Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Curse of Strahd on Discord

Azure-Yuki

Star
CurseofStrahd-artwork.jpg

Under raging storm clouds, the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich stands silhouetted against the ancient walls of Castle Ravenloft. Rumbling thunder pounds the castle spires. The wind’s howling increases as he turns his gaze down toward the village of Barovia.

Far below, yet not beyond his keen eyesight, a party of adventurers has just entered his domain. Strahd's face forms the barest hint of a smile as his dark plan unfolds. He knew they were coming, and he knows why they came - all according to his plan.

A lightning flash rips through the darkness, but Strahd is gone. Only the howling of the wind fills the midnight air. The master of Castle Ravenloft is having guests for dinner. And you are invited.

Hello everyone. I am looking for around four players for the Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition module, Curse of Strahd. The game would take place over Discord using voice chat, dndbeyond for character sheets, and a dice bot that is integrated with dndbeyond called Avrae. Sessions would be once a week on a set day/time for 3-4 hours depending on when the group wants to call it a day.

I am specifically looking for players who tend to have set schedules. I have found that trying to coordinate and schedule play sessions easily becomes a problem when the group members have different work schedules and timezones. Ideally I am looking for players who can be available either during weeknights between the hours of 6 to 10 PM cst or during the weekends. If you are someone who does not have a set work schedule or likewise cannot commit to a set day and time for game sessions then please do not reply to this thread. That said, sessions can be rescheduled for real world reasons (work, family, holidays, etc.) I just do not want to constantly have to figure out everybody's schedule and then only end up playing once every three to four weeks.

What is Curse of Strahd? It is one of D&D's oldest, most famous, and arguably one of the most popular modules. Originally published in 1983 under the name Ravenloft, the module has been rereleased with each new edition of D&D. Walking through the mists, the players leave the high fantasy setting and conventions which D&D is mostly known for, and instead find themselves squarely in the realm of gothic horror.

Are you looking for a game filled with macabre horror and atmosphere? Then Curse of Strahd may be for you. If you are interested, please reply with the days and times you would be available to play. Feel free to send me a private message with your discord information as well. Once the server is set up and the group is finalized, I will send out invites to the server.

So long as it is not Sunday, which I normally am almost never available, I have little issue with session based games. However I do not have a mic or webcam. Is that going to be a problem?

So long as it is not Sunday, which I normally am almost never available, I have little issue with session based games. However I do not have a mic or webcam. Is that going to be a problem?

I think it would be difficult to participate without a mic/headset.

What day of the week? I have a biweekly GM sessions on Sunday, Tuesdays, Thursdays, but would love to be a player for once.

What day of the week? I have a biweekly GM sessions on Sunday, Tuesdays, Thursdays, but would love to be a player for once.

No set day as of yet. I would try to figure out a day that would work for everyone's schedules.

Back
Top Bottom