Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question How do I indent the first line of a paragraph in BB code?

NudieUnicorn

Super-Earth
I know this is a newbie question, but I just cannot figure out how to indent only the first line of a paragraph, to make an indented paragraph, rather than a block paragraph. I've read through the BB code page and experimented with every possible code combination I can think of, but it just won't work. I'm certain I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is.
To be clear, I want to be able to make my writing look like the selection on the right:
Block-Paragraphs-and-Indented-Paragraphs.jpg

There should actually be an option! I'm not on something I can take a screenshot of so I'll try explain as best as I can.

Along the top there should be a variety of different options, beside the three dots you should see two boxes, one contains lines and small bullet points, click on that, and a pull-down bar should appear from there you'll be able to see the indent option. I'm terrible at explaining things, so I hope this helped somewhat!

Edit; I reread and realized you're only looking for an option to indent the first line, normally for me I just have to backspace and that works. Though I'm not sure if it'll work for you. I apologize! I hope you find somebody who's able to help. <3

That indents the whole paragraph from my trials and errors.

Unfortunately, those do not work. The indent takes the ENTIRE paragraph and aligns it justified, just to the side. I just want the first line indented, and all subsequent lines not to be indented.

spaceThis is only a test
Remain calm and it will be over shortly.

Ok, looks like I've figured out a way. Standby for writeup.

test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test​
You see, the whole paragraph goes to the side. Also, if I just add five spaces at the beginning, those spaces disappear when the post or preview happens.

There is a code function to set the Opacity for words on screen. Setting it to 0 will make the words (and therefore the space they take up) invisible.

Code is as follows:
Note - all "(" will require "[" to complete the code​

(Opacity=0)space(/Opacity)sample text sample text sample text etc...

The word "space" will act as the invisible portion, or the Indent look we're going for. You can add any word or piece of text for the appropriate amount of space. May take some playing around with.

There is a code function to set the Opacity for words on screen. Setting it to 0 will make the words (and therefore the space they take up) invisible.

Code is as follows:
Note - all "(" will require "[" to complete the code​

(Opacity=0)space(/Opacity)sample text sample text sample text etc...

The word "space" will act as the invisible portion, or the Indent look we're going for. You can add any word or piece of text for the appropriate amount of space. May take some playing around with.
You are a luminous being of divine radiance! 🤩

Hope it works! And good luck!📣🎆

This is certainly something I can add a tag for if there is demand. : )

@Vekseid
Honestly, it's one of the niftier (and more obscure) things I've figured out about formatting here. It may be helpful to add someplace.

I know I went "wait, what!?" when I figured it out, lol.

Here is a helpful link that might contain some more helpful Codes. Not all of them are entirely practical, but a few certainly have their function ^.^

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom