Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

On The Outside

Breezi

Purah Brainrot
It is the 20th century, a tumultuous time as any. War, violence, and prejudice, the greatest sins of humanity. They are still the greatest threat to humanity as it stands and it is our greatest threat as well. But I believe we can find a way to bring peace to the world. But first I must tell you the history of our order. One that has remained silent throughout the annals of time and all recorded knowledge. History is not set in stone. History is a living being, changing at the whims of those recording it. Regimes rise and fall, men and women live and die without even being recorded. Such is the fate of our kind. For centuries we have fought to protect humanity from threats that fall beyond the scope of mere mortals and often times we would be punished for it. Our kind has been called "Witches", "Heathens", "Corrupted". We have been hunted, forced to the furthest edges of society to the point that mankind believes we are mere legends. We are no mere legends. We are the Unknown, those that watch over the realm and wards against the forces of the Dragon. But we cannot do it alone, it is only through the cooperation of us and our human brethren that we will achieve this peace. That is why I have founded this university. The future begins now. Shape it into something better and bring forward an era of peace. That will be our story.- Benjamin Drake, August 29th, 1986

PRESENT DAY
UPSTATE NEW YORK

In the halls of the Drake University for the Unknown Sciences, there was a specific tension. The peace that they had yearned for had yet to come and more and more it seemed unlikely to pass. But Benjamin Drake was no quitter, he refused to give up on his goal of an alliance between the world of the occult and the mundane. One could say it only emboldened his efforts to improve the world each time. The fear of failure was not absent, not at all. The newest class of students would be arriving in only mere hours. And he had to be prepared for what would come next. The man was no longer the younger man he was in the '80s but an aging man in his 60's.

His study was well kept, each book kept exactly where it was meant to be. The oak desks and shelves that held them were finely dusted, not even a hint of dust would be allowed to exist there.
And there he was, sitting alone in his study. Drake had grown into an old man with long gray hair tied back, his bright blue eyes covered by shades. A scar ran down his face which although his face was a tad gaunt he was still able to bring out a friendly smile from time to time. Garbed in a maroon coat draped over his black undershirt that covered his rather frail build, he hardly looked like the dignified warlock he once was. Letting out a sigh, he hobbled his way to the window in his office. He merely stood there, being unable to take in the sights before him beyond passing moments of what could be. He saw the woods ablaze, covered in rubble, frozen, shattered, abandoned. All of this and more was visualized. And yet, even then nothing could stop the warm smile that grew on his face.

"Watching me again, Ms. Faye-Lauren?" His voice had the texture of a thousand rocks being ground up but still managed to sound friendly. "This might be the third time in as many days."

Out of the shadows rose a silhouette of a woman. Her voice implied that she was from the U.K. though her accent seemed a bit general or even a bit archaic as she spoke. "I only watch you because you are rather helpless in your current condition. Our enemies--"

"--Are of no concern right now. Today, we're welcoming the first class of outsiders in ten years."

"And what do you see in them?"

"A chance."

And starting then, that chance arrived as the students began to make their journey through the woods after being dropped out around 5 miles away from the camp...

Andras Taffryn ap Gwyn, or 'Andrew Gwynn ' as his new passport said, had not enjoyed the flight across the pond. He didn't fully understand why his father had chosen this path for him. Learning of the mundane ways of the mortal world was of little interest to Andras. That's what they had the old families that still honored them for. Like the one that got forged documents for him and arranged his travel. It seemed having entered the United States with some ink pressed onto a small book was an important thing, these days. Two days ago, he'd stepped out of a faerie hill in Wales and was met by an older man with a sturdy truck for off-roading and a selection of painfully boring clothes in his size. Andras hadn't spoken much to that man, or his family that night, nor to anyone in the metal chamber that rocketed through the air. It was all unnecessary as far as he was concerned. There were fewer hills in the New World, but they would have been faster and more familiar to use. A private driver met him at the airport after he fumbled through oppressive immigration procedures. Andras barely spoke to that driver as well. The driver informed him that the instructions he was given were to drop the boy at a distance from the school he'd be attending, and he'd have to go the rest of the way on his own.

A distance was right. Andras held his suitcase and took in the forest before him. This was, so far, the most familiar sight in days. He waited for a few minutes just to verify that no one was coming to collect him, then he strode confidently into the dark trees. Once out of sight from the road, the teen closed his eyes and exhaled deeply, calling silently to his magical steed. There was a soft keen of a sudden cold wind through the trees, and Andras felt a presence by his side. He opened his cold blue eyes as his horse-sized black stag snorted in greeting. Andras stroked the black fur of his mount's neck once, then deftly jumped and swung a leg over its back. It was a little awkward to carry a suitcase, but he situated it in front of himself, then urged the nightmare beast forward. It was rare to ride the stag during the day, but the woods were dark enough to not bother it. The pair rode forward, not sure exactly where to go, but the dark forest was a calming oasis in the cacophony of modern voices and machinery.

Eventually, the trees thinned then gave way to a clearing. The large old building was obviously his destination, so Andras brought his steed to a stop, then dismounted and dismissed it with a firm pat on the shoulder. Perhaps having a magical ride bound to his soul was cheating for whatever reason students were expected to make this leg of the journey on their own, but Andras couldn't be bothered to care. With his suitcase in hand, wearing dark jeans and a coal grey v-neck sweater, he walked confidently towards the front door of the Drake University for the Unknown Sciences.

Last edited:
Lilith Morgan was still in the shower when her partner Cleo informed her that she was going down to the refectory for some coffee and a snack. She had already had her breakfast from the bags of donated blood she kept in a fridge in their quarters.
"Alright Honey. I'll be down soon too. The students should start arriving through the woods soon anyway."
Lilith whistled to herself as she washed her body with a soft sponge and then washed her hair. She towelled off, blow dried her blonde hair and put on black jeans, a red blouse that she knew excited Cleo because it was the same colour as fresh arterial blood. on top of that she put on a multi-coloured knitted jacket with large knitted floral attachments to it and lastly she put a golden top hat on her head and locked the door to the quarters she shared with Cleo and went downstairs where Cleo had already finished one cup of coffee and was halfway through her second.
"Exciting isn't it, to see the school open again?"
Cleo simply nodded in response.

After a boring plane ride, the bothersome task of tracking down her luggage in the overcrowded airport, and the eternally slow security check, Luna had finally hailed a cab and was on her way to the schools drop off point. Her mother and father had wanted to travel with her, all the way to Drake Universities main doors, but the teen had protested. Luna didn’t want people seeing her family. If they know her roots, they would get a completely wrong impression of her and her abilities. With a mother and father as powerful as hers, Luna was sure to have amazing powers, right!

Wrong!!

So devastatingly wrong.

Her inherent magics played off each other in such a way, that chaos and devastation quit often occurred. No one here at Drake knew that though, well none but the teachers, and she didn’t expect them to run with rumours or gossip. The only other person Luna knew in the entire school was her friend Umbra, so it was like she was starting a whole new chapter in her life! One without as many embarrassing stories of her past screwups and mistakes.

He cabs driver stopped beside a large forest and looked around. “Are you sure this is the place you are looking for?” he asked with a tinge of worry in his voice. The older gentleman had a bit of a grandfatherly vibe going for him and his concern was genuine and heart-warming.

“Yes, Sir…this is the place. I’m being picked up here by a few friends so we can travel the rest of the way together.”

Luna exited the car along with the driver, “Would you like me to wait here with you for them to arrive?” he inquired while grabbing her duffle bag from the trunk.

“Oh no,” she lied, not wanting to worry him more than he already was. “They won’t be too long.” She paid the fair with her phone and excepted her bag from him. Once he got into his vehicle, she waved him off and waited until he was out of sight before turning to start the long trek through the woods.

“Good thing mom spelled my luggage for me, or I would be dead on my feet by the time I arrived,” Luna muttered to herself, tossing the strap over her shoulder and starting her new life’s journey.

She took her time, enjoying the weather and the scenery, the forest was beautiful. She was comfortable in her lowriding jeans and crop top. An open pink cardigan hanging from her shoulders. A purple tinted streak of hair slipped in front of her eyes, making her nervous emotions visible for all to see. Luckily, few knew what the coloured streaks in her hair really meant. They all suspected it was an enchanted hairstyle she had performed upon herself and she was good with them believing that.

Popping an ear bud in and starting her playlist she smiled, and half danced her way along the path. She was looking forward to seeing the University for the first time. As Meg Myers, Desire started to play, Luna sang along, unconcerned of the forest creatures that might be watching and listening.

Good old silence, a constant companion to a young man. Although right now, he was in his Bloodwolf form, a hulking beast of 10 foot tall, with sharp claws, teeth and a tail that looked strong enough to break limbs. His large bat like wings and shimmering eyes the only clue to his spilt heritage of a vampire and a werewolf.

Once he could see the school in sight, he landed and transformed back into his human form, about to walk right out before he stop realising he was naked. He chuckled to himself before finding a nearby tree, this forest was a familer hunting grounds to him but he never remembered a school being here. He draw a mark on the tree which flashed before a bag would drop from above with clean clothes and his gear for school.

He quickly dressed himself in a pair of blue jeans, with a white shirt and a leather jacket that went down to his waist, he wore black trainers as well. Once he was satisfied, he walked out his hiding place sorting out his hair as well.

Just as Luna was about to take another tired step around a bend on the pathway, she saw a bright flash of light ahead. Being as this was a school for Unknown Sciences…she knew it was probably a good idea not to surprize anyone.

That could be a little dangerous.

She slipped behind a tree and peeked around quietly spotting a figure up ahead, far enough away that she could only just make out his silhouette. When he bent down to go through whatever was on the forest floor, she realized he was naked!

Her hand slapped over her mouth to keep in the squeal wanting to escape, and she clamped down on her Trickster nature that seriously wanted to take as many pics of the young man as possible before he disappeared. That was NOT how she wanted to start the year, so she compromised with herself and settled in to watch the nice show, until he was fully dressed and exiting the treeline.

Smiling, Luna slowly advanced, whistling to herself. Suddenly not as tired as she was just 5 minutes ago.

For those, mostly Andras, that made it to the front door, they would be greeted by a smiling young woman, seemingly a student here with dark brown hair with a light bit of gray on the tips of her hair. Her smile was highlighted by her black lipstick and amber eyes, she was an odd one for sure but she seemed to be somewhat of a tour guide for the newer students. She was dressed casually, wearing a skirt and gray jacket combo. She looked a bit older than most of the new arrivals but not by much, looking towards Andras, she waved her hand and leaped up a little. She knew that he wasn't going to be the most energetic type just by looking at this stranger and she knew she wouldn't be someone he liked at all but much like anyone with a job that they are paid to do, she forced that smile.

"Hiya! Welcome to the Drake School of the Unknown Sciences, Mr....?" She waited only a moment for a response and when he didn't immediately respond she went onto her response. "Alrighty, I'm your guide, "your" here referring to the newcomers! My name is Francine, you can call me Frankie if you'd like but before we get ahead of ourselves we'll need to wait for the others!"

There certainly wasn't any fanfare, Andras thought as he walked to the front door. It was entirely possible that there was another old mansion in this forest that was the one he was supposed to have gone to. The wave of boisterousness that washed over him in the form of a brunette girl greeting him confirmed that he was at the right place. He actually looked a bit taken aback by the force of her cheerfulness, but recovered in time to answer her question.

"Gwynn. Andras," his mortal identification was close enough to his real name that he assumed anyone of moderate intelligence could figure it out, not knowing which one his father or whomever had worked out the details of this had used with the school. Frankie's method of speaking made him think of a court Fool. Andras looked over Frankie's shoulder, looking for activity behind her, then behind himself at the empty expanse between the house and the forest. "I'm the first? How many others?" he purposely tried to use the human manners he'd been briefed on, trying not to appear overly impatient. He set his suitcase down for the weight, though.

And making their way through the forest was yet another student that had found their way to Drake's. And yet, he didn't feel like it was anything special, ah yes another magic school to keep his untamed power in check. Yeah, mom and dad certainly tried that a lot. Didn't work out well for them. The last school ended up kicking him out for causing a fire, yet it wasn't his fault that the kid jumped out of the way of his fireball! That was bullshit. His long red hair was certainly obvious but what was most striking was his eyes, glowing and no pupils. A sign of his demonic heritage, alongside his pale skin and fiery locks paired with sharp teeth. There was certain dark humor to the fact that this boy, stomping through the woods was also covered in religious imagery, the boy had several crosses on him. This was Regis Longtree, or he'd rather be known by either Reggie or Red, either one much more in-line with his personality than any name like Regis.

And no one could miss the bright red hair that almost seemed to glow.

Mike was next to arrive, waving to Andras as he approached before bowing to Francine and immediately saying "And hello there Beautiful, a lovely beauty like yourself must be quite lovely to meet us here in these deep dark woods". He winked at her before he added "But I'm guessing your very different to what we can see on the surface, I look forward to getting to know you better as the year goes by". His tone quite flirty.

Pulling himself out of his current mission to sleep with this beautiful woman, he turned to face the young man who he had somewhat ignored before introducing himself to him. "Pleasure to meet ya, my name is Michael Fertar but everyone calls me Mike, may I ask your name my fellow student?" He asked him in a cheerful tone.

The next student to walk out of the woods was even more peculiar-looking than Andras. Whereas he'd gone out of his way to appear mundane, some sort of goth Euroepan look if anyone thought it was distinctive enough to name, but Reggie just screamed 'supernatural!'. Andras supposed it was safe enough in this place, but it was still unexpected for him to see a mortal be so obvious about their other-worldy nature. He waited for Frankie to introduce herself to the newcomer as she was the official greeter, then he offered his hand as well, "Andras," he said simply.

A second boy exited the woods and approached. Andras simply nodded back acknowledgement to the newcomer, letting Frankie also greet this one, first. A slim dark brow went up slightly, listening to the newcomer's manner of speech. The formality was interesting. "Tywysog Andras Taffryn ap Gwyn," he offered back his full name in his distinct accent, also. "Here, you may call me Andras," as he'd been told not to expect his titles to be used in the mortal realm. Though, he also offered his hand in greeting. Andras' grip was firm, but not competitively so.

Andras started to wonder if he was the only student who'd brought luggage.

Approaching the group of people that looked to be gathering in front of the school, Luna ignored the nervousness gathering in her stomach. The butterflies needed to take a chill pill, so that she could present a relaxed and calm exterior to these new people. First impressions and all that jazz.

She smiled and looked around, taking in the young group, one at a time. There was the guy she peeked at in the trees…she avoided looking at him for too long just in case she started to blush. Moving on, she saw two more guys, a redhead who looked a little scary with strange eyes that seemed to look directly into your soul, and a tall dark haired guy that was standing very dignified, with a straight back and an expressionless look on his face.

The only other girl standing in the group looked ridiculously cute and was smiling from ear to ear. Luna stopped with the others when she overheard them introducing themselves to each other.

She awkwardly dropped her duffle onto the ground and winced at the loud echoing crash from inside it’s magicked depths.

Smiling with a blush she cleared her throat and wiggled her fingers in a dorky hello. “Yeaaahhhh..um hiya everyone, sorry about that,” she fidgeted and for some unknown reason lifted one leg off the ground while she tried to appear more normal. “Um, I’m Luna!” she practically yelled, then covered her mouth with a hand as if to quiet the unusually loud statement. “That was a long hike wasn’t it?!” she left off, thinking to change the subject and get everyone thinking more about that then her weird behaviour.

"Oh, we've got a charmer, huh? Well you're gonna have to try harder than that to get to me." Frankie said, giving Mike a wink. Though then she turned to Andras, she hadn't known too much about what he was but hearing the full name together connected something. She wasn't quite sure about what he was but she knew it certainly wasn't human, same deal with that fiery redhead in front of her. That guy was certainly of demonic heritage, though of how recently she was unsure. Still, she raised an eyebrow at the boy as he introduced himself.

"Reggie. Reggie Longtree." He muttered.

And then there was Luna. Frankie gave a wave to her. "Hiya, name's Francine though all my friends call me Frankie!"

The last student to arrive at and emerge from the forest that night was also the most used to darkness. In her shadow form, she had slithered along the forest floor instead of tiring herself on a doable if admittedly long hike from the Uber she had ordered to take her to the edge of it.

And now she spoke from the shadow dimension as well, hoping to slightly unnerve anyone who wasn’t cool enough to stand up to her sense of humor.

“The name’s Angel...Death Angel. And I’ve been here since the beginning of time...watching all of you,” she pretended to cackle, since she hadn’t met most of them at Orientation.

“Nah, just kidding, I’m Kira Beck,” the lithe Japanese American smirked after letting the previous phrase land, before revealing her human form. “Pleasure to meet...most of you,” she then teased Mike, who she had connected with online and then in the bedroom.

Andras took Luna in after her jarring announcement of her presence. She just screamed awkward, but at least she'd brought luggage. Unusual luggage though it was. He was a bit irked, as he'd hadn't been allowed to bring magical daily items. Apparently that was his father's idea, and not a rule of the school. "Hello. Call me Andras," he answered stiffly, not commenting on the length of the hike.

The creeping inky shadow then got Andras' attention. That was more his realm of familiarity than bouncy mortal teens. Its declaration of timelessness seemed dubious.. but it was quickly revealed to be a joke. Her interest seemed to be focused on only one individual, so he didn't interject.

Luna was overjoyed to see Umbra’s arrival and giggled a little at the gorgeous girls’ antics. Firstly, because Umbra’s tricks and pranks always struck her funny bone, and secondly, it took attention away from her own awkward introduction. She smiled thankfully to Andras and returned his polite greeting and then wiggled her fingers in hello to her good friend, noticing the sly wink ahew sent the fellow Luna had seen in the woods. She gapped at Umbra and mouthed an astonished “Really!!! Already!!??” then hid her wide grin behind her hand, looking to make sure no one else had seen her.

