Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Request Thread Bumping Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinn

Meteorite
Hello! I had a quick question regarding the bumping policy on here for request threads: I know you cannot bump a request thread more than once every 24 hours, but I also saw a rule in the site rules about not "necro[ing]" old threads that are older than a month. However, it seems many request threads have months between their bumps... I'm the type to get really into a few RPs and not search for new RPs for months and months at a time, so I would not really want to bump my thread (once I make one) during this time. So, is it acceptable to wait months between bumping a request thread or not?

Tl;dr can you bump request threads after months of inactivity in the thread?

Thank you! :]

I think you can bump your own request thread with no limit as to how long it's been inactive, only the once in 24 hour rule applies. The necro rule is more for very old introductions and general threads from my understanding, though I'm sure a moderator or officer will be along to confirm it for you soon!

Request threads are immune to the necro rule because they can never be 'dead'. They are purely meant as an advertisement for yourself and are not a place for discussion, so you cannot bump one up once all discussion has finished on the topic, since there is never meant to be discussion on them anyways. You don't need to worry, you can bump a thread as old as you like in the RT sections as long as you only have two unlocked threads in each given section (Male, Female and Non-Binary)

It might be worth adding that bit of detail to the necro rule, the wording could perhaps be confusing, since it says all sections other than forum games are subject to the rule. Just for clarity sake. ^-^

Thank you everyone for the answers! I imagined this was the case but figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom