Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What do you do when your scared?

NoLiferTheThird

Death, is the absence of life
Supporter
OKAY I know this seems stupid beyond belief. But I started thinking about what I do when I’m scared and like what is considered a normal healthy reaction to it then I thought of what my mother does when she’s scared and my sister. And we all vary. So I’m curious what your reaction is.
Example.
For me when I’m scared, I will cry, but I will also get angry and try to fight whatever is scaring me, my moms boyfriend dressed up in a clown costume once and decided to wake me up from a nap knowing I hate clowns I cried and then punched him in the stomach and started screaming at the clown to “get some” (not knowing at the time it was my moms boyfriend sorry!! Lol)

My mom will either laugh or piss herself (joy of being a mom I guess LOL)

snd my sister will cry

I’ve always thought people’s reactions to different things were interesting and how we are all so different in what we do. Thanks to my ADHD I often think of these random things and may do more

Interesting question! :unsure:

When scared...first instinct is to rein that in and asses whatever's going on, at least for a few seconds. If the situation needs to be left, I leave. If it needs to be fixed, I fix. And I guess if it needs to be fought, I'd try my best lol. Thinking is what I usually do, not sure what I'd do if things were so scary I couldn't think...maybe play dead?!

I'm kinda jumpy, my first action is to move on Impulse away from what startled me, but I also flail around.

The one and only time I went into a haunted house I jumped and punched a guy dressed as a murder clown in the face.

I then spent what.felt like 10 minutes apologizing to the clown, and bought the guy ice cream to make amends.

Aside from the usual spiders, creepy crawlies, etc, I’m assuming you want to know deeper things we are scared about and how we react.

The biggest fear I have is knowing I will die one day. Sometimes I can think about it and shrug it off, but that doesn’t always happen. This weird sense of hopelessness riddles me down to my core. I then get tingly sensations all over my body, especially my chest. I can’t describe this feeling, though. It’s not the same tingle when you try to wake up a numbed hand from laying on it for too long. It’s like... a realization tingly feeling that makes everything feel so surreal and out of place. It makes my heart race, my head feels fuzzy, and I start to freak out. I try to calm myself by watching videos or fidget with something, be it my hands or a nearby object.

Oddly enough, I am very fascinated with death and even thought about being a mortician. Death itself doesn’t scare me, but knowing I have to experience it too for myself is really traumatizing. It’s crazy to know that something so natural, happening every second of every day of every hour, is not quite understood at all. I support dying with dignity, and having people understand that you HAVE to talk about your future arrangements and not sweep it under the rug like it’ll never happen to them/you. We can’t just avoid the subject because it’s sad.

I am getting too intricate with this topic now, sorry lol. So, long story short, I have severe panic attacks when I get too deep in thought about my own demise.

Back
Top Bottom