Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Something There That Wasn’t There Before [Blurugirl & Tobie Peril]

Tobie Peril

Super-Earth
All the hard work the Beast had put into returning to a normal life was squandered. By some miracle, he had achieved his end of the bargain; he was madly in love with Belle and she was to him. However, they seemed to have been too late to have saved himself and his friends from a lifetime as objects and this loathsome creature. There was still some magic remaining within the Enchantress’s rose petal; all the wounds left upon him his body by the brute known as Gaston healed nearly instantaneously. As well, the residents of the castle maintained their autonomy. No, they weren’t human again, but at least they were alive.

However, this second chance of life wasn’t enough to soothe the soul of The Beast. Seeing that he did not revert to his human body, he went into the castle, doing his best to terrify the mob so much that they would permanently stay away. The battle over the castle was complete, but he did not celebrate. Instead, The Beast had refused to leave his chambers. Several days passed before anyone had the courage to approach his chambers aside from leaving him meals. And, of course, it was Belle who stepped forward to break The Beast’s isolation.

Even though his dear friend had confessed her love to him, the emotional heightening of the mob’s attack had long since ceased, and the Beast feared that her passions would die away. But, she was there by his side. The only time Belle left was when it came time to rest and to go to the library.

The Beast loved listening to her voice as she read him stories. Every so often, she’d try to get him to speak up, provide some input, but he gave him nothing besides the occasional growl. During one particular day, nearing sunset, Belle had been reading a story with themes of horror. Belle’s narration was soothing, as it always was, but something about its contents had hit something in his core. As she read, all he could imagine was the night the mob came with bloodlust in their eyes.

“I don’t like this story,” The Beast grumbled. “Please, stop Belle. Could you find something else?”

Outside the chambers of the Beast, the atmosphere was one of celebration mixed with melancholy. The servants found themselves restored to their human form, but their happiness was shadowed by the fact that their Prince was still ensorcelled. This contrast was made more poignant by the fact that the servants had seen their young master blossom under the friendship and affection shown to him by Belle. They had seen the grand potential in their young master come to life, only to be tragically dashed when the enchantment had been lifted from all except him. The Beast had withdrawn to his chambers, with the only interaction allowed by the Beast was the delivery of his meals (left just outside his chamber doors) and Belle's daily reading. All the hopes of the castle's staff laid on the narrow shoulders of the young maiden they considered their new mistress.

As for Belle, the despair that laid on her heart seemed to grow heavier every day. The Beast would make noncommittal sounds every day that she would read to him, but he would never let her draw him out. But no matter how despondent Belle felt, every day she returned to the Beast's chambers, her demeanor cheerful and optimistic as she read to him

Then one day, while Belle was reading a story to her dear friend...no, she mentally corrected herself, her beloved...his bass voice rumbled "Please stop Belle. Could you find something else?"

Belle's heart leapt for joy as she set down her book and rushed over to Beast. Overwhelmed with happiness, she took his great right paw in her hands and lifted it up to her face. "Of course," she enthused. "I'll go to the library now. What sort of book should I bring back?"

2c2a9a488146ff66d26754b206de8d56.jpg

The Beast wasn't sure how to answer her question. He wasn't in the mood for much of anything these days. For one thing, he didn't want to hear anything new and taking the risk of hearing something unpleasant. He needed something familiar, something comforting.

His mind then thought of one story that Bell had read once before. The story centered around two star-crossed lovers who rebelled from their families for the sake of love. He nearly suggested it, but he then remembered how it ended. He wasn't in the mood for a story like that; maybe he never would be again.

"Could you tell me the story of the poor boy who fell in love with a princess. He had to disguise himself in order to even speak to her." He remembered that Belle seemed to be very delighted by that one, always smiling, even when the boy was revealed to be a fraud. The thought of that smile made him shiver and look away from her. "And do me a favor. Get rid of that book you have. I don't want to see it."

"Of course," Belle replied, setting Beast's paw down as she moved over to the book she had laid down. "I'll be right back."

