Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Darkness in Miami (Discord) (Group-play) (Closed)

Your Succubu

Just a girl who likes system role-plays.
Premise: The beautiful city of Miami is a vacation hotspot. It's warm, sandy beaches are lined with scantily clad tourists enjoying the sun. When the sun goes down the city comes to life with wondrous neon lights. Beneath the city's beauty is a darker secret... The creatures of fairy tale lurk in the shadows. Vampires abduct a lost tourist as she tries to find her way back to her friends. Men turn into savage wolves under the light of the full moon. Cultists enthralled by the promise of power commit awful sacrifices in the name of their demonic patrons. A whole supernatural world exists just beneath the surface and they still deal in the old ways. Old grudges are remembered for centuries, allegiances shift like the sands of the city's beaches, and most importantly, nothing is given for free. All debts must be paid eventually...

Introduction: Hi everyone. I'm Kylie AKA Your Succubus, and I'm looking for a group of storytellers to play a game of Urban Shadows 2e with. As you can probably infer, Urban Shadows is a modern fantasy game about supernatural creatures who live in secret among humans. You and the other players take up the role of either a supernatural creature, or a human involved in the supernatural world, and we tell a story about how they navigate the dark political supernatural world of the city. Urban Shadows takes influence from the World of Darkness role-playing games, The Dresden Files novels, and many more urban fantasy stories. It's a deeply political game. It's not about playing a party of characters who are on a quest to slay some evil overlord, but instead you play as characters who are deeply involved with the political machinations that take place within the factions of the supernatural community. Urban Shadows is a relatively rules light game that is easy to learn, but don't worry if you're new to the system, I'll be guiding everyone along in learning how to play when we begin.

Tone/Content: I'm pushing for a relatively dark tone with this story. Heavily 18+ R rated level stuff. Violence, offensive language, sex, and all that jazz. Obviously beforehand we'll put in place various tools to ensure that everyone is comfortable with whatever subject matter comes up in game.

Sex: As you can hopefully tell by my choice of website I'd love to include some explicit sex in the story. That being said, I still want the focus of the story to be on the plot rather than smut. Probably in the 90% story to 10% smut range. While I don't want an excess amount of sex scenes, I love telling stories that feature sexual themes, or sex in the background. I love scenes set in strip clubs, or scenes that have conversations taking place while a couple engages in sex in the background, stuff like that. I also like stories where the plot revolves around sexual themes. For example, a story focused around tracking down a nefarious sexual predator, or a story about an individual escaping from a fae that seeks to force them into sexual slavery. While I enjoy a variety of different sexual topics, here are some that I would not be able to live without in this story:

Non-Consent
Sexual Slavery
Romance
Realism

Things that I am not interested in include:

Unrealistic Sizes
Furry Characters
Characters based around sex

Partner Preference: I am looking for partners who meet the following:
  • Write with a level of competency. You don't need to be perfect, but you should be able to capitalize, and not make many spelling errors.
  • Write in third-person perspective.
  • Enjoy long-term playing. Specifically for several months.​
  • Active, and able to check in on most days throughout the week.​
  • Post at least a semi-paragraph level response. I don't expect consistent multi-paragraph responses due to the nature of using a system, but I need partners who can at least post a few sentences in most posts.​
  • Photographic, or realistically drawn artwork as character references. I'm not looking to play with anyone who plays/watches exclusively anime stories. I don't enjoy the elements found in anime stories typically, so I prefer if you're more familiar with western storytelling rather than anime storytelling.​
  • Kink flexible. We will be playing in a group setting, so the more open minded you are to various kinks, the easier it will be for everyone to mesh well together.​

Seems interesting, but not seeing the actual rulebook available for purchase on a quick search. Have to admit that I love the idea of a sexually-charged story but not a sexually-focused one.

Hi, I'm very interested in this game. I've been playing World of Darkness on and off for a decade, and really likes the one PbtA game I played, so I think it'd be fun to combine them. Political intrigue games are always my favorite. I'm very kink flexible and should be able to make a post every weekday and the occasional weekend. And don't let the profile pick fool you, I spend plenty of time watching western media as well, and I am happy to find a realistic face claim.

I never looked at the system before, but at first glance, the Fae, the Sworn, and the Oracle look like archetypes I'd enjoy playing.

Seems interesting, but not seeing the actual rulebook available for purchase on a quick search. Have to admit that I love the idea of a sexually-charged story but not a sexually-focused one.
The 2nd edition is currently in development after a successful Kickstarter. They've released a barebones version that doesn't contain all the rules, but just what you'd need to quickly start here: Urban Shadows (2nd Ed.) Quickstart - Magpie Games | Urban Shadows | DriveThruRPG.com . You can find the 1st edition on Drivethru as well, but you won't need that.

Hi, I'm very interested in this game. I've been playing World of Darkness on and off for a decade, and really likes the one PbtA game I played, so I think it'd be fun to combine them. Political intrigue games are always my favorite. I'm very kink flexible and should be able to make a post every weekday and the occasional weekend. And don't let the profile pick fool you, I spend plenty of time watching western media as well, and I am happy to find a realistic face claim.

I never looked at the system before, but at first glance, the Fae, the Sworn, and the Oracle look like archetypes I'd enjoy playing.
Awesome. Would you like to PM your Discord username, and I can add you on there?

Just a bump to let everyone know that I'm still looking. I'll edit the thread title when I'm not.

I'm another old WoD player, and this sounds pretty similar. I play MxM, but I can muddle through other pairings. I'd want some potential for MxM in the group, though. Otherwise, I've got a bunch of compatible characters on deck from a vampire gogo boy to werecretter hacker to fae arsonist.

@obieblu I haven't finalized my character yet, but I might play a Non-binary Fae. How masculine would MC need to be to satisfy your preference?

@obieblu I haven't finalized my character yet, but I might play a Non-binary Fae. How masculine would MC need to be to satisfy your preference?
Uh, recognizably masculine? Make what you want to make. :giggle: I'm not putting in orders or anything, just keeping an eye out.

I'm another old WoD player, and this sounds pretty similar. I play MxM, but I can muddle through other pairings. I'd want some potential for MxM in the group, though. Otherwise, I've got a bunch of compatible characters on deck from a vampire gogo boy to werecretter hacker to fae arsonist.
Sure. If you want to DM your Discord username I'll add you and invite you to the server.

Just like to bump this thread and let everyone know that we have space for 1 more person still.

Back
Top Bottom