Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Businessman's Daughter. desperado1089 x UnicornHorn

captain_bond

"Last rat standing."
Withdrawn
When former Master Chief Dylan Johnson, US Navy SEALs (retired) was summoned to the boss's office, he knew something was up at once. He was second-in-command of the company's private military/security company, Tactical Solutions, and he had always admired how the boss wanted to set them apart from the rest by keeping everything they did on the up-and-up while other PMSC's were drowning in scandal or criminal trials. But no such news awaited him inside the boss's office. He looked like someone had just died, and indeed the briefing Dylan received involved the recent passing of his wife. Dylan's task was to find their daughter and bring her to the boss safe and sound. However, he warned the veteran that it would not be smooth sailing. Certain criminal elements, which he did not elaborate on, sought to either kidnap or, as a last resort, kill the heiress to the multi-million dollar business empire. When they were finished, Dylan cleared his throat. "I promise, I will bring her to you safe and unharmed." The boss nodded, satisfied, and dismissed Dylan.

It was a rather uneventful drive to the airport. The daughter lived in San Francisco, and the firm was based in New York. At least the jet they chartered was comfortable, and the fact that they didn't have to worry about security meant that Dylan could spend the flight cleaning his gun, instead of wishing it wasn't locked up in the baggage hold. A company car was waiting for him at his destination, a specially modified Dodge Charger with bulletproof windows and armor-plated bodywork. He climbed inside without further ado and drove to the house that he was told would be the place that the boss's daughter would be waiting for him. He found himself to be rather nervous as he walked up the path and rang the doorbell.

Crystal is sitting inside of the condo, completely miserable as she sits on the couch and waiting. She is completely alone here, she have recently lost her mother a month ago and in her will telling her that she does have a father. Now this is her opportunity of meeting him, and she doesn't know what to think about all of this. In a way, she is still mourning over the loss, but at the same time she is agree about the fact that her dad is out there. AT the very least she could get some answers when they meet. Someone knocks on the door, and she stood up to answer it. Someone is picking her up, and she opens the door to see a man standing there.

"Let me guess, you are the guy, right?" She asked, guessing that she knows the answer. "Just give me one moment, i'll get my jacket and luggage.." She leaves the door open and walks into the house to gather her stuff before leaving. She has been waiting in the living room, but she is packed and ready to leave. "Okay, so..." she closed door as she is now outside. "Lets get this over with."

Dylan was acutely aware of how Crystal may still be mourning the loss of her mother, and carried a great deal of her heaviest luggage to the car. Shutting the trunk, he turned to talk with her for a moment. "Dylan Johnson, good to meet you. I'm sorry for your loss," he said. And he meant it. "Is there anything else you'd like saved for your new home? A TV, perhaps a favorite Lazy-Boy or something? Your father can have some people pick it up." He leaned against the car, fidgeting nervously. He had had the dubious privilege of delivering bad news before, usually to the wives and children of the fallen men he had commanded in the SEALs, but this was the first time he had tried to console a stranger. He was a little out of his element, and shifted anxiously from one foot to the other as he waited for her to answer.

Crystal didn't turn to look at him, but she does speak. "Thanks, but I do not want to be reminded." SHe said sharply. She rather not take anymore pity, especially from a stranger. "No, lets just go." She opens up the back seat after placing her stuff in the back if it is not crowded, she rather just get this over with rather than staying here to remind her of bad memories. Crystal takes the backseat of the car, looking around on the inside, the windows are tinted and it is pretty high tech and has extra nic nacs. She doesn't know much about cars, but this feeling of being in it made her feel uneasy like they are expecting something bad to happen.

"I'm sorry. I'm just trying to help," Dylan said as he climbed into the driver's seat. Noticing Crystal's reaction to the car, he turned around in the seat before he started the engine. "Your dad mentioned that some people were after you. The kind that are interested in kidnapping you. The car and I are just a precaution. I used to be Special Forces, so you can count on me to protect you, if it comes to that." He flashed what he hoped was a reassuring smile, before he turned back around and started the engine.

"Huh?" Crystal stood in attention. "Kidnapping? What? Is the old man part of the Mafia or something?" She is frighten now, she didn't know that she was a target of something she didn't understand, what is going on here? She cuddles herself on the seat, do they know that she is riding inside of this car? That couldn't be, the windows are tinted, and this looks like a street racing car than the fancy black ones rich people would chauffeur in. This has made her paranoid of the outside, she doesn't think that she would be able to get out of the car.

