Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Midnight Aristocracy (DigitalSiren x Sevatar)

Bunny

ʜᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴍɪɴᴇ.. ʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴇsɴᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ ♥
Savannah's days had once been different, though it seemed like a lifetime ago. Days in the sun a nearly forgotten memory, but one she could remember faintly. Things went sort of funny when you died, as if when your heart ceased to beat, time stood still with it. Perhaps that was why vampires did not age, not that Savannah had been a vampire long enough to know. How long had she been a vampire? She... She didn't know. It was hard to even differentiate the nights from one another. In truth, the only thing Savannah knew was hunger; not that normal hunger, but a mind numbing need to feed. No matter how often blood passed through her lips, it was never enough. Like an addict, always needing that next fix, Savannah was always in need of more.

Pulling back, Savannah wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, smearing fresh blood across her cheek. The man she'd been fed from was dead.. They were all dead and for a short while her blood craze had faded. Along the bed were to females, one mostly naked, the other clothed and three men. She'd drunk them all dry; it was only after the sweet flutter of her pulses had faded that she felt sated. Victor had said she had the blood sickness. Laying back along the corpses, Savannah closed her eyes, curling between the bodies of a man and a woman. The sun would be up soon, and it's call drained her. Snuggling closer to the male Savannah closed her eyes.

----
Victor had been a vampire, pretending to be human, pretending to be a vampire. Classy, right? He'd been all the things one thought of when they thought vampire. Suave, charming... sexy. It was maybe why Savannah had let him buy her a drink. Mallory had begged her to come to this vampire bar, it would be fun! They could dress up and have a good time while talking to cheesy guys they had no intention of going home with. That was how she'd ended up in The Castle, a club that catered to vampires, shifters, witches and goths. It had been fun, knocking back shots of Stoli in little black skull shot glasses, dancing with Mallory. She'd learn later it was watching her dance that had made Victor want her.. He'd approached with a smile, oozing that charm. Here, he didn't need to hide, because vampires were not real. At least, that's what humans thought, right? Hiding in plain sight, fangs on display he'd revealed that girls came to him willingly. He'd feed and leave them alive normally. There had been something about her though that had drawn him in. They way her slender figure had moved in the throng of people.

She didn't remember how she'd ended up back at his place, she'd been gazing into his eyes while he'd whispered to her. There had been flashes of memories too fractured to put together. His mouth along her neck. Pain. Sluggishness and then darkness. Waking had not been any better. The taste of something metallic and then searing pain. Always pain with Victor. She'd come to know only that from the short time she'd stayed with him. He'd tell her later what he had done. How he had wanted her, so he'd taken her; made her his. Savanna had been with Victor perhaps a month when he'd abandoned her, unable to curb her blood lust, he'd left. Had he been more of a man, he might have ended her life. He was a coward though, much like he'd drugged her to change her. Nothing about him was honorable, but what did one expect of someone barely one hundred years old?

----

Savannah had been leaving a wake of bodies in her path, unable to stop herself when the craze took over. The sun had vanished beyond the horizon hours ago and the moon slowly made its way into the apex of the sky when she began to stir. Tonight would be no different than the night before, or the night before that. Savannah had no Sire. No one to reign her in, to tame her craze for blood. Victor had been too young to stop her, his blood not enough to soothe the hunger within.

It had been a week since Victor had left and Savannah had been trapped in a circle of pain, guilt and hunger. It would be the same when she woke her eyes. Guilt would set in as she took in the dead around her, the life drained from their once virile bodies. Guilt would only stop her for so long though. The hunger would rise, clawing at her insides until she gave in and then? Then she would hunt. The bodies around her had been druggies, but not all of her victims had been. There had been a party of friends for the first time in New York, found massacred in their hotel room. Their bodies torn into like a wild animal had gotten to them. Then there had been the college kids in the park.. Everywhere Savi went, she left bodies behind... Like breadcrumbs, the trail lead directly to her.

