Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Omega in need. ( Umbra&SWN1994 )

It was on a quit day when He left the world leaving behind all who cared about him. The funeral had taken place just a few short days after the accident. It had been a few months since then. Coming home to the small apartment they shared, Yuui unlocked the door. He took off his coat and threw it on the floor. Promising himself he wouldn't cry, that, that's not what Kyte would want. He wiped his face and walked into the dark room and flopped on the bed they used to share. Going out today was a bust and he didn't have much cash left. It was hard to get clients when you where an Omega All the Alpha's wanted you for was your body and when you refused they threw you away. Yuui hated how people could just do that. He hated looking like a girl, Hated the Alpha's for judging him for his body and not his skills.. At least with a Kyte he knew it wasn't like that. Kyte was a beta and had treated him like a person. Sitting up Adis decided to try to make some food. He walked over to the fridge only to find it was empty. With a big sigh, he remembered he needed to get groceries and shut the fridge."Damn" he said, Walking over to the door he slipped on his shoes as he ran a hand through his soft black hair.

Arriving to the apartment building Kai sighed softly as he exited the taxi. Paying the man he looked back to the building and frowned. It had been a couple of months now since he lasted visited this place, and it felt weird coming when he knew Kyte wouldn't be there to greet him. Then again, he wasn't here to mourn his best friend, but rather check up on Yuui. Kai had not come to check on the other for so long as he figured Yuui wouldn't want to see him, Kyte and Kai had been like brothers and it always felt weird being along with the omega, he had been like that since they were children and Kai always felt like he was a third wheel when the pair were together.

Kai begun up to the pair's--to Yuui's apartment. The twenty-seven-year-old alpha brushed his thick chestnut brown hair back, awkwardly stood there for a moment and thought about just leaving. Yuui probably had his friends comforting him and an Alpha coming to a Omega would only spread rumors. Shaking his head he knocked softly on the door, he needed to check up on Yuui. They had been in each other's lives for so long, true though mainly Kyte, but he still needed to make sure that Yuui was okay. For Kyte at least.

"...Hey Yuui, its Kai. I hope I didn't come at a bad time."

Yuui spun around and jumped at the sound of the unexpected knock on the door. One socked foot hit the hardwood floor and his feet slid out from underneath him, knocking over everything in the front hall with a scream and a loud crash. He called out. " I-It's Open Kai..." Trying to untangle himself from the coats, hangers and shoes to stand up. He hadn't heard Kai's voice in a few months. It reminded him of Kyte and a pain shot through him as tears welled up in his eyes. He wiped them away quickly as he pushed off a set of coats popping his head up out of the pile he had knocked over onto himself. He really should have given some of these thing's to charity but they were Kyte's and he just couldn't do it on his own. Seeing his shoe he picked it up and frowned looking for the other one in the mess.

Upon hearing the crash the alpha become concern and thought about just breaking inside, though he controlled himself and once he heard the door was open he quickly came in to check on Yuui. Upon seeing the omega on the floor Kai moved to help him up when he noticed Yuui looking for something, frowning he went onto his knees and begun to help picking up the coats "You okay?" he asked as he set a few of the coats on the side of the hallway. Noticing the other shoe he took it and offered it to Yuui. "Here," standing up Kai offered his hand "Have you eaten yet? I wanted to come by and check on you, and thought we could go out to eat something. Get out of the house for awhile. Maybe talk."

Kai looked around and for a moment expected Kyte to run out and hug him. Welcome Kai to their home and playfully argue to stay inside and make something to eat. Home cooked meals are better! Besides, you're always eating out

God he missed Kyte. Clearing his throat he offered a warm smile "Its my treat. I owe you g- you for always being so welcoming to me in your home. I wanna check up on you, if thats okay."

