Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

You Give Love a Bad Name (Cyrano x MessedupRp)

"You only really do two days of your time anyhow, the first and the last." Someone had told Thalia Greene that a while ago and she was feeling the truth of it today. Everything seemed to be in slow motion from the moment she opened her eyes to look up at the bottom of her cell mate's bunk for the last time. Everything dragged, from count to breakfast to processing. Sure, along the way everyone was excited for her, but it didn't change how long it took to get her walking out of the gates. And of course along the way she needed to avoid all of the usual suspects who would cut a bitch just to watch her bleed or make he have to stay in the hospital for more than a few days instead of getting out when she wanted.

The skies were overcast and cloudy when she strode out of those prison doors. She rolled her shoulder, her right shoulder, and knew that there was some rain coming. A police officer's hollow-point had found her shoulder when she was running from a house that she and another girl had been planning on burgling. The Round had splintered on her shoulder-blade, left a round white scar the circumference of her thumb print. no more beach dates in cute bikinis for her. Plus it let her know whenever the weather was going to take a turn for the worse.

Stephanie Adrianopoulos was waiting in the jail parking lot with an honest-to-God minivan. Thalia and her mom had gotten used to being confused for sisters over the years, not that it didn't wear on their nerves. Stephanie had had Thalia at too young of an age, with a guy named Alexander Greene who went to the store one day and didn't come back. Stephanie ran a foster home, but she only had one biological daughter. A daughter who had just done two years time, after doing almost a whole other year in the hospital with a handcuff keeping her to the bed. To say she was leaping for joy looking at her daughter walking free was an understatement. She practically suffocated her daughter as she hugged her, kissing her cheeks and running her hands all over her.

"I like what you've done with your hair. It looks good short." Stephanie said, pushing her hair back behind her ears and looking up at her daughter. They had good genes in them, if you liked short girls who didn't seem to age past eighteen. A lot had changed about Thalia's appearance since she had been shot. Along with that scar on her shoulder, she had picked up another on her left cheek, going from just above her jaw to just under her eye. It was thin and straight, a girl had come at her with a razor blade and if Thalia had been any slower she would have lost her eye. She had also cut her hair early, on the outside she had worn her hair long, but long hair and pretty was a way to attract attention that she had done her best to avoid. The last change was hard to see in her prison clothes, but the girls she had run with had held the gym so she had been able to finally get the gains she had been saying she was going to for years before. Plus, now that she was a free woman she would be able to get a diet to match.

The two slid into the minivan, mom up front, Thalia changing in the back. Gone were the prison clothes and back to her old look. Biker jacket and boots, jeans, plain white t, sports bra and hot pants underneath. Add int he industrial in her left ear, helix in the right and double lobes on each and she was starting to feel like her old self again. Feel human.

The two made small talk for the ride from the jail to the nice-ish apartment for a South-side place, where Stephanie lived with four kids that were 'hers' and three or four more that were slipping through the system. As they slipped downt he street Stephanie put on one of those faces that moms do when they want to talk their daughters about not doing the same stupid thing that they themselves did back in the day.

"Baby, maybe you can just stick around here for a day or two, kick back, relax and have the young'uns bring you lemonade?" Stephanie said hopefully. She fixed Thalia with one of those smiles that said she was just trying to save her only blood daughter from heartbreak. Thalia returned her mother's smile with one of her own, filled witht he confidence of youth.

"I've gotta go see her mom, I'm twenty-two, going on twenty-three. She's got my stuff. Besides- she missed a few birthdays." There was hope in her smile, hope that she and Amy could talk, that she could apologize for what she ahd done, and that they could get back to where they were before everything that happened happened.

Not ten minutes after the minivan had pulled into the driveway she was speeding out of it on her bike with her helmet on and Bon Jovi blasting in her ears. It didn't take long for her to pull up on the garage Amy was working at. Place didn't look too busy as she barked her bike and left her helmet hanging from the handlebars. One of the perks of the short hair, no helmet head. Her boots clicked on the pavement as she stepped up towards the garage. Some bigger guy stepped up, wiping grease and oil off his hands. His eyes went up and down, thinking he had a chance.

"Soemthing I can help you with little lady?" He asked and Thalia had to resist the urge to roll her eyes. "Actually I'm looking for Amy. Is she around?" Thalia asked, trying to play the doe eyed innocent girl. Teh face scar kinda ruined that look for her now though. "Oh."The guy answered, in a way that made Thalia worry about how often girls showed up here looking for Amy. She ahd never even considered the idea that Amy might ahve really moved on from her.

Leila's looked like a relic from an age past. A block and mortar building with white paint stained gray and black by age. The windows of the garage door smeared with grime. On one side was a mural, a blonde pinup model sprawled across the hood of a black mustang. A black Boss 302, with red pinstripes down the hood. Though the mural also showed its age, the white letters seemed to be freshly painted. "Leila's Garage"

The building was quite sizable. An L-shaped structure with several bays. Two of the six were open, a car with the hood popped parked in one, and engine block being lowered by another mechanic. Above the main garage was a walkway, there was an office as well as a small apartment up there, a set of stairs running up a far side of the building.

There was a voice behind the man, a familiar, feminine voice. "No fucking way." He turned to look, revealing a notably smaller woman standing a few yards back. Amy was only about 5'6", and not near as broad as the man standing in front of her. Despite this, Amelia Munez had quite a presence about her. She was dressed in a navy blue jumpsuit, tied off around her waist, and a dirty white tank top. Her body was covered in thing later of sweat and oil, accentuating a slight, but fit body. Accustomed to work.

Despite the grime, there was a familiar beauty to Amy. Her big brown eyes fixed on Thalia. Her hands were pressed against her hips, a pine tree tattooed along her right forearm, if one looked closely enough, they might notice the cigar burns it was covering. Her hair was different too. No longer the curly shoulder length locks, but shaved up one side, cascading slightly down the other. A red bandana wrapped around her forehead kept it out of her face, and gave Amy the look of a new-age Rosie the Riveter.

She had always been here to read, but now she didn't seem to be hiding too much. Amy glanced at the man and jerked her head back to the garage, "Gas line's broken, we need it replaced. He gave a quick nod and walked off, seemingly very glad to get out from under Amy's acidic stare.

Her attention shifted back to Thalia. Amy made no move to close the distance, no greeting, she just quietly stared at Thalia. She could feel a blossom of nostalgia, days spent together years ago. It felt like a lifetime ago, and maybe it was. Things changed a lot in three years. Including the both of them.

For a split second, Amy caught sight of the canary yellow bike and her breath caught. She could remember riding that thing, her hands wrapped tight around Thalia's waist. Stephanie, nor any of the kids knew how to keep it clean or tuned up. Yet it looked brand new, and rode like not a single day had passed. God, why couldn't Amy just move on."

She tilted her head back and finally focused in on Thalia, "Three years... Three years... How many letters?" She paused, "What about a phone call." Amy laughed, it was completely devoid of humor, "Three years... And now you're back. Didn't even tell me... Why are you here, Thalia." Why did she have to come back. Why did she always have to come back. Right when Amy felt like she could move on, something seemed to bring Thalia back to her mind. Now here she was, a phantom made flesh, and Amy was so awash that she didn't know whether she wanted to smack Thalia, or kiss her..

Thalia's first thought upon seeing Amelia was I want to run my fingers through that hair , it wasn't that Thalia had a filth fetish or anything- but there was something about seeing Amelia at work that made her want to just forget everything that happened, grab her by the shirt and press her against the wall and make up for lost time. But as soon as she started talking Thalia felt like she was on the defensive again. Realizing just how bad this looked.

"It's a little hard to write a letter with your writing arm in a cast and high on percocets." Thalia said defiensivelyas she moved her right shoulder, feeling the bullet wound itch at the memory of the bullet and the hospital bed. Honestly the first few weeks in jail had been tough after being on those pain killers for so long. She took a breath then realizing that that was not the best tone to get anythign good fromt his encounter.

"I made parole. Didn't start any fights, didn't do any drugs. Didn't give anyone any shit. So they let me out early. I wanted to come here and apologize. I was a bitch, with everything that happened with Raquel and everything. And for not calling. I just, didn't think you wanted to hear from me since you didn't visit on any of the days. So I'm sorry. I was also hoping we could maybe talk about some stuff, like my stuff, and also I don't have a place to stay... and I hear that there's a new club on 13th Street that is pretty cool- and since I was inside for my twenty-first maybe you'd like to buy me a drink or something?" Her voice started out calm in this discussion, but the more she went on the more she ended up turning into word vomit as she worried about how this was all coming across.

