Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion Text Color on Mobile

Lord DreamCrusher

Primal yet Intelligent, Savage yet Sophisticated
I've noticed that, since the new update to the website, changing text color on mobile is a nightmare. Before it was possible to select the color you wanted and then type in that color but now? Now I have to type out the text that I want colored first and highlight it before selecting the text color. More frustrating yet is that after I do this, any future text that I type remains in that same color unless I repeat the process of highlighting it and removing or changing the color. Not sure if there is any way to help clean up the new coding but it does really restrict me from posting replies with text color on anything except my PC.

For clarification this is using my LG K20v phone and using the Chrome browser.

I've also had the issue of when I try to select the color from the wheel on mobile, in the 3 dots menu, it presses into the text window instead of selecting the color.

I've been having issues when trying to fancy up text as well. Not just when using colour, but with italics, bolding, everything basically. If I press the buttons to type something in italics it will work at first, but as soon as I press the button again to continue writing normally it just reverts everything back to the standard format.

I have noticed this too, I just color it afterwards, but it can be a pain in the butt.

Yep, I've had the same problem both with color and bolding and italics, as well as sharing links. It will deselect and often even repeat bits of text I had previously deleted in my message. This is on mobile, mind you, don't know about typing on PC.

Yeah I can confirm that trying to apply changes after writing doesn't work for me either and changes such as bold or italicize have the same problems. If I highlight text and try to color or such after writing then the change either fails completely (color ends up deselecting my highlighted text and fails to apply) or it ends up applying bold or such to the text I've selected in addition to all the text before it or sometimes after it. Very frustrating.

This appears to be a core Froala bug. But it isn't getting reported as often as I would expect. : /

I'll see what I can do.

Chrome seems to do all sorts of weird stuff.

Firefox simply immediately disables the buttons after they are enabled.

Is anyone having these issues on iOS?

I'm on android. Don't have any devices with IOS to test. Sorry I can't be more help, though I certainly appreciate you looking into it.

This is still an ongoing issue for me. I can't make any posts on my android if I need to perform any special functions, only plain text works as intended and it's driving me crazy.

I realize my phone is older so perhaps that's part of the problem? It's running 7.0 I believe.

This is still an ongoing issue for me. I can't make any posts on my android if I need to perform any special functions, only plain text works as intended and it's driving me crazy.

I realize my phone is older so perhaps that's part of the problem? It's running 7.0 I believe.
This is a fault of Froala itself. I'm able to replicate it on their own demos. This is a ridiculously unacceptable situation for a commercial project and I'm rather annoyed that the Xenforo team isn't blowing more fire up their ass for it.

There are some community fixes for the Firefox version available apparently, I can try applying those.

Ah okay then, glad it's not just an isolated case but on the other hand it sucks that the problem is so deeply-rooted as you've explained. Thank you for the information as always Vekseid. Hopefully some pressure can be generated to fix the issues on their end.

Back
Top Bottom