Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dancing Lights (Musashi x Jezebel)

SuperSaiyanMusashi

Super-Earth
An energetic blend of sounds filled the high-ceiling grand ballroom that celebratory night. Many attendees, spanning all walks of the citizenry, joyously conversed about the recently-won peace and safety for the kingdom. Talented musicians operated a variety of instruments to create a series of waltzes and foxtrots befitting the formal, elegant atmosphere, inviting the cacophony of dance steps that echoed to the music count. The people in attendance were the invited guests of King Stefan for a ball held in the honor of many heroes, and included warriors from within his great kingdom and allies from other worlds who, having seen Heartless invasions in other worlds, swore to remove them from all worlds.

Leon, now wearing the same formal uniform he generally wore to SeeD galas back in his training days, looked about the castle's prime function space. He still had a stoic look about him, but there was a kindness in his eyes, showing that beyond his stern sense of protective duty rested a man who once reluctantly reveled in soirees such as this one. He looked about the room and saw several of his comrades having the times of their lives, including Aerith, Sora, Kairi, Yuffie, Alice, Belle, Cid, Cloud, Tifa, Aladdin, Jasmine, and several more. His mind drifted to an event from his past he knew he would never forget, but that also carried a bittersweet mix of joy and sadness for what it reminded him of.

Aurora was finding difficulty getting involved in the revelry as she took a break from the parade of smiles and 'I'm sorry for your loss' that seemed to be the theme of her night. She had been without Philip longer than most could account for, but for the first time, people had a chance to tell her about their remorse. She just... Needed a break away from it. Going out on the balcony, she leaned forward against the banister. It was finally quiet... Peaceful among the stars.

Leon observed the merriment continue with a silent sigh. He thought, "Who could blame them; this sure beats everyone dying in a mess of monsters, blood, and fire." He was genuinely happy this world did not suffer the same fate his did, but something about the scene just hit close to home with him in complex emotional ways. He thought it best that he stay at the event as it was a very generous invitation from King Stefan and Queen Leah, but also assumed no one would be upset if he stepped outside briefly.

Walking past the hardwood dance floors and back onto the stone platforms of the castle's solid floor, Leon headed for the balcony overlooking the healthy tree-filled forests, which even at night looked vibrant as a small smattering of fireflies brought a little glow to them. As he exited the grand ballroom, he saw that he was not the only one taking a break from the festive party. Remembering her name from their meeting in the castle called 'Hollow Bastion' at the time, the tall warrior greeted, "Princess Aurora? May I ask how your night fares?"

Last edited:
She considered briefly if she should simply answer as a princess should. She knew expressing her own problems probably wasn't the best route, and honestly, she folding in a bit as she thought about it. "I'm fairing as well as everyone else, I'm certain, " She said simply, unsure what the best answer would have been outside of an outright lie. "And you?" She asked politely.

Leon breathed a slow silent sigh as he shared, "I..I'm relieved..it's just..well, being at a royal ball like this one, hearing this music..it was very generous of your parents the King and Queen and host this event..it's just..kind of a bittersweet experience after what I've been though." Feeling bold, and sensing that he may well be in the presence of another lovelorn heart, he offered, "It's a bit heavy, but care to hear my story?"

Back
Top Bottom