Her heart gave the first lethargic beat. Slowly her dark lashes opened, staring into the dark of the room, the honk of horns just outside. There was a moment, each time she woke where she didn't remember what she had done, but it never lasted. Her senses flickered and she sat up suddenly, eyes scanning the room. She wasn't alone. In the darkness, Savannah looked lovely, if you took out the face she was covered in blood. Her long golden locks curled around her shoulders charmingly, her eyes were a shocking cornflower blue that bordered on lilac. She was dressed for a party in her little dress, the top a shimmering red fabric that transitioned into black just below her breasts, falling to mid thigh. Shapely legs bare, smudged with blood much like her face was, her feet bare. "Who.. who is there?" Her voice was like smoke and honey, burning along the air as she searched, frightened for what had set her nerves on edge.

Accepting that the story of his beast was for another time, Savannah nodded. The smile that curled on his lips was echoed on her own. Stepping in closer to him and the offered towel she had shared the little she knew. It wasn't a lot and it seemed her lack of knowledge made him sad, though Savannah was learning that it never was directed at her. One held his ire. Victor. His fingers played through her hair as he offered her praise and for a second time her eyes misted with red at the kindness of his words. Her smile was happy even as a tear leaked from the prison of her lashes.

A hand rose to dash the ruby tear away before his towel brushed her face. The act of being dried was innocent, though very intimate. As his hands and the towel moved to her hair she purred happily at the attention as her golden locks were towel dried. Her hair waved and curled gently as he wicked the moisture from it. That purring didn't stop as he moved to her shoulders, her eyes on him, while his were focused on his task. He was silent as he thought of how to start and Savannah was in no rush, enjoying his hands as they and the towel brushed along her skin. It made her feel cherished, just how he hoped it would.

"Pre-vampire?" The question sounded surprised. her lips formed a small oh of surprise dried head to toe, the towel was discarded on the floor and she found herself pulled into his arms as he left her considering the whole, God, Devil bit being real. Shifting slightly she laid her head on his shoulder. The contact making her happy. Settled on his bed she nodded some. "I am curious, yes." Of course many questions had come from the little he had told her already, but she held them, for now. His hands slipped from her and she bit back a pout at the distance between them.

Watching him turn from her, his rich voice recounting the history. Catching the shirt she let it rest in her lap, watching him with curious eyes. "I have questions, but I think I can hold them for now." She smiled softly. She wanted to know how he knew this, how come so much of this was unknown. What did it mean about their souls? Some of the questions not even he might be able to answer. His shirt had been pulled on and when he turned to her, she still sat naked on his bed. His smile made her smile again and she lifted his shirt, pulling it on as well. It smelled like him and it made her want to purr all over.

The Soft silken fabric was a little large on her, but that was okay. It was a style after all. The first few buttons undone so the swells of her breasts could be seen and she tied the ends of the shirt together, making it not only fit better, but fit with the style. "I will need pants," She smiled softly and her eyes moved downwards. "I think you might need them too. But if you think we don't" Savannah teased him with an almost innocent look on her face.

Xarl was delighted to see that smile on her face, and it made his heart sing, seeing just how Savannah had changed from a scared fledgling to a confident young vampire in the span of a single night. "Well, you are always welcome to interrupt, Little Fledgling," He said. "I don't mind answering your questions." He fell quiet as he watched her start to pull his shirt on, his eyes staring at the way the soft silk hugged her body and the way she tied it off.

"... Yes" He murmured, a couple of seconds after her comments. "As much as I'd like to see you walk around in nothing but my shirt all day, we DO need to go out in public." He chuckled a little bit, before shaking his head. "And there's no way I'M going out in public without pants either, Missy" He teased her, before turning his attention back to his drawers, and after a few seconds, he found a pair of pants that just looked like they might fit Savannah, and so he'd fish out a belt as well, tossing the fabric and leather over to her. "I hope you know that as soon as we finish getting dressed, we're going shopping" He informed her.

"Now. Back to the history lesson." He remarked, going diving for his own pair of pants, and soon enough, he'd fish out a pair of black slacks for himself, with a belt and silken boxers, and he'd pause awkwardly, unsure of whether or not to give Savannah some of his undergarments, and he shrugged, finding another pair of the silken boxers and tossing them at her. "We left off on Lilith." He sighed.

"There's no good way for me to explain the creation of the first Vampire," Xarl admitted softly, donning his boxers and slacks, turning around to face Savannah as he slid the belt on. "Lilith wanted children but could have nothing like humanity. That was God's domain, after all" He grabbed two pairs of socks, tossing one over to the woman on the bed, before donning his own. "I don't know if it was her desire to bastardize something of God's, or just her want for children."

His mind wandered, and with a soft sigh, he made his way to the large window that looked out over the city, and he watched the rain come down with a pensive look on his face. "It was one of the few things I could never get a straight answer from her on." He admitted quietly, his hands locking behind his back as his thoughts ran wild. "But I digress." He turned to face her, leaning back against the glass.

"There were eight original vampires." Xarl watched Savannah, awaiting her reaction, unsure of just how outright he should be with His Fledgling. "Chosen by Lilith for one reason or another." He pursed his lips, trying to decide on the right phrasing. "It was something that God was aware of, and he was.. displeased" He couldn't help but chuckle at how he put that. "And, due to his displeasure, each of the original eight were... cursed." He sighed. "Seven of them each bore the weight of one of the sins, which is the reason our society split in the end. Each Vampire had their own sin and flocked to the one of the seven that shared that sin.

He paused, his gaze settling on Savannah. "And, the sin of each Vampire is reflected in their beast, as a general rule of thumb. Not all of them. But most of them." He crossed the room, finding himself a pair of dress shoes, which he slipped on. "You'll have to wear your old shoes. I'm afraid you'd just suffer with shoes of my size" He rolled his shoulders, before stretching a little. "But, back on topic" He made his way over and sat down on the bed next to her. "Does that all make sense? Any questions?"

He didn't make her nervous... It was quite a drastic change from the night before. Part of it was the shift in their relationship. Though, even had her beast not risen like a kitten in heat, she likely would have felt relaxed after being held as she slept. Savannah's fangs flashed in a shy smile and she nodded, when he said she could interrupt any time. "Okay, I will remember that." She was slipping his shirt on when she felt his eyes on her and looking up she caught what had captivated his attention. Blush rose in her cheeks, but Savannah found she didn't mind that he'd been distracted so. It was flattering and made another smile curl on her lips and her lashes lower. It was these small things, the willingness to answer questions, the distraction she could cause which built her confidence.

Chuckling, she decided to play with him, enjoying the idea. "Seem a bit distracted, is everything okay?" The innocence of her question was foiled by the giggle in her tone. An actual giggle slipped from her at his answer about the pants. She caught the pants he tossed at her and the belt with big, innocent eyes. "Yes, Sir." She would have donned the pants without underwear, but after a moment she found him tossing her a pair of silk boxers. Standing she slipped those on first, before pulling the pants on. They were big on her, but that was expected. She was much smaller than he was. The belt would help as would cuffing the pants. They were loose around her legs as well and she bent at the waist to cuff the pants. "Yes, we did," Savannah confirmed for him.

She had been righting herself when he tossed her socks. She smiled in thanks, sitting on his bed once more as she listened to him explain. Though he had offered to answer her questions, she held back. He'd known Lilith? Slipping the socks on, one by one Savannah paid less attention to the task at hand and more to Xarl as he looked out the window. He'd turned to face her and she rose, dressed his clothing, his scent and she crossed the distance between them.

Arms slipped around his waist and her head laid on his chest. She'd wanted to offer comfort, had wanted the touch. "So, my beast has lust?" The question was soft, it would explain it, perhaps... "Or gluttony?" It was perhaps noticeable which of the two she seemed to prefer. Lust was her favorite of the two... Though had her beast been lust and she fucked anyone she could, it might have been a different story. "You knew Lilith? Is she still alive?" Her face shifted as she nuzzled him, the action feline in nature. Her chin lifted and she rested it on his sternum looking up at him.

