Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hypothetical scenarios

Dez Nul Void

Super-Earth
If there is a better place for the please let me know.

I enjoy good mental experiences. Kind of like "what if" scenarios. Something along the lines of "what would society be like if humans only had to eat once a week? What if we evolved that way? What if it was a sudden change? What would be the effects on our culture?" Things like that. Questions like that I ask else were though. Due to the unique nature of these forums I have suitable teamed questions in mind. I'm sure this will be fun for those that are interested. This is ment to open discussion of stimulating conversations. Basics rules of debate apply. Address your point and counter point. Opinionated responses such as "this is dumb" or "you are stupid" are unacceptable replies. Once I feel like one scenario has been discussed in enough I'll issue another one. (Basically if I feel like the thread has gone inactive I'll bump it with another scenario)

Here is the first scenario for discussion.

You are in a relationship with someone. They provide you with a comfortable life, warm soft home, you never go hungry, what ever you ask for they can usually get within a reasonable time, even vacations to exotic places happen regularly. The thing is you are not the only lover your partner has. They are upfront and honest about their [ther relationships. They never hide it. Their lovers actually get along with you and you with them. Do you break up with this person because it is not a monogomist relationship? If you do, you give up that life. Those connections are gone.

Stay or go? Why or why not?

I'd go. I pride myself on my independence and I can be a fairly jealous person. Not an ideal trait but one I posess nonetheless. I'm sure a shrink could dive deeper into the reasons behind that but no matter what those reasons are a relationship with the foundations such as you laid out would be a crack that would only spread and grow no matter what was done to patch or fix it.

It really depends on what our emotional bond is like. I've never done it, but I'm not ruling out an open relationship until I've tried one. A former landlord and his husband were together for 14 years and open because their jobs were in different cities. They were fine over the long-term. I'm not so philosophically rigid as to say I couldn't accept or even enjoy something that isn't what I was raised to value. I've multi-dated plenty, not with a serious commitment to anyone, but I could share myself around just fine for short periods.

So, as long as I now my rich partner is emotionally committed to me, I think I'd be ok with it. Though, I acknowledge that would take a some doing. But No, I wouldn't end it simply for being an open relationship.

Good byyyyyye. Unless I don't love him at all. And even then, though, I would absolutely dislike knowing he did it. Perhaps if I don't love him and I'm not aware of who and where. Perhaps also this would be possible if he's cheating with guys (safely, and if I saw them they're nice to me) but I am a jealous type about other women. I know I can handle a boyfriend who flirts with a guy, and I know I can't handle it if it's a girl.
Of course if i'm otherwise starving, well. This would be like any woman staying in a bad relationship due to poverty

I'm a fairly anxious person. I don't like chaos or things feeling 'off' for long periods of time. That being said, I can't say I'd categorically deny this kind of relationship. I really don't know how to predict my anxiety, so I don't think I'd know what I'd say before the situation actually appeared. I would guess that if I said yes, I wouldn't be capable of viewing this as a serious relationship. In today's world with all its' stresses, you can barely make enough time to cuddle with one person, how would you make enough for several? But, if I were to live somewhere else than them (so that I didn't have to see all their lovers have a go at them) and it was entirely casual with total freedom for both sides of the relationship, then I could see it possibly working. Again, the biggest element that'd make this hard is my anxiety. Also, I probably wouldn't want too many gifts. And I don't like to travel far for my vacations. (I know, I'm weird)

If I like the 3rd party I don't see a big problem. I admit that love can be a fickle beast, but I see it more as living with very close room mates with benefits.

I wouldn't mind at all having 2 sexy people around, as a switch I'm flexible ^^

I don´t see the financial gain or high living standard as an essential factor in this situation. If all the parties concerned gave their permission, are comfortable with each other and are able to share their time equally I would like such an arrangement. I admit that I would like to share a bedroom with them and be part of " group activities " but I can manage one on one if the time seems reasonably divided (I am a bit jealous so there could be some rivalry, but that could be seen as an opportunity to get better and group up on each other :3)

I don't know if I'd get as far as learning the identities of the other lovers, honestly. I am a selfish lover and I have no interest in sharing my partner. I'm not particularly interested in exotic vacations or any of that, material things don't motivate my relationship choices.

Back
Top Bottom