Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Possible Dumb Question?

Steve Harrison

A Guy from Oakwood
A question about the 1x1 RP forums. This is probably a rookie dumb question, but what exactly makes an RP 'non taboo' and 'taboo'?
If there is an explanation of what 'taboo' means here somewhere? If so, please point me in that direction as I didn't see it in any of the links that were sent to me and I don't want to start an RP in the wrong forum. I probably just missed it in all the reading.

definition of taboo:
Noun: a social or religious custom prohibiting or restricting a particular practice or forbidding association with a particular person, place, or thing.
Adjective: prohibited or restricted by social custom.

A taboo is an implicit prohibition on something (usually against an utterance or behavior) based on a cultural sense that it is excessively repulsive or, perhaps, too sacred for ordinary people.

Per the top of the 1x1 Taboo forum, taboo is: Incest, BDSM, Furry etc and role plays that do not involve canon characters and/or settings.

I would think anything that doesn't fit into "normal" person x person sex, with no added things (sorta vanilla?), it would go in general as long as it's not canon/fandom. I tend to err on the side of caution and put it in taboo if I am unsure. ^^

Per the top of the 1x1 Taboo forum, taboo is: Incest, BDSM, Furry etc and role plays that do not involve canon characters and/or settings.

I would think anything that doesn't fit into "normal" person x person sex, with no added things (sorta vanilla?), it would go in general as long as it's not canon/fandom. I tend to err on the side of caution and put it in taboo if I am unsure. ^^
Yes, I read the headings for both forums, and I guess what made it 'vague' to me is this...
"taboo is: Incest, BDSM, Furry etc and role plays that do not involve canon characters and/or settings.

So 'etc' leaves it vaguely openended. I would think that any sex could be considered 'taboo' by someone as what is considered 'taboo' is rather subjective.

I suppose I will just start my RP in the 'taboo' forum, and if it judged that it isn't then it can be moved. Best safe than sorry.

Yes, I read the headings for both forums, and I guess what made it 'vague' to me is this...
"taboo is: Incest, BDSM, Furry etc and role plays that do not involve canon characters and/or settings.

So 'etc' leaves it vaguely openended. I would think that any sex could be considered 'taboo' by someone as what is considered 'taboo' is rather subjective.

I suppose I will just start my RP in the 'taboo' forum, and if it judged that it isn't then it can be moved. Best safe than sorry.

Like I said, that's how I do it, just to be safe. Because even if it's not a good fit for taboo, that's okay... but if it should be there and isn't, it could make people uncomfortable. I know people read stories and I think that is the main reason.

When in doubt- taboo it ^-^

Back
Top Bottom