Yuui smiled up at him and took his hand. "Thanks." He said standing up. "Oh! you found my shoe. I was wondering where that went. Sorry about the mess I tripped when I- " He didn't want to say when your voice reminded me of Kytes. " I slipped on my coat." He sighed and pushed the rest of the offending coats out of the way for now and slipped on his shoes. " I was just about to go out and get food, so if you want to you can come with me. I can cook for you if you want? or we can go out but that's not very good for you at least that's what K-" He stopped and looked away. He almost said that's what Kyte would say but caught himself before saying it. Kai had known Kyte far longer then him and must be hurting too.

" Ah food sounds nice... Sure let me get my coat." He grabbed his coat off the floor and slipped it over his head. He wore a black hoodie with wolf ears on the hood that Kyte got him for his last birthday. It had a small fluffy tail on the back and looked over sized on him. It looked good with his soft fluffy black hair and dark brown almost black gray eyes. He put on matching gloves and a black wool scarf. "Okay lead the way Kai" He said trying to smile up at him but keeping his distance.

Kai winced slightly as Yuui began to remind him about Kyte. With a sad smile he nod "I know he always says that...but, eating out once and a while is okay, right?" he tried to lessen the blow, but the wound was still fresh. The man chuckled softly "Besides, you deserve to be waited on."

Smiling the man nod as he stepped out of the apartment and begun to lead the omega outside. "Hows about we grab some Italian? I know a nice family-owned place. Its only twenty minutes away." Kai offered as he grabbed them a cab. Noticing another Alpha the man wrinkled his nose and blocked Yuui from the other's view. Clearing his throat he smiled "I always wanted to talk... Kyte and I spoke about what ifs and...we talked about what would happen if something like this would happen. I was wondering, if you want, if you need, I could help you out? I know job hunting right now isn't easy and I happen to have a position open in my business for an entry level job."

Yuui got in the cab confused, as to why he was guided to Kai’s other side but accepted it, stepping into the cab. Kai slid in beside him as he buckled his seatbelt. His body hummed and he shuffled to the side knowing it was the effects of being near the alpha. Yuui looked at the back of the seat quietly thinking of an answer that wouldn’t hurt kai’s feelings. “ It’s not that- I mean thank you, but finding a job is my problem you don’t have to help because Kyte asked you to, in fact please don’t if that is the case. I can manage for a while.” He lied.

He had a hundred dollars to his name and was still looking for a massage parlor to work at, one that allowed him to pick his own clients. He had gone through massage school to become a Massuse when Kyte told him he was good with his hands and that he should try it. He had stopped working when Kyte had his accident and lost his job.

Being a Omega in the line of work he had was hard. If he couldn’t pick his clients, then he would have to be around Alpha’s all day and that was dangerous for a un-paired omega. If it came down to it he would for a while but not if he could avoid it. He shifted in his seat adjusting his hood over his face.

"Mmhm." Kai nod as he leaned back in his seat "I get it. Well, incase of anything," Kai pulled out his business card as well as his cell phone "You can reach me by that number. Also, if you're comfortable with the idea, I would like to exchange numbers. It would be nice to get to talk more. I don't want to lose touch with you, Yuui."

Noticing how uncomfortable Yuui became the man frowned and rubbed his neck. He knew how weird it much be to be alone with an Alpha he barely knew. Kai cleared his throat before offering his cellphone "Here. I won't force you to put your number in, but if you like you could take my number or we could maybe see each other every other weekend? I...its selfish, but I feel like if I don't at least talk to you that I'll lose a part of him... honestly, whenever we hung out he use to love to talk about you and...I feel like if we don't at least talk now and again that a little bit of him dies." Kai allowed himself to be open. In their new era of Alphas and Omegas many had begun to try and fight against both social and natural order. Kai happened to be one of these thinkers, to the point that he now wore a scent blocker to both lessen his scent and prevent himself from smelling other omegas who may be nearby.

"We don't have to talk about it now. But, I hope you know that I do care about you, and I do want the best for you...I want to be friends."

