Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pathfinder 1e- Ruins of Azlant- Looking for Players

Omenbearer

Moon
Ruins of Azlant.PNG

So....

I know this forum isn't exactly the normal place to look for high adventure roleplay, and I'm OK with that. I've had a craving recently to get back into systems roleplay, and I've had a hard time finding a good group. The guys are all too busy these days with their careers or have moved several states away, and I'm feeling the itch for a good group again. Hence why I'm here. I've been playing DnD 3.5/Pathfinder for nearly 15 years, both as a player and a DM, but I'm fine with first time players or pros.

As far as the adventure, I would like to run Ruins of Azlant, an excellent adventure path produced by Paizo. In it, your characters will be intrepid explorers, following along on a colonizing expedition to the last remaining islands of Azlant, where once there was a great civilization analogous to our world's Atlantis. Your characters are on the second colony ship heading to a new settlement, and are going to be forced to investigate the disappearance of the former colonists. In the process, they uncover a horrible plot that threatens the entire world of Golarion.

Ruins of Azlant map.PNG

For your characters, I would recommend taking a look at the player's guide, free on Paizo's website (Here). Your characters will be built at 2nd level, with a 25 point buy, 2 traits and standard races (Less than 20RP). All characters receive 500gp to start, and can purchase any equipment they can afford from any Paizo book. Rules can be found online at d20pfsrd (Here) I would like to see at least two paragraphs of back story for each character, showing why they chose to go on the expedition and what they've been doing before they hopped aboard the peregrine. Play will take place over Discord (QuodEst#8898), and we will be using zone based combat to make everyone's life easier. For the sake of ease of play, I'm not allowing grappling in the game (it brings any game grinding to a halt), so don't make your character built around that. A good mix of characters skilled in fighting, magic, and talking will be required to give any chance of success.

Originally, I had hoped for Saturday evening games, but I'm hearing most people have that slot already taken. I am available any time over the weekend, and after 6 most weekdays, so if you're interested, please post the times that you are available and we'll see what works for everyone. If everything goes well, I've got over a year's worth of campaign material ready, and I'm happy to homebrew after that, or start another campaign path.

Now here's the question...is there any interest here?

Last edited:
Wow, havent done rp like this in ages. Havent done this campaign, but very interested. Love me some pathfinder

Sounds great!

If you'd like to go ahead and make a character sheet you can shoot it over to me for approval. Once we get a few more players we can start getting ready for our first session.

I work Saturday nights but I love table top games. Just wanted to stop by and say good luck! I hope this goes well.

Well, keep an eye out. If everyone has problems on Saturday night I'm willing to discuss different times, that's just what is most convenient for me at this time.

If I didn't already have my Saturday slot filled by another homebrew using Pathfinder's 1E system, I'd be all over this. Wishing you luck and providing a further bump!

Well, there seems to be a consensus. If you're interested in playing please let me know what times work for you and we'll see if any match up for everyone.

Was thinking the same thing. Have a few PF concepts kicking around that might fit into this setting, but they are also slightly dependent on what the other characters are playing. Being that I can not go back to work until February at this point, I am pretty open scheduling wise.

Neas, at this point I'm planning on just a regular game. What hijinks your characters get up to are up to you.

Okay, I know that I like seeing what types of chars others are up to before finalizing mine, but I figured I could at least give a list of what I am considering and why. You'll notice some overlap. All have between 4 and 6 skill points per level.

Rogue: Eldritch Scoundrel: Gives up 4 skill points and most of the sneak attack damage in order to gain up to 6th level wizard spells. The trapfinding is useful on its own, but a good all-around support character, especially if the group is a bit weak on magic or skill points.

Ranger: Deep Diver: Loses tracking and wild empathy to become a better swimmer and able to function in/under water. It seems this campaign recommends that. Adds a capable fighter who isn't completely one-dimensional.

Ranger: Lantern Bearer: Similar to the last, only instead of aquatic bonuses, gains low-light vision and eventual darkvision. Adds a capable fighter who isn't completely one-dimensional.

Bard: Archaeologist: Worth noting that this one is recommended for the campaign. Gives up bardic music for individual buffs and rogue abilities (mainly trapfinding). Honestly, very similar to Eldritch Scoundrel.

Cleric: Cloistered Cleric: Only one domain and 1 less spell per day, and no heavy armor (which is probably a good thing due to the whole water aspect), but gains a lot of knowledge bonuses, which could come in handy investigating ruins.

Cleric: Cardinal: Lower base attack bonus, lighter armor, and one domain, but 6 skill points per level. Gives the group a proper caster and knowledge-seeker.

Investigator: Empiricist: This one probably has the least value in a fight, but is extremely reliable when attempting to figure things out, and can hand out potions! Also has trapfinding.

Fighter: Child of War: Basically a bloodrager with slightly less combat value and 2 extra skill points. Decent secondary fighter with a bit of utility.

Fighter: Lore Warden: Just a fighter with 2 more skill points, but no medium or heavy armor. Just a solid secondary fighter who can assist on knowledge rolls.

Fighter: Skirmisher: Sacrifices heavier armor and one fighter feat for acrobatics and a bit of mental defense. Another solid secondary fighter who can assist on knowledge rolls.

Most of these are designed to be characters who can be a secondary in multiple roles, and all seem compatible with the nature of the campaign. In the case of a smaller group, we have plenty of boxes checked, and in a larger group, unlikely to outshine anyone.

I love the idea of a Bard(Archaeologist) as at least one of our characters.

Indiana Jones.PNG

"It belongs in a museum in Absalom!"

Back
Top Bottom