When he shifted, she let go of him, following him, like a little kitten. Savannah watched as he slipped his shoes on, having sat on the bed near him while he had donned them. When he sat beside her, Savannah rose, only to slip into his lap. "How did you know her?" it was bold to claim his lap, but... she had wanted to and Xarl didn't seem to find displeasure in her touching him. Her lips pressed to his cheek and she lifted one leg, showing off one socked foot. "I only have heels.. I don't think I need socks." Arms had slipped around his neck and she gently nosed behind his ear. "Sorry, I feel.. oddly snuggly. Tell me if it bothers you?" It was mostly likely her beast on some level, acting up in a way she couldn't resist.

Shifting in his lap she reached for one of the socks, then the other. "My shoes are in the other room," her words softly. She didn't want to move, but they needed to get her clothing. As much as she would have been more than happy to just wear his own clothing, his scent enveloping her.

Xarl couldn't help the smile that crossed his lips when Savannah commented about him being distracted, despite everything else that was going on in his head. "Oh, everything's perfectly fine Little Fledging" He murmured. "I'm just admiring the view" He fell quiet as Savannah approached him, and wrapped herself around him, the man at a loss for words at the moment as she laid her head against his chest, and he stared down at her, an unease feeling washing over him.

He knew perfectly well where that feeling came from. He had never been one for physical affection, and, even if that wasn't the case, he couldn't think of a time in the last thousand years where someone had genuinely wanted to touch him. And it was weird, having Savannah seem to want to be around him. And it was even stranger from him to almost.. crave that affection that she was offering.. Perhaps he had been lonelier than he had thought.

He'd glance up from where he was seated, brought back to reality by her questions, and he couldn't help the shrug that danced across his shoulders. "I'll be honest. I couldn't say what exactly your beast is. For a couple of reasons" He hummed. "I haven't had enough time around her" He admitted, and he paused, taking care to choose his next words carefully. "And due to the fact that my beast does.. peculiar things to other beasts" He couldn't help the chuckle, but the noise died in his throat at her next comment, a sigh leaving his lips.

Xarl wasn't sure how to answer her question, and he would stay quiet as she nuzzled up to him, climbing into his lap, a soft smile greeting his lips at her question about telling her if she was bothering him. "It's perfectly fine, Savannah" He reassured her, reaching up to run a hand through her soft locks, knowing full well that he had dodged her question... for now. Not that he didn't plan on answering her. "But that means we have to get up" He paused for a second, before smirking. "Or, that means, I have to" , He leaned down, planting a gentle kiss on her cheek as he scooped her up in his arms, carrying her into the other room where she had left her shoes.

Xarl reluctantly eased Savannah down, letting her bare feet grace the cold hardwood floor. "Don't think I haven't forgotten about your questions about Lilith" His voice was soft, and if Savannah wasn't one of the undead, she would have had a nigh impossible time hearing him. "However.." He sighed. "You must, under no circumstances, tell anyone else about this. It's something that perhaps.. fourteen beings in all of existence have ever known, and three of them have died. And two more are in the room with you" He chose his words carefully, his eyes drifting away from her and out to the city skylines.

"As I said earlier..." Xarl took a couple of steps away from her, stretching a little, and adjusting his shirt. He took a moment to consider his words. There was no easy, or simple way to say this.. rather important piece of Vampire history. "There were eight original vampires, seven of which were cursed to bear the weight of one of the seven sins that they carried the heaviest on their souls." He sighed. "Which brings us to the unpleasant subject of the eighth vampire, and Lilith" He fell quiet again. "And, well, I suppose you're wondering how this is relevant to your question about how I knew Lilith, and if she's still alive" He couldn't help the chuckle that escaped his lips.

