Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question about body piercings

Demorica

Star
So, I have been wanting to get my ears pierced, as well as other ones on the face (I'm aware I can't during Covid, but I can wait).

My family (other than my husband and children) believe I am too old to get facial piercings, they are not professional, and that I shouldn't have more than just my lobes pierced. I'm almost 33, and a mom. Do you think I am too old, or that moms shouldn't get such piercings, or should I just go for it? (Of course I would go to a professional for them)

I imagine piercings as the same/similar to tattoos.

I don't think there's an age limit to getting yourself pierced and/or tattooed. Also, as far as I can tell, at least where I live, the stigma against them in professional settings isn't as big or significant.
People will always find reasons to deter you from doing the things you like, especially old-fashioned people.

I say, do what you want with yo' own damn body and rock it.

I think being a mom gives you the clout to do whatever the !@#$ you want.

I know moms with tats all over their body, punk rock piercings, and magenta hair.

Especially if your husband and kids don't have a problem with it. So immediate household strife isn't an issue.
As for the rest of the family, I say, when you go out to get these piercings, make a side trip to buy yourself a new pair of sunglasses so you can tell them to DEAL WITH IT.
Do they let your opinions have that much weight on minor lifestyle choices that will make you happy?

As for professional, I guess it depends on where you are working.

Thanks, I was thinking the same things, although I do want tattoos, but I have to wait to have the money for those. As for the piercings, I am hoping to get them after starting my new job, but I will need to see what the rules are about piercings and stuff too.

And I don't care what my family says, it just gets old being judge by them for my appearance (I like having purple hair). Thanks for the input. :heart:

Really depends on environment. In London I saw a good number of people with, say, colored hair. Uncommon in my country. So of course professionals have it harder in my country if they want it

I myself am not a fan of piercings or tattoos. However, to each their own. And no, there is no age limit once you are an adult. Age limit should only apply to minors.

If there are job restrictions, or the potential for your type of carreer to have restrictions, I recommend only getting tattoos where they can be covered if needed.

And, just my two cents, but whatever piercings you do choose to get, be aware that tongue piercings are distracting as all hell. The few people I know who have them also all say they regret getting it.

I am about the same age as you and I love my facial pierces, tattoos, and colorful hair. Do whatever you want, it is your body.

If you want to try something that isn't the standard ear piercing, try getting daiths. They are very cute and are not really deemed "unprofessional."

If you really want something on your face, try getting your septum pierced. Start with the circular barbell (not closure ring) so that way you may flip it up into your nostrils when you need to hide it. Once it heals, clicker jewelry is easy to change when you want to show off your piercing.

oh interesting topic!

I'm deeply pondering about getting pierced kinky (tongue, nipples, clit)

can someone tell me more about benefits and issues please ?

Back
Top Bottom