Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

DSTF - Dimensional Stability Task Force [OoC]

MyttyDW

Awoo?
In the not-too-far future of Earth, dimensional rifts began to tear open on the planet. Monsters poured out of some, while friendly beings came in from the others. After a few years, Humans and Otherbeings (Those who came from or are descended from beings from another world) had radically reformed Earth, propelling technology, the environment, and living conditions forward twofold.

However, all was not well - rifts still opened, and monsters spilled out of the majority of them by this time. A way to destabilize rifts was developed - though it needed to be administered in the other world. As such, the DSTF was formed - the Dimensional Stability Task Force. In addition to travelling through rifts and shutting the by destabilizing the core, they also combat monsters that spill over. Their final task is to investigate and combat dimensional terrorism, as there are groups that utilize the weak dimension barrier for their own ends.

Player characters would be agents of the DSTF (ranging from rookie to veteran) and would utilize advanced technology (which may or may not seem advanced) as well as special abilities (like natural magic, or biokinetic implants) to keep the peace on both Earth, and in the other dimension.

OoC Rules
Follow BMR rules
Be respectful to one another
Keep IRL Politics and other hot-topics out of here
Have fun!
-----------------------------
Character Tracker

Last edited:
@Karasuhime @Inkybus @ovalteenies @Fandomizer

So I wanted to get us started with making a team! Currently I was thinking of being a rookie mechanic/skirmisher with a hoverboard. What are you all thinking?
s

I was counting on making a young woman who was also a tinkerer but her specialization was not on mobility, rather on the vast use of explosives of all sorts.
EayezrPXYAEZhyn.jpg

Last edited:
Just holding off on a character until a proper sheet is out. But as a general role for the team, I wanna make a genetically enhanced human and he would be a recon guy.

So we have...

Techy-mechanic skirmisher/hacker
Tinkerer-demolitionist
Recon-scout

The Character Thread is up!

I’m leaning on playing a non-binary, biologically enhanced, frontline fighter with a gunblade. Pronouns they/their.

Attachments

• CC1D84C9-F98D-4845-B8BC-2892B47B43C6.jpeg
    CC1D84C9-F98D-4845-B8BC-2892B47B43C6.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 0
Thanks! Don’t worry if you forget a few times. Tbh, this is my first non-binary character, and I’m trying to see if I feel comfortable with these pronouns. It’s going to be a bit of a learning experience.

I think she is cute. As to what Sam thinks... I'm unsure. I don't know if they have backstory and all that, how their relationship is, if they have one in the first place and all that.

Yeah, I would like for all the player characters to have a positive bond between one another. So if you want we can come up with some way our characters know each other and stuff.

@Inkybus Since you mentioned a positive bond for our characters, I had an idea for our Characters if you are interested? My character is going to be former military as well, and they got injured in combat. If you want, our characters could have been in the same Company, and our characters could have saved each other’s lives. Maybe MC pushed yours out of harms way, and that’s how MC got injured, but YC fought off the enemy and brought MC back to base. Both would feel like they owe the other a debt.

What do you think? If you don’t like it, I can keep my backstory and just have it been a nameless NPC that it happened with.

@Motoharu Yes, we can do that: we can say that when a marksman was about to take Fuse's head off with a headshot, YC managed to push her away before the trigger was pulled, but as a result the shot went into their arm. Giving that YC would be in too much danger after such an injury, Fuse wisely decided to tactically withdraw and popped a few smokes, before she shed a third of her proximity mines to cover their retreat to a more defensible position until the worst was over and they could get an evac.

Albeit, given Fuse's personality, she'd be like "I owe you one, you owe me one: let's call it even", before properly introducing herself again and inviting YC to hang out and play some cards, dice or some game that doesn't require too much physical strain and doesn't hinder YC's healing.

I like how YC would handle the relationship, that works great! I’ll need to change where MC was shot though; I want MC to have been shot in the spine, causing them to be paraplegic. That will give the justification for MC to go through an experiment that heals them and makes them stronger. MC would take the view that Fate led them to be injured, since if they were not injured, they never would have joined the DSTF. I’ll finish my write up tomorrow, and send it to Mythy

Then, we could also say that Fuse got shot in the arm during the last part of the retreat by a ricochet and had to keep YC company. Like, bunkmates or something similar. We can also say that Fuse got discharged before YC even heard of the experimental treatment and, after a mission, went to introduce them to Agate, who had been on a mission with Fuse- the first connection to the DSTF, like.

I was thinking 10 or so years since the rifts started to open. Does that seem to work?

10 years sounds good! I needed at least 5 years for my character concept to make sense

Back
Top Bottom