As she opened the door to the Beast's chamber, she found a cart with his dinner waiting. She quickly rolled the cart over to Beast.

"Why don't you have a quick bite while I find that story?" she suggested as she left the chamber, a book tucked under her arm.

The Beast took a glance at the dining tray. He could tell by the various selections that the kitchen staff prepared were in an effort o cheer him up. All week, they have been giving him his favorite meals and desserts. He was sure that they thought it was helping, but it only made him feel even more frustrated and guilty.

"That's fine," he told her.

While she was gone, he reached for a spoon to start on his soup. It wasn't all that long ago he would have devoured it on one gulp, and know he was practicing table manners. At first, it was to get Belle to like him and now it was something he did all on his own. As he took a sip of some tea, he noticed that a young man with fair hair was peeking in on him.

"Chip," The Beast said with a lump in his throat, "what are you doing here? You should go out and play."

Chip was a bit embarrassed being caught by the master of the castle. Before, he was so small that he could hide just about anywhere. And now he was always getting caught when he kept trying to steal treats from his mother's kitchen. "Mama wanted me to make sure you liked the tea," Chip fibbed. Really, the boy took it upon himself to check on the Beast.

Last edited:
"And I think you are doing a wonderful job at it, Chip," Belle said with a smile as she re-entered the Beast's chambers, a new book tucked under her arm. "But I think the Prince is right when he says you should be out playing. Especially after the wonderful job you've done."

In truth, Belle was overjoyed at the young boy's presence. Between her and Chip, they had gotten the Beast to talk for the first time in what seemed like forever.

"But perhaps you can come in tomorrow to see how the Prince likes his tea?" Belle added, sending Beast an open conspiratorial look. "I'm sure your mother would appreciate that as well."

"Yes," The Beast said with a low growl. He did not appreciate what Belle had done, committing him to plans he wasn't quite ready for. "The three of us can have mid-day tea tomorrow. If I'm feeling well. Belle will let your mom know tomorrow."

Chip gleefully smiled hearing the news. He waved goodbye to the two adults before running down the hall. The Beast flinched a little, hoping that his joyful running didn't cause any of the expensive art to shake or collapse. He then turned to Belle and his small smile didn't fade.

"I'm glad that Chip appears..normal," The Beast said to Belle. He was telling the truth. He was sure that the past several years were difficult for those who dwelled in the castle. The fact that this little boy was able to as bouncy and joyful as he is was nothing short of a miracle. "I saved you some food. In case you were hungry."

From the corner of his eye, The Beast's attention was drawn to the bedroom window. Chip was running at full speed into the Castle garden, Sultan chasing after him.

"I can eat later," Belle said, settling down in a seat across from Beast. "For now, why don't I start that story you wanted to hear?"

Belle flipped through the volume until she found the story she was looking for. Belle straightened her shoulders before beginning the story.

"Once, in the fabled city of Agrabah, there was an oil lamp. In appearance, the lamp waw no different from the thousand of other oil lamps in the city. But like many things in life, appearances can be deceiving. For the lamp was much more than it appeared. It would change the life of a young man who was also more than he appeared. A young man who was a diamond in the rough."

"The story of the young man and the lamp begins in the sands surrounding the city of Agrabah, on a star filled night..."

The Beast sat upright as Belle told the love story of Aladdin and Jasmine. The way that she told the story, he could see it all happening in his mind, although it was impossible for him to imagine Jasmine being more beautiful than Belle. He sat there in silence, finishing up his dinner. Even though he knew the twists and turns to come, they still carried the same excitement for him.

He could feel a warm feeling in his chest when Aladdin used his third wish to free the Genie. When Belle finally finished, it was darker out. He placed his paw over her hand. For the first time in quite a while, he didn't pull away when he noticed how different their bodies were.

"Thank you; I loved it," He said to her. "Belle, You are doing so much for me. I feel like I must give youu something."

Belle took her friend's paw in both of her hands, squeezing it affectionately. "Perhaps tomorrow night, after dinner, we can go to the study by the library. We'll build a big fire in the fireplace and I'll read you anything you want."

Belle paused, thinking that perhaps Beast might not yet wish to emerge from his own chambers. He had only just today started talking. She did not want to push him and risk having him fall back into silence.

"Or I could come back after your supper, and we can build a fire in the fireplace of your suite. Just tell me what book to return with," she added happily.

Beast had worried about the proposition of leaving his chambers for the library. He wasn't quite ready for the walls around him to be diminished. Talking had become easier for him over the last few hours, but he wasn't sure how much further he could push himself. His ears perked up at the alternative, although that could possibly be more time away from her. The Beast cherished his time with Belle and he truly wanted to believe she felt the same way.

"I would like to have supper here with you," He told her. He did his best to level his voice. In this beastly form, it was easy for a request like that to sound like an order. "I could go with you to the library to pick something out. And then we can return to my fireplace. This is only if you want to, of course."

He then moved his paw to her face, gently brushing it through her hair.

Belle pressed her face into Beast's paw, closing her eyes and smiling. She had seen her friend defend her against a pack of wolves, but she wasn't afraid of that strength or his "beastly-ness." She actually found them quite comforting, knowing Beast would never harm her or let harm come to her. It actually took a conscious act to lean away from Beast's paw as it was stroking her hair, so good did it feel.

"You eat, and I'll go get the book," Belle told her friend. "Any requests??

The Beast from before would not have taken her objection lightly. He would have growled angrily in her face, demanding that she just left him alone forever. But now, while part of him felt slightly hurt, he never wanted to be alone again. He hoped he never had to.

"What is the one about the girl in the tower," the Beast suggested. This was another story that he had loved when Belle told it. It had been a while since he had heard it, so some of the details were hazy. "I would like that one."

"I know that one," Belle assured her friend. "I'll be right back, right after supper." When Belle opened the door, another cart was waiting for Beast.

"Right after supper," she promised, running out the chambers and straight to the library.

The Beast smiled as he watched the young girl leave his room. He looked down at the tray, now all of his food being eaten. He found the energy to get up from his bed and taking it outside of his room. As he placed it outside his door, he took a glance into the hallway to find it empty. He let out a sigh, wondering how soon it would be before things felt normal for him.

"Thank you for the food," The Beast called out, believing that somebody was standing just outside the hallway. "It was delicious."

Almost as if Belle had been waiting for Beast to place his empty tray. She rushed back into the room with two books under her arms. In the interim Belle had removed her apron and the ribbon in her hair. She rushed back in excitedly, with not one but two books under arm.

"I have the story you wished," she began, "But I found another book while I was in the library. A most interesting book by the Marquis de Solelo. It is..." Belle paused, before proceeding a little more gingerly in her speech. "The Marquis has suggestions to use physical movements to improve your health, and perhaps lift your spirits. It is a technique called gymnastique suédoise. Would you...would you care to try a little before I read you Rapunzel?"

The Beast's eyes lit up when Belle returned to him, noticing that she appeared in a much happier mood. He was ready to relax in his bed for another story when he heard Belle's request. When she brought up that it was something to improve his health, he could feel a small ache in his back, probably from laying in bed for too long.

"I would be willing to try," The Beast said, speaking slowly. He stood up from the bed, looking down at the young girl. They had been sitting at eye level for so long that he nearly forgot how much bigger he was than her.

"Why don't we move into your antechamber?" Belle said, turning around and leading her friend in the larger room which served as the entrance area from the rest of the castle to the suite of rooms that were the Beast's.

"We'll have more room that way," she added, as she opened up the book to a page with diagrams of different exercises. She propped the book on one of the chairs, kicked off her shoes, then moved to a rug. Smiling up to her much larger friend, she asked, "Ready?"

The grin on Beast's face seemed to grow wide, although he was self-conscious enough to not want to show her his teeth. He wordlessly followed her into the antechamber, admiring how the determined girl set everything up. He looked down at the book, seeing the diagram that Belle had opened it to. He felt relief when he saw it; a book didn't always need to rely on words in order to get its message across.

"I'm ready," The Beast said. Trying to impress Belle, he attempted to stand up straight, letting out a small groan. He wasn't hurt, but he wasn't used to standing like that. He flashed her his grin, wanting to convince her that this was not a bad idea.

Belle gave a frown that might have been menacing on the Beast's face, but was actually rather cute on her visage.

"I think this is a very good idea after all," she said. She looked over her shoulder at the open page on the propped open book' "Let's start with a little stretching. And remember to take it slowwwww," she added, stretching for the ceiling.

"First, we stretch for the ceiling," she began, raising up on the tip of her toes as her hands went over her head, her fingers spreading apart as she lifted her arms.

"And then we touch the floor," Belle continued, slowly bending over. Belle easily touched her toes, her heair brushing against the floor.

Looking at the frown on her face made the Beast's heart skip a beat. In his mind, he was debating whether she was upset or being playful with him. The Beast followed Belle's instructions, acting as if he were a giant mimic of her body. As he extended his paws, he could feel tiny pops coming from them. When he had to bend over, he was much slower than he was at standing. Touching the floor, his body made a deep lean.

When he looked up at Belle, his eyes wandered to her backside. He looked at her behind. He saw Belle as a thin girl, but clearly had plenty of assets at her disposal. As they continued to stretch, The Beast would always take at least a second to study her curves and structure, feeling something warm awakening in his core.

Belle was completely oblivious to Beast checking her out. Instead her attention was split between checking the diagrams in the propped open book, checking on her own form, and then watching Beast.

Her beloved Beast seemed to be moving a little stiffly. No doubt this was because of the fact he had been sedentary lifestyle since the battle of the castle. No matter, Belle told herself. She had gotten him talking. Now she would get him moving.

When the finished stretching, she turned to her beloved Beast and smiled up at him. "Now we're going to do some lifting. The book says to use any items you have about and that would be convenient. For me, that would be books," she said with an infectious smile. "For you, we'll need something a little bit heavier."

Belle looked around the chamber, then smiled as an idea crossed her mind. "I need you to put your right hand out, palm up, about this high," she told her friend, gesturing with her own hand to a point about a food and half about the floor.

The Beast had been taking immense pleasure at watching Belle's body move. While he did find her body absolutely lovely to look at, he admired how she carried herself gracefully. The Beast was reminded of the night they shared together not that long ago where they danced in the Great Hall. There, his movements were also stiff, but Belle was a very gracious partner, playing to his strengths.

As Belle laid out the next bit of instructions, he puzzled over what she was having in mind. Lifting was something he would clearly be able to do; he took pride in his strength. If she was going to pick up a book, maybe she would have him lifting a chair. The Beast even thought about lifting his bed, but that seemed something less practical and something he would want to do to impress her.

"Like this," The Beast asked, following Belle's instructions of how he placed his body. While his hand felt a bit uncomfortable in this position, but dared not to question her. This was the most fun he'd had in a long time.

"Just like that," Belle said, and without further ado, Belle sat down in the flat palm of Beast's paw. "Now I need you to lift me up to shoulder height, then back down. And you can't drop me, so you'll find you have to do a little more work. I want you to do this ten times," Belle explained, "Then I'll move over to your other palm, and we'll do it ten more times, They're called that repetitions," Belle added.

Feeling Belle in his palm made his heart race more than any exercise would. He listed to her instructions; excited by her idea. The Beast began the process of lifting her up and down with one hand, laughing and smiling the whole time.

When it came to switching to his other hand, he didn't place her on the ground but instead held her close to his body. In a sense, it was like dancing; using the idea of repetitive motions so he can keep her body close to his. After a single spin, while embracing her, he transferred the girl to the other palm, doing another ten lifts.

"This is very fun, Belle," The Beast said wholesomely. He found himself laughing with his full body, the sound echoing through the room and down the hall.

Back
Top Bottom