Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Role-playing with dyslexia

Kiden

Moon
I am truly just want to know if their are many of us out there and how you all deal with it.

I don't have it but I do write with those that do. Really I think it comes to just having an understanding partner that you are up front with from the start.

I don't have it but I do write with those that do. Really I think it comes to just having an understanding partner that you are up front with from the start.
With people I was up front with, they where more understanding. But there was those ones I didn't have time to explain and before I knew it I was belittled and called stupid before they just left.

If this happens on site please feel free to approach staff or report the messages; we don’t tolerate people being rude and insulting others over silly things like differences in writing styles. I’m sorry this happened to you. :/
Oh everyone here that I have made contact with has been really nice. But thank you for looking out.

I am truly just want to know if their are many of us out there and how you all deal with it.
I've never dealt with it nor ever seen one? Forgive if this offended those.

Personally, I don't care. As long as you're having fun, we're good.

I'm dyslexic. Roleplaying helps me manage it. Kinda like how my sister has Cystic Fibrosis and she runs track and field to keep her lungs healthy.
That's how I try to improve my writing too; just keep roleplaying.

I RPed with someone several years ago with Dyslexia, and he was one of my favorite people to write with. He was up front about it, and I really never noticed anything coming up with any of his writing either. I know for him, it just made him work harder and pay attention when he was writing he would look things over again to make sure everything was correct. He was an amazing writer, and I think having the Dyslexia only helped him to be like that. I don't know if I have written with anyone else with Dyslexia, if I have they never told me. But I have no problem writing with anyone who has it, and I prefer you be up front about it. But it really isn't necessary for you to be either.

I have a very mild form of it; typing is much easier for me, so roleplaying usually isn't a problem! I just pay extra attention to my spell check, and on days I'm feeling frazzled/am worried that I've messed up, I read what I've written out loud before I hit send. This helps me catch mistakes, usually. But this is also why I'm not too hard on partners if they have mistakes in grammar or spelling, it happens! and we're all just here to have fun at the end of the day.

my problem is more of posting the first thing that comes to mind and not proof reading it I would suggest text to speech or Grammarly

I'm late to the party but hi! yes I roleplay with dyslexia haha. I am usually pretty upfront about it and the people I've been writing with long term we use google docs because they check for things like phrasing too which I struggle with. Most of the time I can catch most "errors" on my third read through.

I don't have dyslexia but I do have aspergers syndrome and vision issues. i think the only time it's ever come up was that someone was using a weird font and I had to ask them to not do that. And my autism has made me misunderstand a few key scenes, but I intentionally play characters that aren't very smart so stuff can and will go over their head.

Back
Top Bottom