the people any right to be that hot? Second of all, how did he grow so tall in only the span of a couple years? She knew he had been training with...someone at that time, who was somewhat confusing for her, bit out of her depth there. She definitely had seen the fruits of their labor, Goku had turned into a muscular man, even clear with the clothes he was wearing. And yet, all throughout this all she could think about what was the fact she was standing there with her mouth agape in front of Goku. “It’s really you, only Goku would say something so stupid. You grew, silly! You're taller! You used to be so...small. Not that there was anything wrong with that. Now you’re…”

Bulma figured it would be best to leave the rest to implication, knowing Goku would never pick up on it. That’s when she decided to act and do something that even surprised her. She ran over and gave the muscular man a hug. She wrapped her arms around him, even in the rain and held him tight. Her heart was racing a bit, it might have just been the excitement of seeing a friend, however. But as she peered over his shoulder she did notice something. His tail was gone.

“Huh..? What happened to your tail? I know it’s been cut off a few times but doesn’t it usually...grow back?”

"Now I'm what?" Goku grinned sheepishly as he scratched his head. He didn't quite understand what Bulma was getting at, but appreciated the implied compliment anyway. "Did I really-"

He was cut off as his older friend embraced him, and he gladly returned it, catching her easily and laughing as he picked her up for a moment in excitement. (Roshi gave him a look, which he met with a toothy smile).

"I guess I really did get taller! Couldn't have picked you up like this before I left to train!" He took a moment to enjoy the contact, marvelling at how small she seemed. 'Hugs are nice,' he thought to himself.

"Oh, my tail?" He stepped back for a second, glancing over his shoulder. "Yeah, God took it away for good!" He grinned widely, before faltering. "Said somethin' about wanting the moon back. Still don't know what he meant..." He shook his head. "Ah well, I'm used to it!" As if to prove his point, he jumped up in the air, landing on one hand in a show of balance before righting himself. "See? Better than ever!" Another carefree laugh bubbled from his throat. This was just like old times!

"Well, Me and Launch'll leave you youngsters to it." The moment was interrupted by Master Roshi, who had an oddly thoughtful smile on his face. "This rain's no good for my old bones." He slapped Goku on the back and turned to leave, resting his hand just a little too low on the Bluenette's back as they walked away. "I'll save you a good seat, Bulma. Say hello to the the others for me when they arrive!"

"It was lovely seeing you, Goku!" Launch cast a look back at him as she walked towards the entrance, smiling, and he threw her a cheerful wave. A moment later, as they passed the gate, the pair heard a loud sneeze, followed by confused, angry shouting, and Goku broke out into more laughter.

He soon quieted though, addressing his first friend with slight concern.

"Say, Bulma, are you ok? I noticed your lips are all red, an' your heart's going like a rabbit!"

Bulma listened to his explanation for everything and giggled, shaking her head. Yup, nothing had changed at all, he was still an idiot. A charming one, one that might be pretty smart in a fight but in day to day interactions, he was not the sharpest tool in the shed. And yet that didn’t matter. Sure, it was a bit odd being in the rain with Goku there, it wasn’t something she’d do every day. Probably never again in her case, she was practically soaked in this instance. She pulled back from the hug, she laughed once more at Goku’s question. The blue-haired scientist smiled as she spoke. “I guess it makes sense you’ve never heard of lipstick before, huh? Well, it’s lipstick, it’s something that women wear to look better.”

She found herself blushing at the heart comment. Of course, her heart was beating so fast, it was something she couldn’t control. She had to think of a lie, not hard considering that she was lying to Goku. It wasn’t like he’d notice she was lying, would he? Why would it matter if she was? He wouldn’t care if she lied, right? Right? Yeah, that’s what she would do, she’d lie to the fighter. She nodded to herself before looking up to her friend with a smile once more. “W-well, it was just...just a bit of a shock to see you here. I’m still recovering from that.” Good job, Bulma, that wasn’t completely a lie.

Last edited:
Goku frowned, giving a quiet, confused hum.