Andras was standing tall and steady, the perfect picture of decorum. If anyone would have noticed her slip, he would be the one she placed her bet on. His handsome features and nonchalant stance made all the others in the group appear to be childish. Looking to be at attention and ready for anything, but at the same time he seemed truly kind, if different, and Luna looked forward to getting to know the man.

Everyone else had their attention on Umbra and Luna could comfortably glide back a little and enjoy watching everyone. It was always safer out of the spotlight, she wouldn’t conjure up some fire breathing serpent or turn everyone’s hair purple with a stray thought by staying safely in the background.

She bit her lip as she quickly peered at everyone to insure that the purple hair image hadn’t made itself a reality, and let out a sigh of relief when all was normal, or as normal as could be at a school such as this one.

"Challenge accepted" Mike thought to himself as Frankie told him, he would have to try harder but also winked at him which made him guess she wanted him to. He quickly made a few mental notes in his head that he would have to learn more about her.

Though his thoughts went elsewhere when he heard the familer sound of Kira voice. He chuckled and once she was fully formed gave his friend/Sex buddy a hug, Kira was one of the only girls Mike felt he had a proper connection with, and he did enjoy her company. "Well good to see you too Death Angel, I see your flair for the dramatic entrance is there" he said to her happily thought leaned in to whisper in her ear while in the hug. "Its good to see you again Kira"

"Well, now that this batch is in, we might as well get going," Frankie said, turning around, speaking over her shoulder as she started to make her way through the gates. She had a cheerful gait, not quite skipping or anything like that but there was a bounce to her step. Her pace found the right balance between being able to take in the sights and being brisk enough to not be an utter bore. The layout of the university was fairly standard, though it also partially looked like a village. Old, surrounded by trees and almost untouched by time until you looked closer and realized it was only a visual trick, everything being modern. Was it some sort of magic that made this place look old...or was it the magic that made it look modern? With the "town hall area" actually having a mansion in its place, presumably the home of Dr. Drake. "So, these are the residence halls, where you'll be spending the year and hopefully be studying. Most of them are co-ed, so there's a good chance all of you can end up in the same hall, though honestly, I find that unlikely."

Frankie had a sly smirk at all of them. "Don't worry you can invite people over, you just gotta sign them in with your RAs for those of you that might have...outside interests."

Reggie just rolled his eyes, the demon child had been to places like this before. "Don't worry about me, I'll be gone in a week...and good fuckin' riddance."

Andras watched the others with a clinical distance. His facial expression was inert, not overtly offering criticism or approval of any of the goings on around him. After Luna returned his greeting, he started to get the impression that the other arrivals knew at least one of the others before today. He'd been told not to assume every mortal knew any other mortal he'd heard of, as that was being a rude guest, but it looked like it was true.

There was an intense dissonance in Andras nature. While appearing barely over the cusp of mortal manhood, he'd lived many more years in the Otherworld. That time allowed him to refine himself in a number of ways, but for his long-lived people, he was still equivalent to the age of the other teens. Just a longer time being that age. Those around him were just strangers, with unfamiliar ways, and falling back on courtly decorum was Andras' default approach to making a good, or at least respectable impression. His keen icey blue eyes did notice something transpire between Luna and Umbra, but he did not guess its nature, so he didn't react. On the other side, the only other male was already fumbling at engaging in mating with their guide. Within minutes of arriving, Andras confirmed that he would feel as alien here as he assumed he would.

It was a relief when Frankie lead them away. Andras picked up his suitcase and followed briskly. He noted the use of illusory magic to give a ambiance of age, and gave mental credit to whoever thought in using in that way. He listened quietly as the resident halls were explained. It appeared like his comings and goings, or at least those of his guests were going to be monitored. Like children.

Luna groaned and swung her duffle back up and over her shoulder.

More walking…dang it, but Frankie made the tour genuinely interesting and she quickly forgot all about her aching feet. She was looking forward to seeing her new residence and starting classes. She tried to guess where she would end up, creating a whole little story in her head about how she would ace all her tests, have the best friends and attend every party! A few of the pictures included some not so g-rated images. “Well, you are supposed to test boundaries and try new things at university,” she thought to herself with a mischievous smile.

She heard the red heads muttered words and bit her tongue. The guy…what was his name again…oh ya, Regis, seemed to be a bit negative. Luna didn’t want to say anything to turn his negativity towards herself so she just pretended not to hear his pessimistic mumbles. But at the same time, she was thinking all this, her mind was also imagining him having a sneezing fit. Would little shots of fire escape his mouth along with a sneeze? Would his flamelike hair stand on end? Maybe he’s part dragon?!

Shaking her head, she shoved those crazy thoughts into a corner in the back of her mind and tried to pay attention to Frankie as she listed off the rules.

Back
Top Bottom