Friends? It was strange, the last time he felt comfortable was when Kyte was around but being around Kai made him feel the same. Kai didn't have a smell like most alpha's well he did but it was soft and clamming. He liked it and found himself wishing Kai was around more often. Yuui took out his cell, It had cute puppies on the back with green eyes. He sat it in his lap taking Kai phone from him and adding his number. He looked up at Kai with a smile brightening his face, "Thanks. I added my number feel free to call me anytime." When was the last time he smiled, he didn't know but Kai seemed like a nice guy. He probably was knowing Kyte. Yuui giggled at the thought of Kyte pestering Kai all the time. It reminded him that Kai liked Italian food. When Kai would come over Kyte would ask Yuui to make some and they would all sit and eat till He had to go to work. He handed Kai his phone and leaned more comfortably into the seat.

It didn't take long before they made it to the restaurant. It was a nice little place with arching windows on the front. Vines covered some of the walls making it look very charming. There was a small light outside the front door. As they stepped out of the cab Yuui took notice of Kai's offered hand and took it to help him out. He waited for Kai to pay the driver before fallowing him in to be seated.

Once he paid their driver Kai lead Yuui into the restaurant when they were greeted by the owner's son, a young man a little younger than Yuui. "Welcome back Mr. Chai, table for two this afternoon?" the omega asked, his raven black hair slicked back and smile bright against his sun kiss skin. Nodding the alpha offered a warm smile to the other omega as they were lead to a table near a large window. Outside the window was the restaurant's own personal garden of herbs and flowers. The view was amazing and Kai was happy they got the best seat in the house.

They were given some wine, water, and freshly made bread. This spread was no way special or anything of the sorts, just something the family did as they knew Kai very well. Chuckling the alpha looked over to Yuui "So, would you like some wine? Its on the house, I come here pretty often and help them out with a few things so no need to worry about the cost." Kai explained.

"...So, how have you been? It has been awhile since I last came to see you. I apologize, I threw myself into work and ...I guess I lost track of everything."

" Just water for now thanks." Yuui waved his hand and smiled at the boy. " I am okay. It's been hard but I can manage. I have been looking for work wherever I can. There are two places I might work for but I haven't decided yet." He sipped the water and grabbed a piece of bread to open and butter. He didn't want to tell Kai if he chose to work at ether of the two places he would have to work only with other alpha's as that was the rules for a omega in the company. " How about you? How have you been?"

"Thats good. I hope they pay well, if not... well, my offer always stands." Kai reassured as he poured himself a glass. Taking a sip the man smiled sadly "I've been...okay. Been busy with work and such." Kai shrugged slightly. Cracking his neck the man leaned back in his seat "Other than those things, I have been okay." Kai sighed softly before snapping himself out of his downturn mood. "Anyway--I also came to visit you because ...I honestly missed visiting." Kai said. Normally he would come to visit the pair once every other weekend. It had passed one or two visit now.

"I was wondering, I know its odd to have an Alpha over, and probably bad for appearance; however, I was wondering maybe if we could start again? If not I understand. I came out of the blue today which is rude and I apologize for that."

He took a bit of the bread taking his time to finish it before answering. " It's okay I guess, I mean It pays the bills till I can build up a better client-tell. I will be servicing Alpha's mostly Since that's all omegas can do for the first year they are there. I will have to where a collier to stay safe and bring suppressants and mace." The waiter came back with their food and sat it down. " Enjoy" He said then left when Yuui said thanks. Yuui had missed seeing Kai so when he said he wanted to come over again he jumped in, " Yes please! You can come visit anytime. Honestly I missed seeing you and having meals and watching movies with you. Even the creepy horror ones seem nice if your going to be there and you know I hate those. Well you might not, but I don't like things that have blood and scary things in them." He continued to eat the pasta dish he had ordered. It was one of the best things he has had in a while. He missed seeing Kai and Honestly he didn't like being alone, so it was nice to see and do things with him again.

Kai became alert when he heard about Yuui's new work. Frowning slightly he rubbed his neck and nod "As long as you stay safe..." Kai bit his tongue and controlled himself from becoming overly protective over Yuui. Yuui was an adult, he could do what he pleased and if he wanted to work like that with Alphas around him...Kai tried brushing it off and smiled brightly seeing Yuui wanting Kai to come over again.

