Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Issue Small issue with Responding

TransWitchEdana

Lunar Witch
This is a super small but kinda frustrating thing I've noticed in conversations when responding to a message.

This is going to be difficult to describe, so bear with me. I'm a new member, I dunno if it changes randomly when I hit full membership. When I backspace to edit a response to a Conversation, if I get to a space between words and hit backspace, the space gets eaten as well. I know it's not just lag because I've tried testing it a little bit and have been able to get it to happen consistently. It also seems to be happening when I'm making this thread as well. You can test it pretty easily by doing a double space and hitting backspace once as it'll eat both spaces. It happens with words as well.

The only reason this is really annoying is because when I'm typing, if I mess up and go back I have to remember to re-add the space otherwise my words all get squished together.

Anyway, I know it's a small thing, but I appreciate any time that the moderators/devs take to look at it. Thank you for your time and I appreciate everything you do!

Ah... yes, this hit me, yesterday. It was only on this forum, not even other Xenforo forums. No other websites or apps. I'm on Win10 on an HP. I was going through Windows Help forums and stuff. No combination of activating/deactivating my 'Ins' key affected any changes. It's like ctrl+0, so I find it unlikely I did that by accident to start the problem. Today, magically gone. I didn't mention it because I thought it was just be, but looks like TWE is having the same problem.

You can also try tapping your control keys, if possibly one of them got stuck.

You may have turned on overtype mode on your device. Every device is different, but pressing the "Insert" key is a pretty universal way to toggle this. If this doesn't work, looking up "overtype mode" + whatever device you're using on Google may help as well.

I..uh..don't have an "Insert" key on my Chromebook... <_<;;;;
The closest thing I have is hitting the search and period buttons together. Tried that and it turned insert on, not off. It's definitely off and it's causing the issue as far as I can see.

EDIT: Again, this is just when backspacing over a letter after a space or apparently a letter after a return as well I just found out. Not happening when I start typing in the middle of a word at all.

You can also try tapping your control keys, if possibly one of them got stuck.

Nope, none of the control keys are stuck... I tried tapping them a few times and nothing seems sticky or off. Issue still happening.

Doesn't happen at all on Discord or FB or anywhere else, just here.

Hrm. I'm on my chromebook now.

Does it still happen if you turn the visual editor off (hit the gear icon to the right)?

Random thought - is it converting your double spaces to a single character? If you press space twice, can you select the position between them?

Similar issue on my mobile device. Instead however anytime I press backspace or enter it backs me out of the entire chat box .
So I have to keep relocating my text cursor anytime I have a typo.. šŸ˜…

Mine is now doing the same thing. :/ If I go try to delete a typo it closes it. It is working on other sites.

Can confirm it happens to me on mobile in the chrome browser with both the samsung keyboard and Google keyboard. Started a few hours ago and only occurs on this site. Any code updates recently?

Gonna second this issue. Any time I do a line break or try to backspace when a line is not under my current word (connecting it to the autoxorrext function I think) it backs me out of the keyboard and chat box. I thought it might have something to do with the ip and down arrow at the bottom right hand part of the screen since that would overlap with that normally.

Making it a pain in the butt to post on my phone.

Back
Top Bottom