Dylan turned around in the seat again. "No, no, he's not part of the Mafia. He's an extremely successful businessman, and all that money will be yours one day, so some honor-less dogs are of course jealous and want to take that away from you and your dad. He sent me to make sure that never happens. And if I may be so bold, Crystal, they're probably jealous of your beauty as well." He gave a sheepish smile; he hadn't intended to become attracted to her when he accepted this assignment. He cleared his throat and continued. "The car is supposed to keep them out, not to keep you in. Would you like to take a walk or something? Maybe that'll help you calm down?"

Last edited:
"That certainly doesn't help, why are there people jealous of me? They don't even know me!" She finds this unbelievable, what a world she lives in. What is she suppose to do? "If you do not mind, there is one place. There is a park nearby on Laurant and Soders." She said, as walking around just a before a car ride might do some good. "Please? it won't take long. Its a good place to walk, I haven't had the the time to think straight..."

"They don't know you," he agreed. "But I know your dad, and he would not have sent me if he didn't care about you, if he didn't want to make absolutely certain you got to him safely no matter what happened. Let's go to the park, then." He opened the door and climbed out, before helping Crystal out of the vehicle and opening the trunk. He pulled out a black duffel bag with the Tactical Solutions logo on it, then shut the lid and turned to Crystal. "Lead the way."

"...Thank you, I just need to take this all in." Crystal leaves the car as she walks on the sidewalk, the park is close by, and it is a wide area that people go to for various activities. She walks on the grass, looking around as she tries to get as much of this world as possible. "This feels nice..." She sighs. "I've never been to New York, barely ever left the state. This feels so weird, what am I suppose to do or say when I reach the end?"

"I can't answer that for you. But I do know that, however much catching up you and your dad have to do, he's gonna be there for you as long as he can. And who knows? Maybe I can--" Dylan stopped mid-sentence, noticing the same six faces in the crowd even though all the others have come and gone as normal. The faces all looked Asian. Yakuza, he guessed. "Crystal. Something's wrong. Stay close." But he barely made it three feet before the first thug stepped in front of him, and it took barely a second for the other five to surround them both.

Dylan cracked his neck. "Oh, hey boys. Come here often?" He suddenly lashed out, catching the guy directly behind him completely by surprise as he crumpled to the ground in a heap. He proceeded to take them down one by one until only the leader remained. "Crystal, run," Dylan said, getting ready for what could be a more difficult fight.

Crystal huffs. "Catching up...right. I still have no idea what do say to him. It will be awkward between us!" She said, but she turns to see Asian men in black suits coming right for them. "Uh, who are they?" She has no idea, but they look fishy, and it look like she was right as they start to attack Dylan, she becomes so scared, but somehow found it within herself to run back to the safety of the car. She hopes that none of them would follow her to kidnap her.

As Ally ran off, the brute seemed to hesitate, seemingly indecisive, and that was enough for Dylan. His foot came crashing down on the thug's leg, and he screamed as the satisfying sound of bones snapping could be heard above the agitated crowd. Once the goon was on his knees, Dylan just karate-chopped him on the back of the neck, knocking him out completely, and he wasted no time grabbing the thug's phone before holding up his own credentials to the crowd. "Private security, nothing to worry about, thank you." But they seemed impressed more than scared; some of them even thanked him for "taking out the trash", but he had eyes only for Crystal as he made his way back to the car.

Last edited:
Crystal enters into the car, peeking just in case. They wouldn't be able to look inside because of the window right? She is scared that at the thought of being kidnapped, she could see that Dylan is returning to the car, but she still keeping a look out. "Who were they? They were coming at us, what the hell?" Now there is the incentive to leave the city as soon as possible. "Will they follow us? Do they know we are here?"

"Maybe. Give me your phone," he said, reaching into the glove compartment and pulling out a Faraday bag. "If they're tracking us via your phone, I can put it in this bag, and then they won't get a signal anymore. You won't be able to use it either, until you're safe, but it's better than smashing it like they do in those action movies, right?" He smiled at her, clearly quite taken with the young lady.

Crystal gives him her phone and puts it into the bag, at the very least he didn't crush her phone. Its rather scary that they could be tracking her phone, what on Earth has she done to get someone to hate her? "When would it safe? Would they be able to follow us like in a crazy car chase?" That makes her even more worried, if the cars threaten to run them off the road.

"They could try..." Dylan adopted a self-satisfied smirk. "But at that point I'd call backup, and the backup we have on call for you, are all former Special Forces like me. They wouldn't stand a chance." He put the bag in the glove compartment. "And the car's onboard systems are encrypted. Even if they could track it, we would know about it at the very least, and might be able to use it to our advantage. Send them on a wild goose chase. Greed makes people stupid." He put the key in the ignition. "So, are you ready to get going now?"

"Yes, lets just go." She said quickly, maybe they would be slow to catch on if they hurry. Crystal looks at her house, saying goodbye at least before they leave the city. This is sort of a new venture and this trip is about to be long. She has never cross country before, and she would enjoy it if it were a vacation. "Special forces? Then I am in safe hands." She remembers that he annihilated the men in suits.

Dylan followed her gaze, and put a hand on her shoulder reassuringly. "Hey, if you'd like, you could come back here once all this is taken care of. Your father just wants to get to know the beautiful young woman his daughter has become. Okay, maybe the part about being beautiful was just me." He smiled somewhat sheepishly. "But yeah, let's go. Your dad sent me here on a chartered flight, so we won't have to go through the main airport." He revved the engine in the car and took off in a blaze of lights and siren, the Tactical Solutions logo and the word "SECURITY" appearing on the front doors, hood and trunk of the car.

Crystal leans back on her seat as they are finally on the move to head towards the airport. There is no way that they would be hit while going to a large public place. Dylan has a point, she could just come back here, she has heard that New York is expensive to live in. "You really are one with words, aren't you? Do you use those lines one every girl you are assigned to?"

"No," Dylan said with an unintelligible look on his face. "While I haven't been assigned to many girls, nobody in my life has caused me to be so unprofessional. Until you. But you know what?" He smiled but kept his eyes on the road; however anyone with eyes to see could tell he is smiling at her. "I don't mind."

Crystal seems surprised and a bi flattered by this, he maybe saying these things to make her feel better, but she doesn;t mind at the moment. It made her give a small smile. "Thanks, now I just feel goofy." She leans back on the seat, and waited until they pulled into the airport. She looks around and saw a hanger where a private jet is stored. The old man is certainly letting her gain the best in travel.

Dylan's smile widened. "Well hopefully you can feel goofy for the rest of the--" His words were cut off by the jet they were scheduled to take back to New York, the tanker refueling it, and the hangar all exploding in a massive, shrapnel-filled fireball. Luckily they were a good distance away, else they would be screwed. He slammed on the brakes, the car skidding to a stop. "FUCK!", he said, slamming his hands on the steering wheel.

After an agonizingly long moment of holding his breath, Dylan let it out and turned to Crystal. "Do you have any idea how deep they must have gotten to pull that off? Airport staff, Tactical Solutions ground crew. Hell, the pilots could have been in on it!" He switched the car's console display to an analysis of how much damage the car had sustained, and he was pleased to see that everything was still at 100%. "They really built this puppy to last." Dylan put the car in gear and exited the airport amidst the wailing of sirens and the scrambling of security forces. "Hope you have enough stuff for a cross-country road trip. Obviously, flying is too risky, and the only people we can trust right now are my old buddies from the Navy SEALs on backup duty." As if on cue, a Tactical Solutions Black Hawk helicopter swooped into a course flying the same direction they drove. Dylan's earpiece crackled. "What's the play, boss?", his second-in-command asked. "Same as before, except we're pounding the ground until we get back to HQ. Find yourselves a couple Suburbans." "Yes, sir," the other man responded, the Black Hawk peeling away as Dylan and Crystal got on the highway and exited the city of San Francisco.

Last edited:
Crystal was thinking that this tiny trip would be no problem, but that changed when she saw the hanger go up in smoke which cause her to scream. She ducks her head down as she doesn't know what would happen next, but all she knows is that she is scared now as the car dashed out of the airfield. "W-what?" She looks up, they are actually going on the road, this is insane, someone is trying to kill her.

Dylan pulled over, turned around and saw the fear on Crystal's face. He got out of the car, opened the door to the back seat, and knelt down and wrapped his arms around her protectively. "I know. It's scary, what you're going through. I'm scared too. Because you have to be scared, to be brave." He let her go for a bit and pulled out a set of dog tags from under his shirt. "Remember I said I was a Navy SEAL? My last mission is still classified, so we would both be in a lot of trouble if you told anyone this. But I was sent to rescue an Army soldier and his wife. They were on leave in the south of France and they were taken hostage and bought to the Middle East. He gave me his dog tags when they were all safe. I wear them to remind myself that my job is to protect people, even when I'm shooting things and blowing shit up." He took the dog tags off his neck and handed them to Crystal. "I want you to hold onto these until we're at your father's building, okay? Cause we're gonna get there safely. I swear it."

Back
Top Bottom