Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

You are always jumpy, there's white stuff everywhere, I know what you are.... (Brandi x Nerdfuck)

nerdfuck

The Magnificant
Delivering papers.
No.
No that definitely wasn't going to work.

The twenty-five year old Sydney sighed deeply as her head fell back against the cement wall behind her with the faintest of thumps.

Thump.

(lmao)

Who was Syd? Well. She was jumpy. She was athletic. She had cute short buzzed hair that the ladies loved except for the one lady she wanted to love it and that was mostly because she was the worst roommate ever. The worst roommate because well... she was dreadfully bad at holding down jobs and eight times out of ten she did not have her half of the rent. But in all fairness she had been going through some stuff and had been having a little trouble finding a job she could actually do without the whole.... web shooting issue?

Sydney's eyes widened at the thought before looking up to what she knew to be her window to her bedroom. If there was one thing she had learned in all this, it was that she hated climbing. But Dora was going to be home in like an hour and she needed to have dinner ready so she could butter her up real good before telling her that she was a little short. Again. Oh god.... she was just going to throw her out of the apartment window. Maybe she should just not go back.

The boyish charmer glanced up and down the alley before laying two hands against the brick so she could begin climbing up the side of the wall. Her green orbs stared at the bricks. Where else were they supposed to look? And as she reached the window to push it open, she ran a hand through her short, boyishly sporty haircut as her feet found the carpet of her bedroom.

Oh, her death would be swift.

Her teeth gritted... and Sydney launhed herself into a flurry of activity, throwing clothes everywhere as she disrobed and ran nude across the apartment from her room to the bathroom. She showered so quickly, hissing to herself when she accidentally touched Pandora's shampoo and sort of threw it everywhere?? But inevitably.... nine o'clock rolled around and she was the picture of calmness as she softly spooned mini raviolis into two bowls on the kitchen table. She wore a pair of short, athletic shorts and a white men's tank top that was far too loose on her body. The sounds of classical music played lightly through their apartment as if she had not just been the vision of a raging hurricane. And as the door opened, Syndey smiled and looked up at her.

Her. Oh god. Her.

Her heart fluttered before it stopped. Certainly, it had just dropped dead but that was fine. And for a brief moment she actually forgot that this was indeed the day her obituaries would speak nice things about her. "Hey Door."

Perfect. Calm. Cool. Collected. That was perfect. She flashed her a boyish grin.... before she turned to drop the spoon into the sink only to find she had to shake it off and then briskly turned to add the finishing touches to their meal. "Is Rascoto okay?"

Syndey smiled her charming and perfect smile as she showcased the bottle of wine that Pandora had in fact already owned--- before she began pouring it out into a wine glass set aside just for Pandora. She abstained-- because wine was gross.

"How was work today?" She inquired as she set the bottle down close to her plate. You know. So she could keep the refills continuously coming. Pandora wouldn't kill her if she was
drunk.

Today had been long, too long. Pandora had a paper due first thing so she had gone to the college before work, she'd had to print everything off and hand it in to the professor or she was going to fail, and why was she going to fail? Because she spent more time working than studying. Between her job at the gazette where she worked as a personal assistant and her extra shifts at the coffee shop she was pulling such crazy late nights to get everything done. She was grateful that she had Syd to help out.

"That's fine, just.. I'm fucking starving"

She responded, giving the other girl a smile even as her hand moved through her purple hair. Kicking off her flats she started to move towards the table. At 5'10" she was tall for a woman, and a good amount was her long legs which meant she could take fairly large strides. Her ex boyfriend James used to joke that she was all legs and boobs, but he was a dick so Dora didn't talk about him.

"Work was.. annoying. I spent almost all day organising for one of the guys to go downtown for a feature only for it to get pulled at the last minute over some bullshit with more of those mask wearing nutjobs. I swear, if we stopped reporting every time someone sneezed we'd see a lot less of them.."

Her blue eyes locked with Sidney's and she shook her head

"Sorry, I'm ranting. How was your day? And thanks for dinner, you know you don't have to do all this stuff right?"

Sydney had a seat in her chair as she listened to Pandora speak about her problems at work. Oh, and how good those problems looked on her. Her breath hung on her every word. Fucking, starving, work, annoying... all of the words were perfect and she found herself nodding in agreement to whatever she was saying.... although, she was only half listening. Her nerves had balled up and evacuated to her throat. Because of what she was going to have to tell her.

In fact, Syd only laughed as Pandora suggested that she had gone above and beyond but she really just didn't know. "No, no. Of course I have to do this for my best... friend." She smiled to Pandora as her hand grasped a spoon which she anxiously lifted to her lips to take a small bite of her mini raviolis that she did not enjoy. But the fact that Pandora appreciated the gesture just made her precious.

Syd laughed to herself anxiously as she dropped her spoon in the bowl in front of her and gave her head a shake so she could ignore the way Panda's perfect lips wrapped around the spoon as she took her first bite. That made things... hot for her. And uncomfortable.

"So uh. I'll just say it." Passively, she added more wine to Pandora's glass even though she had yet to take her first drink. "I'm two hundred dollars short on my part of the rent."