The garage was so different thean the environments she was used to now after three years in prison. The smells and sights that she hadn't had for so long were almost overwhelming. She was lucky that she hadn't come down the other way and seen the giant painted pin-up. She might have lost it at the sight of good art after being stuck with almost no stimulation in so long.

Thalia's opening did not set the mood very well. Amy scoffed at it, "Right. Oh course, how could I forget. Thalia Greene is never at fault. It's all of us. We made you this way! The whole city's out to get you!" She was shouting, and a few other mechanics glanced up, but none stared. They all knew what Amy was like when she was angry. There were several notches in the walls made by airborn wrenches to prove that.

Amy shook her head as Thalia spoke. Her mind vacillating between anger, pity, and a near-overwhelming desire to hug Thalia. She was making an attempt, that much was true, but Amy couldn't help but still feel mad. After all that happened, the whole thing.

Once Thalia had finished, Amy was silent for a few painful long moments. "My dad died... About three years ago. Right before you got shot actually, it's fine though, he gave me this to remember him by." She held out her arm, the one with the tree tattoo. Several of the burns Thalia might recognize from when they were younger, but a few were relatively new. Probably the genesis for the tattoo in the first place.

"You wouldn't know that though. Would you... No, while we were all here, dealing with real fucking life, you were off playing outlaw with that whore! Then, after three years, you just show up here with some shitty apology?" As she went on, Amy grew louder and louder, until she was screaming at Thalia. She grew quiet again, and shook her head. Her voice became lower, it even quavered a bit, "You don't even know why I'm mad, do you..."

Amy shook her head again and turned around. She began walking back towards the garage, desperately fighting back tears. She'd wanted to say that for three years, but even then it wasn't all she wanted to say. Thalia being back, especially so suddenly, was making Amy recall feelings she thought she'd long since buried.

As she got close to the garage, Amy cast a glance back. She hesitated in her step and sighed, "Hey Tal!" Amy called to the other girl. "I'll bring your stuff to Steph's after I close up." She turned as if to go back into the garage, then stopped again and turned towards Thalia, "And one more thing... Make sure you grease the chain on that bike... It's been awhile since you rode it, you don't want to damage the gears."

For a split second after, as Amy watched Thalia, there broke through her hardened shell, a glimmer of caring for Thalia; for the girl she had been so close to. Sure, their first meeting has been very loud, but it could have been quiet, and cold, arguably worse.

As Thalia began to leave, she might hear from within the garage more shouting, "The fuck do I pay you all for? Get back to work!" There was a loud smashing noise, and the clatter of metal on the floor. Amy still seemed mad, but she needed to be mad before she'd be fully able to forgive.

Thalia didn't know how she had expected this meeting to go. She had imagined it a thousand times when she had been inside, how this was going to play out. She had imagined all the alternatives, how it could be loud, or soft, or cold, or hot. Hell, she had imagined Amy being so excited to see her that they had just ripped each others' clothes off. That one had just been another fantasy. But the rest of them, she had known what the possibilities were.

None of it made her prepared for the real thing. For the hurt that came with Amelia's words. Nothing hurt worse than watching her turn away, turn her back on Thalia. If there was one thing that could hurt Thalia more than anything it was the sight of someone turning their back on her. Just how she was built. Maybe it was cause of her dad, or maybe it was something else.

She took a breath, ready to respond to what Amelia was saying, but she knew that there was nothing to say. Nothing that wouldn't sound hollow and insincere. No matter how much she meant it. Meant it down in her bones even. So she just stood there, mouth slightly open, eyes watering up with tears. The tears wouldn't fall though. Three years she hadn't let herself cry, and they weren't going to come back just like that. they weren't just gonna have her bawling here in the middle of a garage out in the Hills.

the Hills were Oak Hills, a rough neighborhood, home to 13th Street and the 13th Street Regulators. Back in the day, when Thalia was still toddling around in diapers and when Amelia was in kindergarten the place was a war zone. All of the turfs of the various gangs in this city met up there and throughout the 90's and into the early 2000's those streets had run red with blood. Bullets had been flying and bodies had been dropping like nobody's business. Then it had just stopped one day, and Thalia had never learned why until much later.

That she would be briniging the stuff that she still had of Thalia's over to her mom's place was the nail in the coffin and one tear let fly. It slid out of her left eye and down the slight channel that a girl had carved into her pretty face. She felt the burn and the smell of salt, and her body started to shake slightly. First with anger, to match her own, then frustration and stress, and finally shame. She knew she had fuckedup here. She just didn't know how to make it right.

"Okay, I'll be staying there a couple days until I can get my feet under me. I guess, I'll be seeing you around Mel." Thalia said, barely whispering her pet name for the girl she claimed to love before turning back towards the bike, fighting every instinct she ahd to turn around and beg, honestly beg for her to take her back. But she didn't. She strode to her bike with purpose, slipped that helmet over her head and drove off.

She had places to be and people to see. It was her first day back in the world ater-al.

Amy didn't go anywhere near the front of the garage until the distinct sound of the bike had faded. She walked right up to the bay and leaned against the wall, looking out on the cement pad Thalia had just been on. Amy played out her own turn of events over and over. Some of the time, Amy wondered if she'd been too harsh; sometimes she wondered if she hadn't been harsh enough.

Thalia's sudden appearance hadn't given Amy much time to process the whole thing. She let her feelings out right there, and she expected it hurt Thalia. Amy sighed, and shook her head, behind her, a deep voice spoke up, "You know, that bike looks familiar."

Amy glanced back at the large mechanic from earlier. Matias siddled up behind her, wiping grease from his big hands. Amy turned to face him, "Yeah?" Her voice gave all the warning for him to proceed with caution.

Matias nodded his head, "Yeah. That's the one you bring in and tune up every few months."

Amy looked at him again, "Really..."

Matias, possibly seeing the writing on the wall, shrugged, "Maybe. I'm probably just imagining things." He turned and walked back into the garage, leaving Amy to sulk.

Sulk she did, leaning up against the wall for a little while more and considering her options. Eventually, Amy went back into the garage and back to work. The rest of the day passed quickly. Amy felt distracted through most of it, thinking about what had happened. As the day came to a close, Amy went to the second floor and into the little apartment. She undressed and took a quick shower, cleaning the filth of the day off of her body.

Once she'd dressed again, Amy made a quick trip back to her own apartment. She found the boxes of stuff easily, right in her closet where she'd last left them. She grimaced, then hoisted up the box and carried it down towards her car. Once she had the stuff, Amy climbed in and began the trip to Stephanie's. For once, she might actually welcome traffic. Any way to push off another strange meeting with Thalia. Amy couldn't get her out of her head. No matter what, she was thinking of her. Why did she have to come back. Just as Amy was beginning to get over her, she had to come back.

The weird thing about Oak Hills, is that it wasn't very hilly. A lot of construction had flattened out some areas, though the farther South-West you went the more hills you found. Slightly better houses too as you got closer to the complexes where the schools were. Education hadn't exactly been a priority for the mayor's office when Thalia was coming up, and Oak Hills high had catered to students from Oak Hills, Libertad and a few in Pinesend and Glenwood. Putting well over two thousand high school age kids, with various gang affiliations, into one place hadn't made the most welcoming environment for anyone to try and learn. Thalia noticed a few of the products of the city's school system working the corners along the way down the hill from the garage. Judging by the red white and blue they were showing, they were all locals with the Regulators.

A couple called out to her, asking if she wanted something else to ride or trying to sell her pills, cocaine or H. She didn't waste her time though, speeding through stop signs as often as she obeyed them. Her eyes still wouldn't let the tears fall, so she drove with blurry vision, not going anywhere in particular just winding through the hills. And the not hills. trying to burn off energy.

She wasn't sure what Amelia was talking about, the bike was handling fine. Maybe one of her foster siblings had been riding it and maintaining it while she was inside. She'd have to ask about it.

Finally she pulled up in front of a liquor store and stepped inside, Steph had given her a little cash in case she had ended up going out with Amelia and she put that to good use buying a bottle of Vodka. Not even the good stuff either, just something that would burn and get her drunk fast. There was a compartment under the passenger seat to store things in and she left the bottle in there until she was back at Steph's house. Then she took the bike and hid it back in the garage where it belonged and went out to the stoop. She didn't want to have to go inside and face her family at the moment, sitting down she kept the bottle in a brown paper bag and sat there on the steps drinking away.

It was far from the first time she had drank, even if Steph had never been as supportive of underage drinking as most parents in the area, but the burn still kept her on her ass, at a buck twenty at best it didn't take much for the fermented potato water she was drinking to put her on her ass and keep her there. And she could blame the tears rolling down her face as being from the strength of her drink that she was drinking hand over fist. She had a good third of the bottle down by the time she spotted Amelia's ride coming up.

