Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

You have a lot of tension...

senpai

美人
Withdrawn
I'm studying to become an acupuncturist, and am now in my final years of learning all there is about oriental medicine and techniques. Being Korean myself, I've also gained a lot of knowledge from several of my relatives in Korea being knowledgeable in that field, so I thought I'd share a useful tip with you guys.

You certainly don't have to believe acupressure/acupuncture works to try this out! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but I've helped out a lot of my friends who were suffering from tension and stress from their everyday lives. So, you're probably and subconsciously holding a lot of tension in your body without knowing it and there are two ways to release it by acupressure:

For neck tension, take the back of a BLUNT object (the back of a rounded pen, something that isn't sharp or will cause pain) or just use your finger to press firmly and massage between your pinky and ring finger knuckle on your left hand. You should apply some firm pressure and rub in slow circles into the valley between your knuckles and a little above it, for one minute. This is the Zhong Zhu point and will help release tension in your neck. You should find it easier to turn your head from left to right.

For stomach tension, lay three fingers at the top of your wrist as a unit of measurement and right below the third finger from the top, press firmly at the center of the wrist and rub in slow circles for one minute. You should feel a large tendon there that you can massage. This point, Neiguan, is great for nausea and gas/bloating symptoms too.

Try these and share your results if they worked, or if they didn't below! You can have a lot of pent-up tension from sitting and writing posts, so hope this helped!

I gave the neck tension test a try and I thought my neck was a little more relaxed, but I can't decide if that was because I wanted your technique to work or if it was actually working. I don't suffer from nausea or gas/bloating problems so I can't give the stomach tension thing a try. Someone else with an upset stomach can get back to us on that one!

Do you have any techniques for lower back tension?

Back
Top Bottom