Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

On The Outside: It's Like X-Men But Magic

Breezi

Purah Brainrot
So, hello there! This is for an RP idea involving basically fantasy/horror monster/odd/magic superheroes going to the school to learn how to use their powers. Think things like wolfmen, vampires, Frankenstein's monster jokes, though standard superpowered and magical folk are certainly allowed as long as they have a dark theme. Despite the darker theme, the tone of the roleplay would probably be variable.

Writing Style: Okay, so I like my players to at least be able to do a paragraph with good grammar. I will not fault you for making a mistake here or there but I'd like a decent baseline of quality here. Detail or at least creatively writing around your lack of detail is something I appreciate. I also enjoy people who can be creative and not afraid to throw a little joke in here and there. I write mainly in third-person, I don't hold it too hard but if you don't, I might get thrown off a slight bit.

Kinks: F-list - Warning

The Premise:
For centuries the supernatural has been in the shadows, only occasionally interfering with the normal world. But all throughout time, there were battles fought over our realm and the realm of beings beyond our power, rarely intersecting with our own world. That all changed when Professor Benjamin Drake organized a school for those in the supernatural arts, though hidden as a private college in order to not draw suspicion. He knew that the coming threat needed warriors in order to fight, magically, and genetically inclined in order to fight the rising threat. There was also the old persecutions with burnings cropping back up. Now, a new class of students is popping up.

Roles: There are students (college-aged), teachers, unaffiliated powered folks, and villains.

Rules: This should be obvious but respect the kinks of the other players. Don't be an asshole. Let it be known that I can reject your ideas or suggestions for whatever reason, though I will try to be reasonable. Let's all try to not overwhelm each other, we need to assemble some kind of plan in order to get rid of clutter.

This is my sort of thing. I don't have a character in mind, but I'd probably do some dark folklore type. I'm also MxM, so I'd hope there'd be some potential for that.

My concept so far is the son of the leader of the Wild Hunt. Really dark faerie. His powers would be illusions and soul-stealing. Also a spectral or flying mount of some sort, if that isn't too overpowered.

Well, it's all a general concept until we get going. The Wild Hunt takes souls (to hell, sometimes), even if you aren't dying and don't deserve it. But I don't see MC using that much (if at all), and I can drop it if it just doesn't fit with how the game works out. A mount would just be transportation, but something appropriate to a gang of faeries hunting mortals and sounds like howling wind as they run. He wouldn't need to bring it to school, if it's problematic. I have no rigid expectations, and I can work around any restrictions you want. Like if you didn't want the soul-stealing thing, maybe only the assembled Hunt can do it after they chase someone, or 'The Rules' restrict him from doing it without 'permission' or whatever.

His core power would be illusions/glamour, but the folklore he's from is really dark which is the goal.

Cool. I don't want to be cliche with a basic “goth fairy” bitch. Going for a specific thing with a specific motif and function.

Are you ok with photo faceclaims?

Would love to join in on this...maybe as the daughter of a powerful witch and a famous trickster. Should make for some fun situations.

Just a check if anymore are interested
We might get some more interested if we get everything rolling. After we get our characters hashed out, we could always start with registration day. That would make it easy to integrate new people into the rp? Just a suggestion of course.

Or at least post our characters. It might be intimidating for someone ask to join after we start actually RPing. But I'm with it either way.

Just as a teaser, if it inspires anyone:

Name: Andras Taffryn ap Gwyn
Race: Aos Sí (noble fair folk that elves are loosely based on)
Affiliation: The Wild Hunt
Relations: Gwyn ap Nudd - father, king of the Otherworld

andrasrough.jpg

Andras is a tall, striking young man with handsome angular features that range dangerously close to 'pretty'. Though, there's nothing weak about his noble bearing and proud posture. He skin is pale and smooth, his eyes are a cold blue, and his hair is jett black with floppy bangs. Andras' build is on the slim side, but lithely muscled like a swimmer, and there's a dignity and deliberateness about his movements. The first year university student speaks with some sort of UK accent, Welsh if it's familiar.

Back
Top Bottom