Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Colors refuse to change

Bunny

α нeαrт'ѕ α нeαvy вυrdeɴ
Staff member
I was curious why sometimes colors just refuse to take. With one person I color the entire body of my posts, one color for the majority of it, with words colored in another shade. Sometimes, however, the site seems to decide I cannot have something colored. Normally it seems to be words in italics, but this time, it was several paragraphs of back story. It would only color the first paragraph and the remaining four paragraphs refused to change color.

Is it that I set the color and font beforehand that messes with it? Just sorta curious, normally it's not a huge deal. More wondering if it's something I am doing.

Is it that I set the color and font beforehand that messes with it?

Usually its something like that. What happens is that the automatic BB code format will make a mistake in closing a tag. In most cases, spoiler tags are the culprit but I've seen it happen with alignment and font tags. I've also seen the hr line get multiplied a few times. What happens is that a code, call it A, will open tag before code B, but then it will close before code B closes - which is the improper way of handling tags. Setting your color and font before hand might do something like this because it'll close the tags at the end of your post, which will move as you type more paragraphs at the end of your post. The spoiler tags will mess with this very often because you can't usually have a code start before the spoiler and carry over inside the spoiler tag or after it.

The best way to handle this is to toggle off auto bb code (last icon on the right) and manually check the codes around the paragraph you can't get formatted.

Usually its something like that. What happens is that the automatic BB code format will make a mistake in closing a tag. In most cases, spoiler tags are the culprit but I've seen it happen with alignment and font tags. I've also seen the hr line get multiplied a few times. What happens is that a code, call it A, will open tag before code B, but then it will close before code B closes - which is the improper way of handling tags. Setting your color and font before hand might do something like this because it'll close the tags at the end of your post, which will move as you type more paragraphs at the end of your post. The spoiler tags will mess with this very often because you can't usually have a code start before the spoiler and carry over inside the spoiler tag or after it.

The best way to handle this is to toggle off auto bb code (last icon on the right) and manually check the codes around the paragraph you can't get formatted.

I see, thank you! I thought it might just be an easy fix like that. You are the absolute best <3

well probably no one would expecting an answer from someone with such nick. However, for forum RP's I think it is easier to apply the format commands manually instead of automatic formatting. I know it sounds a little bit scary at first. But when you got used to it, it works like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom