Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The best time to bump your thread.

Andy French

G-Spot who rocks the G-Spot
Banished
Discussion about when you believe the best time is to bump your RP request thread and why.

For me, I think early (8ish) in the morning might be the best, so that people who are browsing on their phones on their way to work, or checking their messages in the morning, see it and then can sort of casually look at it throughout the day.

I bump my thread at the start of or before my active time to try and catch partners with similar hobby schedules.

I think I get most responses after dinner time. I feel like there's an after work rush that pushes things down too quickly between 5:00PM-7:00PM EST, then things mellow around 8PM. That's my totally unscientific analysis!

I like around midnight GMT, it's generally in the sweet spot for when Americans and Canadians are getting home from work, having their tea and getting on, and I feel those are the most numerous. Playing the odds, really. I don't really care for similar schedules since I don't need them online to reply or vice-versa and I don't often take a roleplay where I will be replying back and forth quickly. So yeah, same as Shiver I think.

If you're unsure, why not duplicate your thread and bump one in the morning and one in the evening? Of course that means you only really have the one request thread out there, but you stay on the front page for longer, just be careful not to bump the wrong one.

I tend to bump my own threads around 7-8 pm CST. I feel like it gets a good number of views that way, but it's mostly a guessing game I think.

Last edited:
I usually do it in the morning for the same reason @Andy French mentioned. I think people wakes up, do their stuff, check their phone and you might get some replies later in the afternoon. At night is also a good option but since I don't want to wait until night the next day if it doesn't work

I like to bump my threads (mostly the request thread) when I see my roleplays going down—time to open the shop and welcome new partners.

Back
Top Bottom