Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

GURPS 4e Campaign (New Player Friendly, Updated!)

Nyks

Depressive Streaker
Rewritten on 22nd of September, 2022.

Some info about what I'm looking for:

Looking for mostly 1 on 1 sessions. Open to forming up groups if people's interests and timelines line up.
Probably important to note that I have massive preference for Discord for this because I am most used to using Instant Messengers, and it is my most used platform for chatting. And if the rest of this might interest you, hit me up on it at any time at "Nyks#7092" if I happen to be difficult to reach on here, it will also be the easiest way to reach me.
I prefer to work on the spot, so I don't have any world prepared in advance, inspiration for that kind of world building can be hard to come by. It is a good thing though, since I am open to suggestions for the setting, and the character options you may have!
Since GURPS is a rather obscure system as I have come to know it, I am perfectly fine with newbies, in fact I have not had much "field experience" with the system, so it would be a learning experience for both parties involved in some regards!

A little about the system:
GURPS is a freeform system in a few regards. It uses a D6 dice only, so majority of rolls are rather simple. It has no levels, or experience. A character's value is determined by points spent towards attributes, skills and traits called Character Points.
Players are often rewarded with points at the end of the session, with a possible bonus for good roleplaying, or at times a penalty if they did not stick to the character's personality determined by traits too much. NPCs are created in similar fashion.
The system has plenty of rules, many of which are optional to make the game as simple or as complex as the players want it to be. It is suitable to all genres and has plenty of content to make use of. It is however important to note that the combat is quick and decisive, and can be pretty brutal in consequences depending on the setting.

A tad of personal preferences:
Kinks

My kink interests are pretty freeform, if there is something I don't like, I am fine with it anyway. Short list of preferences would be the most taboo kinks for their kinky factor, with the top kink being anal, no matter whatever gender is involved.
As far as genders go, there is no limitations on liked genders themselves. I do however have a preference for feminine appearances. So there will be a favoring treatment of femboys, dickgirls/shemales, females and herms/futas, in that order. Don't be afraid of approaching if you have a preference for playing with or against male characters despite that, just know that there may be more of aforementioned NPCs involved, and that I would enjoy them more.
Setting
Setting-wise it is not a preference per-se, but I find it easier to come up with things in fantasy settings, it is just the easiest trope to handle because of its popularity, still I am more than interested to explore the settings.
For gameplay purposes, the genres could be split up into multiple categories of what parts of the system may be used and what emphasis the character stats would have.

Quick example would be:
Medieval/Fantasy - Melee Weapons & Muscle-Powered Ranged Weapons (Bows, Crossbows, Slings, etc.), for Fantasy - Extensive Magic System & Alchemy, Exotic and Supernatural traits limited to Fantasy Races (exceptions can be made).
Emphasis on Strength for weapon damage. Reliance on good armor.
Steampunk, Victorian, Modern, Sci-fi - Introduction of Guns (Damage unrelated to the stats of the character, Guns becoming more useful and prominent the latter the age), variety of misc. technological tools from weapon attachments to phones and GPS navigators among other hi-tech tech tools appropriate for the setting.
Once available, possibility of adding Exotic traits via Cybernetics or Bio-engineering.
Emphasis on Dexterity for skillful handling of the guns. Reliance on avoiding damage, with armor being last resort.
Very high-tech settings loop-around and see melee weapons become relevant again.

It is also worth noting campaigns come in two types: realistic and cinematic.
Realistic is self explanatory, with lean on having realistic rules as would be appropriate for a campaign type. I.e. magic would be difficult to learn depending on how prominent it is in the setting, requiring understanding of fundamental spells before moving onto harder ones.
Cinematic on the other hand is anything outside the realm of realistic, and sometimes silly. I.e. Weapon Masters capable of using a large variety of weapons they've never used without training with a much lower penalty than others. Trained by Master trait that allows to use far-fetched Martial Arts techniques that are unrealistic. Magic being possible to learn by passing specific spell prerequisites. And things like having infinite ammo in a way, with the character always managing to scrounge up extra ammunition during a fight, and things like getting a defense bonus when fighting naked if your character has appealing appearance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nyks

Nyks

Depressive Streaker
bump
There's not as much interest in this as one might think. Could've been a bit more lenient with my requirements, buuuuuut no one would enjoy a game run by a disinterested GM. Disinterested GM is an awful GM.

OP
OP
Nyks

Nyks

Depressive Streaker
Still interested in GM'ing. Feel free to knock, more chances on reaching me via Discord because I spend far more time on there.

OP
OP
Nyks

Nyks

Depressive Streaker
Back after a long depression-fuelled hiatus! If I happen to have, most likely unintentionally, ignored anyone, I do ask for forgiveness and feel free to approach again if you feel like it!
Itching for a distraction, so chances are I'd be more inclined to do anything!

ChrisGabriel

Supernova
An old new people here. Or a new old people? Oh well. I usually play females but interested in playing futa (original meaning: cock, pussy, no obvious balls, more of a hermaphrodite)
Kind of know GURPS, but did not played that much to make it really count.

OP
OP
Nyks

Nyks

Depressive Streaker
An old new people here. Or a new old people? Oh well. I usually play females but interested in playing futa (original meaning: cock, pussy, no obvious balls, more of a hermaphrodite)
Kind of know GURPS, but did not played that much to make it really count.
My time is pretty open so far, so feel free to hit me up on Discord if you feel like discussing this in more of a detail.
Easier to keep eye on that for me than on stuff here.

Top Bottom