Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Who´s your favorite classical composer?

horizonsandzebras

~ heathen on the loose ~
I will admit I got the broadest taste in music. Genre after genre quite different from one another are music to my ears. But let´s pause a while and find the tempo of that alluring fine tunes of cellos, violins and brass from the symphony orchestras. Or small ensemble, quartet or solo artist on that matter.

Which ones are your favorites?

Mine varies from a day to day basis but I would probably go for something like...
Bach, Brahms, Beethoven... umm a lot of B´s, but I´d spice it up with Dvorak "From the New world" and anything from Chopin really.🎻
Speaking of, Dream Theater are almost classical too, or they´re not too far off the genre are they? Ok, I pick them too!

Tchaikovsky, I think. Anyone who uses cannons as instruments gets my vote.

As the Eurythmics put it: "I love to (listen to) Beethoven", but I also have all kinds of other classical music that I cycle through - Prokofiev's Lieutenant Kije, Philip Glass (mainly his soundtrack to Mishima, but other stuff as well), Carl Orff's rendering of Gassenhauer and the odd bit of Carmina Burana (such a shame he was a Nazi...), Eric Satie's Gnossiennes and Gymnopedes, Mozart's Marriage of Figaro, Mussorgsky (pretty much anything), and I often write to Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade. I can even take Wagner in small doses (but opera is not really my scene, so I prefer his overtures).

I don't have a fav. My parents tried hard... perhaps too much. But I have favorite pieces.

Mozart and Beethoven for the most part. Those were the ones I heard when I was still small and they now evoke a nostalgia feel. I tried to get into others since, but they haven't quite caught on and I suspect that I secretly only enjoy those two composers simply because its a familiar childhood thing.

I love Erik Satie. He's a French pianist. From the moment I heard Gymnopedies, I was hooked.

Back
Top Bottom