"Well. God, in His all-mighty and all-knowing wisdom, decided to curse both the eighth vampire and Lilith." Xarl turned around, locking his gaze on Savannah. "The eighth vampire was supposed to be the.. first among equals. That was the term Lilith used at least. She chose him due to the fact that he would keep the rest of her children in check." He scoffed a little. "Which, was a hard thing to do back then, and has proven nigh impossible over the years. Especially considering what happened to Lilith" Xarl was certainly uncomfortable, but he had already started down this road, and there was no turning around now. "And, to answer that question, Lilith was cursed by God, as previously mentioned" He sighed. "Her punishment was... unique. She was reduced down to her more.. base instincts. Similar to what a normal vampire's beast is, only.. much, much more powerful."

"Now, one would ask what happened to her after this." Xarl paused again. It was so silly. He had faced down innumerable things over the years, and yet this simple history lesson made his non-existent heart race. "She was placed inside the eighth vampire as his beast. His burden" He turned away from Savannah at this point, and she could see his hands fidgeting behind his back. "His responsibility" Xarl sighed. "My, responsibility"

Xarl took a step away, towards the window, his eyes closed as he thought about everything he had said. "Does that answer your question, Savannah?" He asked in a small voice.

It was odd, that being a vampire made Savannah feel like she wouldn't be able to blush, but the comment from Xarl about simply admiring the view made her cheeks burn, her smile shy, happy. She'd walked to him and curled into him, arms around him. She felt his body stiffen slightly, but he didn't pull away. So she held him until he moved to sit, enjoying the comfort. It was noted though, and she'd ask him about it later. Savannah had always been snuggly, a cuddler at heart. She watched him sit and followed to sit beside him. He explained he wasn't sure what her beast was, his did something strange to other's beasts.

Savannah tilted her head to the side, looking up at him. The changes between them had been fluid, but it presented the smaller female with issues that she didn't know how to quite handle. She liked being close to him, but it was more than just a want. Almost a need... and the closer the better. So Savannah climbed into Xarl's lap, it was then she'd questioned if her being so close, so snuggly was okay and his hand had run through her hair and she smiled again. "Okay," her sweet voice answered him, but she'd question it again later. She knew she would. Shoes in another room, she'd told him about the dilemma she faced and his answering response made her giggle brightly, arms linking around his shoulders. Savannah laid her head to his shoulder and she gently rubbed her nose behind the crook of his ear as he carried her from his room to her own.

Settled on her feet, Savannah lingered near him a moment before moving to fetch her heels. Pausing she turned to look over her shoulder at him. Her face was solemn, "I wouldn't tell anyone, Xarl. The few others of our kind have not been kind to me. I wouldn't divulge the information freely anyway." She picked up her shoes and moved to her bed, still pristine. Sitting on it she began to slip her heels on. "But I will not tell anyone, I promise." A promise to Savannah as silly as it was, meant something to her. It was her word, the only currency left to her. Xarl spoke in a riddle and Savannah frowned but nodded as his eyes turned outwards. She quietly finished putting her shoes on while he told her of Lilith.

What he told her... it was a lot. Hell that alone was an understatement. It was like a dump truck of knowledge being thrown at her. Not so much a lot in amount, but the weight of the knowledge was immense. Savannah was also not blind, she could see how uneasy this made him to share with her. She didn't know quite what part of it was so sensitive. Slowly she worked through the information quietly. He was the first. He'd been charged with keeping his siblings in check. His mother? Maker? had been reduced and placed inside him, his own beast, burden. She rose, her heels fathering along the hardwood floor, letting him know as she drew near.

Arms slipped around him. "It does." Shifting, she slipped around him, standing before him. A hand rose and she touched his face. "Xarl?" She waited till his eyes met her own. "Thank you. I can tell it wasn't easy for you to tell me." Inhaling, a habit leftover from being alive. "I don't understand quite why it was so hard, but I can tell the story is personal." She rolled her eyes at her own words, "Well, duh, clearly." A smile tugged at the edges of her mouth and she shook her head some. "I know you didn't make me and you don't know me..." She bit her lower lip, searching his face. "But I will not tell anyone and it feels silly to offer the first of our kind to help.." Her cheeks heated and this was not that same sweet blush. It was embarrassed. "But... I want to help, if you will let me?"

The touch, this info... Savannah couldn't help but wonder how long he'd been alone.

Back
Top Bottom