Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Baldur's Gate 3 is in Early Access

Reception seems positive so far. Hopefully it'll do well enough when it releases that it might pave the way for WotC to license more D&D video games.

If my laptop would run this I would get it. I have to wait for it to come to console. :(

I quite enjoyed it when I played it for a bit. It's certainly far from perfect, but as someone above mentioned, this kind of co-op RPG is long-overdue imo. I'm definitely interested in doing a co-op campaign with a partner where we focus just as much on roleplaying our characters while we're playing as we do on playing the game. The setting is very fun and the visuals in the game, especially the characters, are really good. I'm certainly looking forward to the future of the game.

If only Pathfinder: Kingmaker had co-op. Baffles me why it doesn't!

I enjoy it, but damn is it hard.

Death awaits every corner. Again, Baldurs Gate I and II are basically easy mode compared to this. Though this is from the same group that made... Was it Divinity? I know they made some big, similar RPG; but I never played it. Not sure if it was Divinity or something else. (Feel free to correct me there, again the Studio that did BG III was pretty big with some other overhead RPG that name is failing me, less it was one of the Divinities.)

Only gripe again I have about it you can't level your character's stats or pick what you want, they are on auto level currently; which is dumb as I like to invest in other stat points for my build. (I mean, yea you can choose from new spells, but you can't choose proficiencies.)

I believe this is the group that made Divinity, but yes this game is a bit different than Baldur's Gate 1&2 but in a good way. I have played and beat Baldur's Gate 1&2 countless number of times, to the point I started doing those solo runs where you never take an NPC with you. Those Kensai/Mage runs, etc. This game though, while I've sunk a lot of time in it I've done solo but it just kind of feels empty? Perhaps because it feels a lot like D&D to me but I wish I had someone or some people to play with, as I feel like BG3 at the moment feels more like at the very least a co-op type game compared to a solo.

Back
Top Bottom