Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Tale of Two Families (A Realistic Crime Romance RP)

RustyShackle

Hey! Zuko Here
August 7, 1951
New York City, New York

Exactly six years ago, the world saw the end of the bloodiest conflict it had ever known. With the surrender of Germany in April, and the surrender of Japan in August, the Second World War had come to a close, and the countries of the world took in a breath of relief. The hope for peace was high, and millions went home to their families, restarting the American economy, and sending it into a golden age. Automobiles, televisions, radios, all things once only available to the rich were now commonplace. America was booming, and all was going well.

But all was not as it seemed. For just under the surface, tensions were rising. Racial tensions, the Red Scare, and the reign of Senator McCarthy ensured everyone lived in fear of what was beyond their gilded, idylic American lives. The world was on the brink of another World War, one so massive and so destructive it could mean the end of humanity itself.

And in the middle of all this, in the heart of American finance and culture, were two families. Two families who have been fighting for so long, they don't even remember why. On one side is the Muscano's. The feared and respected heads of New York's Italian mob. Led by Alphonso Muscano, the family proved themselves ruthless in their protection of the family. Hung on tradition, the family is on the cusp of change, with it's long time Don ready to pass the torch to his young son.

On the other side is...the Hughes'. The undisputed leaders of the Irish mob, they were once just a joke in New York. After Al Capone kicked the Irish out of Chicago in the Twenties, their power began to wane as the rest of the mob smelled blood in the water. This all changed with Sean Hughes. The man single handedly saved the entire Irish mob, and turned them from a bunch of drunks and ruffians into a genuine criminal enterprise. By the beginning of the 1940s, they had carved out their place in the Big Apple, and with his twin sons serving in the War, he had easy access to surplus weapons. Now, the Hughes' are at the apex of the black market weapon's trade. You want a weapon? Don't have a gun permit? Go to the Hughes', they'll hook you up. But this empire is under the threat of collapse. Just a few weeks ago, Sean Hughes died from a massive stroke. With no clear successor, many worry his children will be unable to fend off the Italian's.

Turns out that's no longer a problem. To the surprise of everyone, Alphonso Muscano's eldest son, and the eldest daughter of the late Sean Hughes revealed that they had secretly fallen in love, and planned to marry. It was a risky plan, but it worked. Both families, tied by blood, agreed to stop fighting, if reluctantly. Tomorrow, the two will be brought together in holy matrimony. No one quite knows what will happen. But everyone can see a war is coming. Some see a threat to the way of life they've known since the Old Country, others see opportunity. Others see a threat to the American way. War is coming, and no one can stop it.

Hello, Blue Moon! I'm very much a fan of the 1950s and the various mafias of the time (original, I know.) I was brainstorming some ideas near the beginning of the year, and came up with this idea: an Italian family and an Irish family, normally at war, are brought together by love. Think of it like Romeo and Juliet minus the suicide at the end. Honestly, I feel like this is way more interesting, because now these two families of hardened criminals who despise one another have to learn to deal with one another as in-laws. Anyways, rambling. I'll first go into the rules and expectations, then onto the roles I would like to be filled. Here we go!

(Also, there's something I'd like for you to include in your response to show that you've read all my rules.)

Rules and Expectations:
1. Be cool. Be respectful, don't start shit.

2. Try and be accurate to the time period. Some liberties can be taken, but only if it enhances the story. So no carrying about Uzis or AR-15s.

3. I don't really have a length requirement, same for quality, but no one liners period.

4. While this RP will deal with dark themes, certain things won't be permitted unless given permission. So you can't just murder another character without asking, and same for stuff like rape. This will be on the lighter side, however, and romance will be a heavy focus.

5. Post frequency just depends. I myself am currently starting college, so I might be able to squeeze out a post or two ina week, sometimes more, sometimes less. Just keep us informed!

6. LGBT characters are allowed! Just be aware of the time period and the...unfortunate opinions on the community at the time. Though I'll make it clear your comfort comes before accuracy. If homophobia makes you uncomfortable, I'll avoid it.

7. Smut is 100% allowed, though I will ask that is be taken to PMs, and for it to be a fade to black in the threads. Sex is a beautiful thing, but it won't be the focus of this RP.

8. To show you've read everything, tell me what your favorite color is!

Roles:
Muscanos:
Don (Age 55): Taken by @Rusty of Shackleford
Don's Wife (45-55): Open
The Eldest Son (26-27): @Soran_Jaymes
Second Child (24-25): Open

Third Child (21-23): Taken by @di moon
Underboss (Just under the Don in terms of power): Open
Capos: (Work for the underboss, and run crews that are responsible for the rackets): 0/3
Soldiers (Work for the capos): 0/5

Hughes:
Mother Hughes (50-55): Open

The Eldest Daughter (26-27): Taken by @LunarWolf

The Hughes Twins (24-25): 2/2 taken by @Rusty of Shackleford and @dicequeer

Third (technically fourth, but whatever) Child (21-23): Open

Fourth (Fifth, yeah, yeah,) Child (18-20): Taken by @MsBloom

That seems like everything! I'm really happy to be here, and excited to host this for you guys! Cya!​

Last edited:
It’s fine I didn’t know either hell I fell behind in my school work as well I’ll just the the group since I can’t say it won’t happen again

Di just bumping so she doesn't have to search so far down her content history to find stuff lol

I'm interested in this. Is there any role you need filled in particular or should I just pick whichever one I prefer?

I'm interested in this. Is there any role you need filled in particular or should I just pick whichever one I prefer?
The Front IC hasn't been updated yet, but you can choose from...

Capos: (Work for the underboss, and run crews that are responsible for the rackets): 0/3
Soldiers (Work for the capos): 0/5
Or any civilians. We have a detective, a regular civilian, and a priest. Can make another cop or an FBI agent or something else if yo uwant.

Back
Top Bottom