Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Stable's Secret {Marcuss & Wendi}

Ceron

Supporter
Supporter
Ash could feel the cool breeze coming off the bar for a moment cooling his sweat covered body while his large biceps buldge grabbing the bale of hay and throwing it up into the loft with a smooth and easy motion. Having recently turned eighteen he knew that most lads knowing what he knew would be vengeful and spiteful wanting nothing more then to get away from the stables.. Him ,well he was quiet happy. Something about the manual labor , and the beauty of many of the king's horses that well seemed to call to him.

Technically he knew he should be pampered, wearing silks and sleeping on satin. Being courted by some of the most beautiful women of the kingdom , still he understood his mother, the queen's , reasons for what she did. A mistake that turned into him. Still she made sure that if he wanted it he had anything he could need but he seemed to do well enough under the tutelage of the Master stableman Jonas. The man was a genius with horse and well Ash had been a quick study in the apprenticeship.

Few would realize just how handsome he was as his forearm smeared a long line of dirt over his face trying to wipe the sweat from dripping more into his eyes. The noon day sun was brutal this day but the sooner he got this done the quicker he could join the lads at the pub for a drink and a night of rowdiness. Pushing the some what unkempt sandy hair from his eyes , which the blues regarded the still full wagon of hay. Seemed never ending as he headed back outside to unload the new wagon , his bronzed flesh glistening under the day's light

Betrayal. It was the one word that she couldn't escape from mind. Despite that fact that an arranged marriage had always been inevitable, Crystal had never once imagined being forced to marry such a swine of a man. she had envisioned a handsome, chivalrous prince whom was charming and caring. Instead her father had chosen a greasy, disgusting, pompous man whom couldn't care less about the princess. And for what/ Money..she had been sold like a common slave..betrayed by those closest to her..and there was absolutely nothing she could do to revolt against it. Though she was considered powerful among villagers, a princess was nothing compared to the word of the king.

As her mother reached out to her with a slightly trembling hand, Crystal retracted. "leave me alone" the words came out of her mouth with sheer bitterness and resentment. Usually the slender, petite blond was full of life, love, and laughter..,but from one glance into those deep emerald eyes, it was apparent that all lighter emotions had been drained from her entirely. She did not at all wish to be in such vile company at the moment, and so she stormed out of the king's quarters whilst fighting back tears. There was only one person she could stand to be with at the moment, and he would not exactly be located inside the palace. For once..she was quite thankful for this fact.

making her way out into the vast courtyard, she disappeared into the thicket of various exquisite flowers and plant forms, only reappearing just outside of the stable. as always he seemed to be hard at work, and yet for some reason..content, more content than she'd ever be anyway. Past the radiant white gown that clung to her curvaceous appearence, past the gems and the powder, and the sweet succulent smell of lavender and honey..she was just another person being forced to conform to society. In an attempt to gain his attention, Crystal simply knocked lightly on the wooden wall f the stable..

It was the scent of lavender and honey that would alert him to her presence before she even stepped near to the stable. The stack of hay in the middle of the barn he hefted one and tossed it easily up into the air as it landed upon the hay loft. He already knew of her impending marriage for the pompas ass had spoken rather crudely to one of the other boys, as if the king's stable hands did not know how to care for a horse. He turned towards her raising an eyebrow and his deep voice would slip from his lips to his half sister. Something only he and his mother knew, a secret that beyond them only one other knew of.

"Take it Princess you have just been told of your future slug that your suppose to marry " trying to offer a bit of humor seeing the look on her face. Picking up another bale he lugged it up as it landed with a loud thump. Only a few more left he continued with the motions feeling the thick muscles straining "Guess that is why I enjoy being a lowly stable boy " he gave her a wink playful in nature. " Feel free to help yourself if your thirst , cool water is in the bucket over there I should be done in a minute." As much as he knew he could have a temper he was more fearful of Master Jonas.

The shirt clung to his thick body as the sore muscles tensed and bulged wit the tiredness of the day and it was barely just past the peek of the sun's journey. Then again he had figured that Crystal would be showing up so he had rushed threw his duties for the day. The last one went thump and he let out a tired breath. Here as far as she was concerned he treated her like he would anyone else. He pulled the dirty shirt off wiping his face and chest trying to get some of the sweat off before grabbing a towel.