She smiled broadly and goofily towards her then... before softly laughing as if Pandora would not be upset. "That's okay right? You got it? I'll have it next month I promise. I'll pay you back. I'm trying. I'm trying really hard I just have stuff going on and I'm going to try door dash! Yeah? It'll be great just please don't kick me out. Pandora.... I'm trying." She sighed deeply as she looked the other woman in the eyes. Groveling. Check.

"Please...."

"I'm not going to kick you out.."

Pandora replied, even as she rolled her eyes. She had known Sydney for how long now? Yeah the kids shit was crazy but Dora could see it wasn't like she was out there all night partying and getting drunk and then pleading poverty when it came to her responsibilities, although actually she had been going out at odd hours a lot recently. Maybe she had picked up a drug habit or something?

"This is the last time though and I mean that, I know I said that last time but this time it's true"

She punctuated that statement with another bite of dinner, fuck it tasted so good, screw door dash, Syd should be a chef. She was about to continue talking when her phone rang, looking at the display she saw James's name there and rolled her eyes again, this time in frustration

"Fuck off"

She said under her breath as she sent the call to voicemail before turning her attention back to her friend, her room mate, who was in fact incredibly cute in Pandora's eyes. She was definitely digging the look, it kind of reminded her of Ruby Rose.

"If you need to talk about this 'stuff' you've been going through, you know you can talk to me Syd. I've got your back.."

She wasn't going to kick her out. But then in the same exact breath she threatened that this would be the last time. Sydney's head fell back before she gave her head a nod several times in agreement with that arrangement. "I got it, Panda, I got it." She promised before her eyes honed in on Panda's phone as she cursed at whatever individual was on the other side.

Her boyfriend. Or ex-boyfriend, rather. Sydney's gaze lifted back to Panda to assess her state of mind after dismissing the call but Panda didn't skip a beat on the whole making her uncomfortable thing. Sydney laughed as she offered to talk about what was going on before shaking her head and standing to quickly occupy herself by doing dishes. "No, no. It's nothing Panda. Who said something was going on? I mean it's just a ..... girl... infection... issue." She had to take a moment to consider her own stupidity before giving her head a shake to herself. Well great. Now she was going to think she had an STD or leprosy or something.

Sydney laughed dryly to herself but turned to leaned anxiously against the counter as her arms folded. "So what's going on with your fuckboy, Panda. Let's talk about that.... is he bothering you?" Cause....

she could take care of that relatively easy. Not that she would.

But she totally could.

"huh? oh you caught that?"

Pandora shook her head and sighed a little, she didn't really want to talk about James but fuck it, Sydney wasn't going to judge.

"No he's not bothering me, not anymore than usual anyway. I mean his very existence is a bother.."

honestly if he had been killed by the latest threat to humanity that caused the Avengers to put aside whatever it was that they were doing and avenge then she wouldn't have missed him one bit, in fact she probably would have done a dance in celebration.

"he just.. well he wants money. That vacation he took me on and then spent the whole thing ignoring me, he wants me to pay half of it since we broke up. I told him no a thousand times but he keeps ringing about the money, sending me messages and emails, even called and left a message for me at work. I swear if I had powers I would just laser his head right off.. not like anyone would miss him,"

Sydney's expression appeared surprised as Pandora began answering her question. Bothering her-- that was really not a surprise. He literally always bothered her. Like-- literally. But she wanted to make it seem like she was listening. Which she was. She was just doing way more than that as well. She was dissecting.

"Powers." She repeated after Panda as her gaze turned stupidly up at the ceiling and she by all appearances seemed to be wracking her brain about something. "Powers. Well we'll just be happy you don't have those. I mean that's a scary thought." She reasoned mostly to herself before her attention turned back to the last glass that she hadn't bothered to wash just a moment ago. She was kind of ADHD. She always had been.

Mostly she had secrets.

"You can't get blood out of a turnip Panda Dora. You want me to talk to him? Give him the ol razzle dazzle if he gets out of line?" She set the last glass down in the strainer and turned back to face her friend only to find that the glass had stuck to her hand only to fall to the ground with a shatter.

She laughed her out of place laugh before waving at it. She had meant to do that. It was intentional.

"And that's what I'll do to him." She determined with a resolute nod. "No one messes with my Pandabear, I mean how big could he really be? Pffft. Like what. Five ten, five twelve or something? Nothing." Her hand waved passively before looking uncomfortably at the window. She really had to get a handle on the whole hand sticky thing before she blew her cover.

Pandora winces as the glass breaks, god that always went right through her, but then she has to laugh as Sydney offers to take care of her little relationship problem for her, giving her friend a funny look

"Babes he's like 6'5..."

she shook her head and sighed

"When am I gonna learn that just cause a guy is super tall doesn't mean he is actually a cool guy. god I'm such a fucking idiot.."

Sighing again she looked down at the table, feeling really shitty with herself and her life choices. Here she was, 27 and still single, all the girls she went to school with were already married and had children. The closest thing she had to a life partner was Sydney, which wasn't bad since the girl was definitely something hot to look at, but she didn't think of Pandora like that, they were just friends and she was good with that..

"just forget about him, if you see him just don't do anything. if he tries to talk to you then ignore him, unless you actually wanna talk to him but just dont talk about me. Honestly, the less that prick knows the better.."

Back
Top Bottom