Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Just asking for a friend

Fabulam-Admissarius

Forever Dust
What have your best roleplays come from. Reaching out to requests or making requests. I know its probably and even mix but if you had to nudge one way or the other what would you say?

It usually takes a few times. Also being open and honest about your likes and dislikes really helps.

For sure. Making friends and good communication (especially about likes/dislikes) make for the foundation of great roleplay but I was genuinely curious as to which way seemed to work out best for people.

Reaching out or making requests.

For me the quantity of very fun roleplay has come from reaching out but the quality of the very best RP leans in the "request made" direction. Maybe because they take longer to get going they are just that much sweeter.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way but I don't think the question makes a lot of sense. At least not if you're looking for statistics on what method generally works better.

In every RP, one person is always the initiator and the other receives the approach. Assuming the fascination with the RP wasn't one sided, this question would be redundant because the votes would even out, no?

I think its an odd mix for me. I've had people PM me about a plot in my RT and then I find out our writing styles don't mesh that well. I've had people ghost me after I do a plot out of their RT. Blue Moon is very mixed and you'll have to do dozens of RPs before you find the elite few partners that you enjoy collaborating with. I'll say that my general approach these days is to bump my RT and then carefully filter through what I receive to find something I like. Going through other people's RTs won't guarantee finding a plot I like but I still do it when I'm bored or when a title catches my interest.

If I had a Nickle for every time I asked a question that didn't make sense.... I would have a buck fifty easy. ;)

Its cool. I wasn't trying to gather advice or actionable data. I was just curious as to which approach had worked best for various people. And figured it would be a healthy mix of the two. ✌ :heart:

I think finding someone who matches your tastes works the best. I don't care how good a writer is if they're as enthusiastic about the role play as I am and are willing to say yes to anything :^D also, a friendly attitude, but I've found that some people just take awhile to warm up

It's a vibe when you mesh well with someone. Sometimes you don't really know until you trade a few story posts with them.

(Thought it was amusing that only one person actually answered the question that was asked and thought it'd be funny to also not answer that question. Sorry, bro)

As Forbidden Fruit said. It is very subjective and it depends on that person being at right time. Even out of Blue Moon. Now, I don't know how things were before and then again, that's subjective. Sometimes you might find a good partner in their own thread. Other times you will make a friend out of your own thread. It...is pretty much "luck based".

Make a friend and you'll always have the perfect to partner

Pretty true. Even if I didn't roleplay my cravings. I had my best roleplays out of the site with a couple friends. One from a forum a long while ago, and the other one was a friend from school. We roleplayed in person, talking the actions, voicing our characters. It was a really nice, fun, action filled roleplay. The story then had become a bit more chaotic but we were still having a good time roleplaying in person

Not at all even for me. The vast majority of my deep, 'long term' RPs were partners who contacted me. So much so, that I don't give us much credit when I contact someone who responds positively. I still do answer RTs when partners disappear into the night, but I hold out to be pleasantly surprised if we last two weeks.

I don't get a ton of responses to my RT because it's long and scary. However, the percentage of quality partners that come through contacting me first is worth keeping up my filtering system. It's the same with dating. If I contact someone, it's a shot in the dark. If they contact me, I've already cleared the first hurdle of them being interested in what I'm 'selling' and having enough nerve to msg me. It's a much better chance that they'll deliver instead of making plans that never happen.

It's a vibe when you mesh well with someone. Sometimes you don't really know until you trade a few story posts with them.

(Thought it was amusing that only one person actually answered the question that was asked and thought it'd be funny to also not answer that question. Sorry, bro)
Basically.

My best? Accident. And it's often happened with people I dropped from previously. One was a person I started a few things with, then didn't talk to again half a year, then started again with... and things are going splendidly. Another, out of a group roleplay where my first remembered DM with him was me telling him off. We've gone some 3 years now >.>

In each case though, there was chemistry and a lot of OOC. Not awkward 'hi, hello, oh hi' messages to try and strike up the convo, but just plain interest in stuff and sharing things that we see around, or shared interests in general.

Yeah, I kinda avoided the question too. In regards to ^? Completely irrelevant. I don't even remember for both examples.

I'm going to try a bump and dump on the men's request forum and see if that cleans it up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom