Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Making Request Threads Inactive

fakevacation

Hierophant
I was wondering if there was a way to make request threads inactive, instead of deleting it in case you might want to reuse it again in the future?

If you just leave it, and do not bump it for a minimum of a month, it is considered inactive by staff. If you don't want to wait the month, I would suggest toggling BB code, copying and pasting into another document like google docs. That will save any formatting on the thread. ^^

Deleting the bumps would not count as far as I know. We do not have a set rule for this, but I would just suggest to err on the side of caution by copy and pasting it into another doc. This way the info isn't lost and can easily be reposted later if needed.

Deleting the bumps would not count as far as I know. We do not have a set rule for this, but I would just suggest to err on the side of caution by copy and pasting it into another doc. This way the info isn't lost and can easily be reposted later if needed.
If they deleted the bumps back so that the last bump was a month ago it wouldn't count as an inactive thread?

If they deleted the bumps back so that the last bump was a month ago it wouldn't count as an inactive thread?

Lets say I have two active threads. One with a very specific plot, one with more general ideas. I bump my threads today, get an answer for the specific plot and then do what you're suggesting. That thread, just because it was moved back, doesn't make it inactive right away. This scenario is hypothetical mind you, but the thread would still seen as active and another thread would not be allowed until time has passed or the thread was deleted.

I do understand where you're coming from, but in that case, deleting and saving the thread is the best way to go as there is no hard and fast rule in place for such incidents. Likely it would be handled case by case. I personally am just a fan of erring on that side of caution.

I was answering specifically for the individual who asked the question. They only have one request thread and it has almost two full pages of just "bump" bumps.

I understand though as mods, you guys have to give generalized, "one size fits all" answers to these questions. There's a lot of factors to take into consideration.

I tell people to edit their RT title to -INACTIVE- or -NO LONGER LOOKING-, this way your thread is still there, but people know to skip the RT when looking for partners. They may still browse it and may still poke you to gauge your interest on a plot that they like, but the lack of activity and bumping usually keeps most seekers at bay.

Back
Top Bottom