By then she was drunk, with red eyes and that pathetic look on her face. She wasn't get into a fight drunk, or sob inelegantly drunk, or dance n a table drunk. She was text her ex drunk. No not Amelia, and certainly not Raquel, she was text Mike level drunk. Just wanting to feel something, even if it was followed by a huge sense of shame.

The weird thing about Oak Hills, is that it wasn't very hilly. A lot of construction had flattened out some areas, though the farther South-West you went the more hills you found. Slightly better houses too as you got closer to the complexes where the schools were. Education hadn't exactly been a priority for the mayor's office when Thalia was coming up, and Oak Hills high had catered to students from Oak Hills, Libertad and a few in Pinesend and Glenwood. Putting well over two thousand high school age kids, with various gang affiliations, into one place hadn't made the most welcoming environment for anyone to try and learn. Thalia noticed a few of the products of the city's school system working the corners along the way down the hill from the garage. Judging by the red white and blue they were showing, they were all locals with the Regulators.

A couple called out to her, asking if she wanted something else to ride or trying to sell her pills, cocaine or H. She didn't waste her time though, speeding through stop signs as often as she obeyed them. Her eyes still wouldn't let the tears fall, so she drove with blurry vision, not going anywhere in particular just winding through the hills. And the not hills. trying to burn off energy.

She wasn't sure what Amelia was talking about, the bike was handling fine. Maybe one of her foster siblings had been riding it and maintaining it while she was inside. She'd have to ask about it.

Finally she pulled up in front of a liquor store and stepped inside, Steph had given her a little cash in case she had ended up going out with Amelia and she put that to good use buying a bottle of Vodka. Not even the good stuff either, just something that would burn and get her drunk fast. There was a compartment under the passenger seat to store things in and she left the bottle in there until she was back at Steph's house. Then she took the bike and hid it back in the garage where it belonged and went out to the stoop. She didn't want to have to go inside and face her family at the moment, sitting down she kept the bottle in a brown paper bag and sat there on the steps drinking away.

It was far from the first time she had drank, even if Steph had never been as supportive of underage drinking as most parents in the area, but the burn still kept her on her ass, at a buck twenty at best it didn't take much for the fermented potato water she was drinking to put her on her ass and keep her there. And she could blame the tears rolling down her face as being from the strength of her drink that she was drinking hand over fist. She had a good third of the bottle down by the time she spotted Amelia's ride coming up.

By then she was drunk, with red eyes and that pathetic look on her face. She wasn't get into a fight drunk, or sob inelegantly drunk, or dance n a table drunk. She was text her ex drunk. No not Amelia, and certainly not Raquel, she was text Mike level drunk. Just wanting to feel something, even if it was followed by a huge sense of shame.

Driving always calmed Amy down. It required focus, and especially when she was younger, it took her mind off of things when she needed it, and more often than not, gave her a much-needed chance to relax. Today was the sort of day that she really needed to calm down. Watching the day each away from the driver's seat of her car was supposed to help, but this time it wasn't coming as easily.

The more Amy drove, the more she wanted to jump on the gas pedal and sail her car right off the road. At least then she wouldn't need to deal with all this. What bothered Amy more than anything was how sudden it all was. After three years without any contact, Thalia just showed up on her doorstep. Riding that damned bike up like it was nothing. Amy's fists clenched around the wheel. She could remember it all so clearly. Coming back around to Steph's house, the same response that Thalia wasn't home. Days or even weeks at a time where Thalia would disappear. Even when she came back she never stayed long, always going on to somewhere else.

Every so often Amy became aware of people staring whenever she made a stop. Most of them Regulator colors, either ogling the car, the driver, or maybe even both. They might feel a bit less enthused if they saw what Amy had taped up under the dash. An old habit from her father.

The very thought of him caused Amy to rub at her right arm. It had been years but it still felt like he was still there. Any time she saw those colors, even sitting in his old car, they all brought the past back, right in front of Amy's eyes.

As Amy pulled up to the curb outside of Steph's house, she was met with a miserable sight. Thalia looked like shit. Tears running down her face, her eyes red, she barely looked like she was able to hold onto the bottle in her hand. Seeing Thalia like this, all of Amy's anger and pain at her leaving seemed to melt away. At least temporarily. All she could see was the same girl who had left her behind years ago, and Amy felt a greater sense of pity than animosity.

She got out of the car and ran around to the curb. Amy dropped to her knees beside Thalia, moving to take the bottle from her. "Jesus Thal." Amy pulled the bottle from the other girl's hand. One quick sniff told her exactly what it was. It was familiar to her from days gone. "Alright. Come on, let's get you inside, okay? Are you able to stand?" She put one arm around Thalia's shoulders, draping one of Thalia's over her own. With an effort, she got the two of them to their feet, "Come on. Not far."

Thalia fought over the bottle for a moment not wanting to let it go. "Don't call me Thal, I'm not your Thal, you don't want me to be your Thal." She said ina child-like voice. Thal was Mel's pet namefor her. But she didn't want to have Thal anymore she had made that clear. But that's all that Thalia wanted right now, to be Thal again. For them to be together again. She was a lot stronger now that she had been working out for two years and so getting her to go anywhere was a difficult prospect.

"Yesh I can stand, don't wanna go inside though." Thalia said struggling slightly against the woman's hands. Thalia didn't have much strength left though having cried and drank most of it away in the short time since she had gotten back to the apartment. She enjoyed feeling Amy's body against her like she did when the mechanic threw her arms around her. Thalia leaned into it, but as they moved to get her up the steps and into the apartment her right foot came out and pressed against the corner of the bottom step pushing them back.

"No, not inside, I want to go home. I want to go home with you, Mel. One last time. Please."She started out defiant, almost whiny. She wanted to go to the place she had called home before going to prison, no matter how many times she skipped out on it dto do something stupid instead. Drinking, drugs, Raquel, crime, even a few guys as well. She identified as bi, but she hadn't romantically liked a guy since she met Amy. Just the sex. The stupid, stupid sex. She was feeling all the guilt for those things right then and she started crying more. Pressing her face against Amy's sleeve to try and stifle her tears.

"I just wanna sleep in your bed one more time. Please. I'm so sorry."Thalia said almost begging now. "I don't want my mom to see me like this."She added hoping that would convicne her to at least let her stay outside instead of going in and facing everybody in there.

Amy wasn't sure how to respond at all. The resistance she had anticipated, Thalia was always a stubborn bitch, even when they were kids. But Thalia was really sloppy, even for her standards. She'd never seen her like this, so sad and morose as she was.

Hearing her old pet name was a surreal experience for Amy, especially with Thalia the way she was. Nobody else called her Mel, it has always been for Thalia only. That made it special to her. Amy considered what Thalia asked of her and conceded with a sigh. "Alright. Alright, come on. Let's get you in the car." Amy went between calming Thalia and trying to get her into the car.

With a notable effort, Amy got Thalia into her backseat and belted her in. She went back to the driver's side and climbed in, starting the car and pulling away from the curb. Amy drove slowly, she didn't want to go too fast and risk Thalia vomiting in her backseat.

Amy didnt say anything for a little while, but she occasionally glanced back at the other girl through the rearview mirror. Finally, she broke the silence, "If you wanted to win me back, this is not the way to do it." She shook her head, "Drinking that shit. Just like my fucking dad..." Amy fell silent again, after a minute, she sighed, "Thalia..." She trailed off again. There was a lot Amy wanted to say, but she wasn't quite ready to say it yet. Instead, she just focused on the drive again. Moving through the streets slow enough to keep Thalia from growing motion sick.

Thalia had certainly been more fucked up in her life, whether on pills or drinking in general, but it had been a while since she had gotten inebriated or intoxicated. So she was alternating between laughing and crying as she got escorted to the backseat and buckled in. She didn't think she would get motion sick, or really sick in general, but it was a safe bet to take precautions. Better safe than sorry after all.

Her words cut straight to the bone. She knew how fucked up Amy's dad had been to her, knew about the cigarette burns and the drinking and all of that. But she ahd never thought thatshe had a problem like that. She hadn't been rtrying to win her back or anything with this. She had just wanted something to take the pain away, something to make her forget about the problem for the moment. And sure that wasn't healthy, but neither were any of the other options that had been available to her. She could have gone down to Moshe's gym and beat the shit out of a gym bag, but that would have probably ended up with her making some dumb decision about some guy that was there. Or go down to a club where she could score drugs or find other dumb things to do. Hell she could probably see if they'd take an amateur night at the Pit and smack someone around until she was too bloody to do anything but come back home and drop.

"I wasn't trying to win you back Mel. I'm sorry. I just wanted a drink. And you. That's all." As she talked she leaned over slightly and then she was on her side in the back seat resting her head on the seat. It was comfy, and the angle made the street lights look strange. like she had astigmatism or was going into light speed or something. It made her laugh despite the sadness she was feeling about everything. all she really wanted was one more night with her, one more night being loved by someone she loved. Then she could move on with her life and leave her alone, if that's what she wanted from her.

It was normal for Amy to be in this sort of situation. When they were younger she'd be the one that chose to limit herself. She'd seen plenty of what could happen if you didn't. Amy watched Thalia through the mirror as she lay down on the seat. The box full of Thalia's things was packed away in the trunk, and Thalia herself was sprawled out on the backseat.

Amy wanted really bad to be angry, to hold onto that feeling. It was all she had for three whole years, that festering anger at Thalia for what she had done. But looking at her now, Amy just couldn't bring herself to feel it. She just felt sadness, and the crushing sense of loneliness that had been hiding at the edges of her senses since Thalia had been to jail.

"Don't worry. We're almost there." She fought back her own urge to cry. Why couldn't Thalia have given some warning that she was coming back, given Amy time to prepare. Another quick glance into the back, and another sigh from Amy. "I tried to visit... When I heard you were shot. I went right over to see you. They said no guest visits. I think they thought I might try and get you out or something."

There was still so much that Amy wanted to say, but they had pulled up to her complex. Amy got out, then went around to help Thalia out of the car. She hoisted Thalia up and began walking with her, "Let's get you to bed. Come on, you know the way." Amy's roommate was out of town, which she was glad for. Having a drunk girl coming in to her apartment might not be the best look. Half-carrying Thalia made Amy come to face and uncomfortable truth. She hadn't gotten over Thalia either. Sure, she was angry and upset, but she still cared about her. She'd thought with Thalia in prison, it might make Amy get over her, but even that didn't seem to work. As she pushed open the door, Amy wondered if she might ever get over Thalia.

Thalia nodded her head, starting to feel a little thirsty as the alcohol moved through her system. Hopefully she would sweat most of it out, it would be so lame if she had to keep getting up and stumbling around to get to the bathroom. She just wanted to lay in bed with Amy and be held. Well that's not all she wanted, but she doubted that she could talk Amy into pity sex, or break up sex, or post-break up sex or whatever they were right now. So she'd settle for being held. But that didn't stop her from pressing herself again Amelia and letting her feel some of the improvements she had made to her body.

There was a movement going on to gentrify Oak Hills, with shadowy land developers and criminal organizations taking part in backstage dealing and occasionally open violence on the streets. These problems hadn't been on either of their minds when Thalia was sixteen and Amelia was eighteen and graduating high school and the younger girl had talked the older one into getting a place that Thal could run to when the loving and crowded surroundings of Steph's foster home got too much. They had just seen a new apartment with a reasonable rate drawing in good people from the community. Neither of them could know how quickly rent would rise in the three years since Thalia had effectively moved out and stopped contributing to the income.

"Still smells like you." Thalia said when she stepped into the right angle shaped main room of the apartment on the second floor. To the left was a kitchenette that Thalia had danced in her panties in, making pancakes on so many Saturday mornings, enjoying the youthful ability to never get a hangover. To the right was a little space for a kitchen table, and in front was a living room that had more furniture in it than Thalia remembered. She had her feet under her, at least a little better than on the street, and he hand ran through Amy's hair and down her back, nails playing with her skin slightly. Her booted feet followed the well remembered path down the hallway to the left, passed the bathroom, passed the spare bedroom and to her room. Their room.

"Home." Thalia said, taking in a deep breath and dropping her jacket off of her shoulders and then reaching down pulling off her white shirt and tossing it waway, leaving her in that sports bra that pressed up her b cup breasts. She didn't even think of taking off her boots and jeans as she walked to the bed and fell in it. " Lysander !" Thalia yelled grabbing the stuffed elephant and pulling him to her chest cuddling him and petting him like a dog. The turned herself slightly and looked at Amy. "Were you going to keep him?" She asked in playful way.

Amy had struggled with this apartment since it started going up in price. Once she'd gotten her garage it became a bit easier, but with only one person paying rent, it made life a bit difficult. She was quick to pick up a new roommate. It was surprisingly tricky to find someone willing to go in on it that either had no gang affiliation, or wasn't trying to slyly get into Amy's pants.

Walking back in with Thalia was strange. It had been three years or more since she'd done this, and the last time Amy had come through the door even thinking about Thalia, she'd gone right to bed and cried. Now, here she was, a ghost from her past drunkenly running her hand through Amy's hair. She shivered a bit, unconsciously. Amy briefly considered whether she shouldn't have just left Thalia with her mom, but thinking back on her one request, Amy figured this was probably the best thing for her.

She guided Thalia into the bedroom and almost immediately, Thalia pulled off her shirt and crawled into bed. A few years ago, Amy would have been going in right after her, but even if things were the same, Thalia was so far gone that Amy would never do it. She sat down on the edge of the bed and calmly unlaced Thalia's boots. She pulled one off when Thalia yelled. It caused Amy to jump a bit, exposing back in when she realized why.

Thalia's question made Amy avert her eyes, "I must've forgotten to put him in the box." Amy was not good at lying to Thalia, and that had not changed over the years. "Stay here. I'll get you some water." Amy took her few moments of reprieve to mentally chastise herself for not thinking of a better lie. She came back to the bedroom with a big reusable water bottle. A few ice cubes clinking around inside. "Here, drink some of that. It will make the morning easier. She sat down again and began untying Thalia's other boot. She wouldn't bother with the jeans. As long as Thalia could sleep, that was what mattered. Even now, Amy couldn't help but take care of her..

Thalia's buzzed mind made every physical sensation feel particularly poignant and sensual . She couldn't remember how many times that this same thing had happened, Thalia lying in the bed and Amy undressing her, but she had loved it every time. Even when there was nothing at all sexual about that way Amy was taking off her left boot, it still brought something out in Thalia, even when she was acting almost childlike cuddling the stuffed elephant that they had shared together since almost their first date. Thalia had anthropomorphized the elephant to an extent and had certainly grown attached. As Amy went up to get her water she snuggled against it and inhaled the natural smell that was Amy without any additives.

When Amy finally got Thalia's boot off her sock went with it and Thalia was laying there in bed, cuddling an elephant with one boot on, in her sports bra, with no sock on her other foot and wearing jeans.

When Amy came back with water Thalia gently set Lysander down and took the water and a nice long drink. The water was cold and almost burnt her lips and throat, but she drank heavily knowing that she would need it in the morning. And a little right now, she wasn't as sober as she wanted to be, but she had been too close to texting Mike for a booty call not to at least try to have sex with the one person she had actually wanted to spend the night with.

Once Thalia had finished drinking the water she set the bottle down on the nightstand, wht had once been her nightstand, and then turned to face Amy. She propped herself up slightly on her elbows and gave Amy the best f'fuck me' eyes that she could manage, which weren't quite bad considering. Then her hands slid down the curves of her body to the button of her jeans. "Aren't you forgetting something 'Melia?" She asked in the sultriest voice she could manage as she started to undo her jeans.

Amy might have seen this coming, at the very least Thalia was in a good enough condition to try, and that was comfort to Amy. Thalia wasn't that far gone at least. So there was some comfort. Though Amy did seriously consider it, she put her hand on Thalia's, stopping her as she went. "You're lucky you're drunk, or I might be angry."

She climbed out of the bed, and glanced back at Thalia. "I'm gonna get another pillow, and some more water. You, try and relax." She was gone for a few moments, then came back with another cup of water in one hand, and a pillow under her arm. "Alright. Are you feeling any better?" She tossed the pillow on the bed, then handed Thalia the water.

Before Thalia had a chance to proposition sex again, Amy held up her hand, "Sit tight for a minute, I'm going to get changed." She turned on her heel and quickly retreated to the bathroom. Though she closed the door, thr latch had never been very good, and left the door a bit ajar.

Through the crack in the door, Thalia might be able to see the lithe, fit body of Amy, dressed in a black bra and panties that Thalia might recognize taking off of her a few years ago. Amy's skin painted with a few tattoos that Thalia knew by heart. Amy's beautiful body was displayed for a few minutes, before she pulled a pair of shorts over her hips, and a crop top over her chest. She came out of the bathroom and glanced down at Thalia again, "Do you need anything else?" Even when she eas angry, she couldn't help but be a good hostess.

Back
Top Bottom