Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion Option to exclude smilies?

PsionicCuttlefish

Supernova
Okay, so, this has actually been bothering me a little ever since the Big Software Upgrade from the old forum to XenForo software, but, where's the option to -not- include smilies in a post? There are times when I -don't- want automatic smiley insert on various messages. It's been a bit bothersome to me ever since the upgrade as I said, but recently it's become particularly irksome. I do like the smilies and I use them often, but there are just times when I -don't- want them.

Is there any way an option like that in post writing can be implemented? Or, barring that, can -all- smilies be edited to have some kind of :wordhere: alias that they only insert for (so you'd have to actually use the panel to directly insert whatever smilies you want, or just memorize their word aliases) and -not- auto-insert over manually typed-out smilies/punctuation combinations?

Well I can change the common emoticons and force them into something else. The question is how much of an uproar would there be removing previous smilies. >_> I'm guessing not much...

Ah yeah, that could be a possibility...

Well, I guess then the best thing to do would be to make the change but be prepared to revert it, and if there is a flood of people upset about it then it can be changed back? I know I'm just one guy, so if more people are upset about such a change than leaving things they way they are now, that would only be fair I guess, haha.

Back
Top Bottom