"That... don't make too much sense if ya' ask me! Do women look better when they're feeling sick? Huh!" He laughed softly, shaking off his confusion. There were some things about girls he didn't think he'd ever understand! And besides, Bulma was laughing and smiling as well, so she must be fine! She was loads smarter than him after all. He nodded to himself, satisfied with his reasoning.

Even still, her heart was going much faster than usual. In fact, it'd picked up as soon as he'd asked! "Well, if you say so, Bulma. I ain't convinced though!" Almost as though in response, a strange smell drifted through the still-slowing rain. It was coming from... Bulma! "Say, you even smell funny! You sure you're okay?" Following his nose, he leaned over her, sniffing at the air. It was definitely coming from her! He moved towards the crick of her neck, breath ghosting over her skin, but it wasn't strongest there, either. It was... lower? Yes!

He leant right down to Bulma's level, nose brushing the fabric over her dress, just above her breasts, before pulling away suddenly as a realisation struck him.

"Ah! It's that... Purr-fume thing you used to wear when were kids, right?" He laughed happily, rubbing his head. "Man, you girls sure are odd!" He paused, however, upon opening his eyes again. "Umm, you've gone kinda red, Bulma!" He exclaimed, worried. "What's wrong?"

Bulma let out a shriek, though thankfully not too loud as Goku went over her breasts before realizing just as fast that Goku was too innocent to get anything like that. Sexual attraction was almost alien to the martial artist, at least when she had last known him. She didn’t expect much had changed in the years between their last meeting, especially since Goku almost sounded exactly the same minus some sounds of aging. She still was upset and had to be clear that wasn’t right to do, especially in public. She blushed and pushed Goku back. Or at least attempted to but his solid form was hard to do so.

“You can’t go and do that, Goku! If it wasn’t me you could have gotten into a lot of trouble!” The blue-haired woman chided her friend. “Not that anyone could actually hurt you…”

She sighed to herself before laughing, realizing that any criticism of him might be in vain. Some things never changed. “Well, it wasn’t helped by you looking at...well, these.” Bulma said, gesturing her hands around her breasts. Again, if this was anyone else she might have just slapped him but she knew Son Goku was...not the smartest. Even in social context...ESPECIALLY in a social context.

“Well, it’s just something that happens when you’re embarrassed.” Bulma said, trying to remove any possibility of it being her having feelings for him. But her heart told her to say more. And she felt inclined to agree with it, so at the end of the sentence she decided to add on. “And if you’re with someone you...someone you like.

Goku jumped slightly as his friend screamed, and he almost panicked. What was wrong?! For a moment, his eyes scanned the area for a sign that Muten Roshi had hung around. In his distraction, he barely noticed as Bulma attempted to push him away.

"Huh?!" He was somewhat dumbfounded. All he'd done was sniff her! He used to do it all the time back in the day, for one reason or another! His confusion didn't stop him from taking a hasty step back, his hands open in front of him in a placating gesture. He had no trouble hearing her mutter about his strength, however, and Bulma's slightly joking tone settled him some. He puffed up slightly, smiling. "Yep! I'm super strong now, don't you worry!"

He listened carefully as she gave him a brief explanation of his mistake, and it only took a moment for him to catch on on. 'Right! I remember she used to get snappy when I did that sorta thing.' He gave a sheepish chuckle.

"Heh, sorry 'bout that Bulma! I guess being cooped up on the lookout's made me a li'l rusty with this sorta stuff." He messed his hair up slightly, hoping all was forgiven. He'd make sure not to do it again in future! (Although, if he were entirely honest with himself, Bulma smelled loads better than he remembered. Maybe now and again it wouldn't hurt?) He peered at her, careful not to lean over too far. "Y'know, I think they're bigger than I remember!" He gave a short clipped "heh", and smiled at his little joke.

"Ah, so you're embarrassed! I getcha now! I think..." He moved to clap his oldest friend on the back, grinning. "Ya don't need to be worried about me! I don't get that sorta stuff anyway." A moment later, his smile grew wider, and he felt himself puff up again. "Aww, thanks Bulma! I like you just fine too!" He hadn't noticed his own heart speed up, but maybe it was just a girl thing.

Back
Top Bottom