"So what happened ? "

An elongated sigh displayed the depths of her emotions possibly more than any words could. This was her response to her friends first statement, in agreement to the dire news. Whilst she awaited for him to finish up his difficult labor, she wandered over to one of the chestnut coated horses. She had always loved the horses, for her they symbolized freedom, loyalty, and companionship. Crystal allowed her fingers to run ever so slowly throughout the horses thick pelt of hair. A vague half smile formed from her perfectly carved lips once the creature nuzzled its head against her in a gentle manor.

Her focused only returned to Ash once his masculine voice began to echo throughout the shed once more. She turned her head to face him, tilting it slightly whilst thinking of the proper response. She was always taught to speak as little as possible, so as not to anger males..but Ash seemed always to want to hear her speak, and though this puzzled her..she appreciated his friendship more than anything.

"Father said its for the good of the Kingdom. He sold me to a swine for money and he assumes that I should be grateful for the arrangeable. The man is truly vile..how do they expect me to spend my life with someone whom cares about nothing but money and women. Six wives he had already Six! I'm just another object for him to play with and use to show his extravagance... Mother seemed to feel guilty, but she wouldn't dare stand up to The king..no one will, There isn't anything I can do..Not a thing" By the time her sentence faded into the musty air around them, Crystal was vividly fighting back tears. She didn't at all want to seem weak, but she felt absolutely heart broken. she was actually rather devastated.

The sigh that left her lips did not go unnoticed by him as he finished his chore.As per usual she said hello to the horse that seemed to be her favorite. But still it wasn't long till he felt her eyes upon him. He always did wonder just what exactly she thought when he felt her gaze on him for there seemed to have a hungry feel to it at times. Which in that moment caused him to smirk as he met her eyes and listened to her story .

"I know you see it that way Princess but also the man is not only rich but controls one of the busiest ports in the kingdom and holds control over most of the Navy. I know he is about appealing as a slug in the rain but " he shrugged some " Most marriages of royalty are not done for love. " his eyes met to hers feeling bad for her knowing that the last thing she needed was to hear the truth of things " I know you might not realize this but your father is in a very precarious position as of late and this will ensure you stay in those rather lovely gowns"

He walked over to the buck dipping the ladle into the bucket and filled the dented steel cup. His eyes returned to her admiring the beauty of his half sister. He offered a smile as he finished drying the sweat off his body with a fresh towel . Closing the distance to her he slipped his arms around her seeing how she fought to keep her tears from falling. " I know I was hoping that things would be different for you "

She shook her head slightly as he spoke of the harsh truth of things. What many failed to realize, was that Crystal was not at all materialistic. She envied Ash more than anyone. He was so free, so humble, and devilishly handsome all the while. Not to mention, he got to spend endless time with the horses..whom she cared for dearly. "you sound just like my Father" She complained as he finished dropping honesty towards her.

"I honestly don't care about gowns..I can barely breath in them and they are so heavy. also..I could do without all these riches and power..its a burden I'd rather release myself of. Its not worth it, it never has been and never will be..at least not for me. I've sacrificed my personality, my freedom, my dreams, and now my heart..for the sake of being a princess. I'd give anything to find out that I was adopted, or at least know that the fate of the thrown didn't rest in my hands..father wouldn't be so keen on selling me to a worthy heir if I had a brother to take my place.." Whilst she spoke she made her way over to one of the stacks of hay and sat down gently upon it, her gaze never one left her only friend and companion. She admired his toned, over worked body. It was a beautiful contrast to the lanky, pale princes she was always surrounded by.

He knew even as the Princess shook her head at him that he needed to speak the truth for anything less and he would not be the man that she was. He raised an eyebrow at her words stroked his ear knowing how she would still upset and angry. HE watched as she climbed ot the loft still speaking of how she thought grass was greener upon the other side. Shaking his head as he dumped the bucket over his head washing away the grime, sweat and dirt from the chores, drying himself off and looking almost normal at this point.

He could counter with the meager meals, sleeping upon hay if he was lucky, the cold nights and the even hotter days as the seasons turned. The fact he at times could barely have his clothing mended, sure he had the fund but why really it was to keep him quiet , he knew the truth of it.

Sighing he climbed up a few moments later and laid next to her " Look I am not meaning to sound like the King but I think at all classes we have our burden's to bare Your Highness. " he shrugged knowing as well that her life as cushy as it was , probably was not all roses and peaches. "But even though, yes your marrying a slug of a man your securing the kingdom " He looked over at her with a grin that seemed to light up his face

"And do not look at it as the end for if you play the game right you can rule threw him. Just need to find his weakness. You are a strong female and though your upset now I think that you will find a way to eat your cake as well as view it " he gave her a wink leaning back upon the straw feeling the sore muscles scream in protest

Back
Top Bottom