Chuckling he smiled sweetly "Even horror movies? Heh, I know you must be serious now." he joked playfully . He knew how much Yuui hated those types of movies, and Kai happened to love those movies, so even the offer to just watch those meant that the omega was serious. "Well then, how can I deny seeing you every weekend?Heh, no scary movies are required though." Kai smiled softly as he begun to eat as well. Kai talked with Yuui about anything and everything, and once their meals were finished Kai paid for it. He argued that he had picked out the restaurant and did the invite so he was the one to pay for everything. If not that, he would have simply found some other reason why he had to pay.

"So," Kai begun as they waited for his card to be returned "Would you like to go do something else? I have the whole day...and weekend, pretty much free."

Yuui hadn't seen Kai in a while and forgot how much fun it was to spend time with him. adjusting his hood when they got outside to get in the cab he nodes, "Sure but remember you said I didn't have to watch the scary ones." He said with a wink and a grin. He poked Kai in the side with a small hand laughing. " Should we see a movie or with could do something else like ice skating that's fun sometimes. Well It's fun if you don't fall all the time." he remembered the time last winter, when Kyte suggested they go ice skating. Kyte wasn't very good and kept falling on Kai and him trying to stand up. He remembered Kai was good at Ice skating because he took classes when he was little and got a few awards for it.

Yuui was smiling the brightness back in his face when the cab drove up. " We could also just go back to the apartment and play board games? What would you like to do?"

"Heh, I promise. Besides, I can always watch those movies when I get home." Kai chuckled as his side was poked. Reaching over he playfully poked Yuui's nose before thinking about going ice skating. There was a nearby ice ring which they could go to. Nodding the man smiled "Ice skating sounds fun. I don't mind going back to the apartment either; however, skating would get us moving more." the man pointed out as they entered the cab.

Sitting beside him Kai pulled out his phone and called the ring to make sure they were letting people in. Nodding he hung up and happily said they were able to go right now.

As they headed off to the ice ring Kai begun to tell old stories about him and Ktye as children like when they would go ice skating or how Kai would hide out over at Ktye's place whenever he couldn't deal with his parents. Those days were often. Being an Alpha did not only mean he was on top of whatever their society was built on, but also he was expected to fit a mold which he didn't want to be in. Kai hated always having to be on top of thing, couldn't really express his emotions, or expected to treat omegas poorly just because they were considered to be lower than betas and alphas. The best person he ever met was an omega...that was before he killed himself. Kai kept that part to himself.

"...um..." Kai snapped out os his deep thought before smiling again "Sorry, must have zoned out a bit. Hey, maybe next weekend we could go to the beach? I know right now the pier is having a night light kind of event, so it might be nice to just wander around during then."

Yuui liked Kai's story's and told some of his own like the time Kyte and Yuui met. Kyte thought Yuui was a girl at first until Yuui told him he was a boy making Kyte apologize for flirting with him and that's how they became friends at first. Yuui laughed when Kai told him that he was rambling and said, " Sure I love the beach but you know that already since you were the one who helped plan with Kyte my birthday every year."

The driver pulled up the ice rink letting them out once Kai paid once more even though Yuui protested telling Kai it was fine and he didn't need to but Kai found a reason anyways to do so.

Once outside Yuui waited till Kai got out and walked up next to him. Yuui was walking in front this time and went to open the door when three Alphas came out the front two looking at Kai and one looking at Yuui with a look of lust in his eyes and a smirk on his face. the Alpha took Yuui's hand pinning him to the door he said, " Hey cutie. You alone? Want to go have some fun with us ? Don't worry we will treat you nicely." Yuui squirmed free holding his hand and ducking under the Alpha to stand next to Kai. " No I am with my friend." he stated as if it was a fact. The Alpha looked at Kai and smiled at Yuui as if he had won something. grabbing Yuui's hand and pulling him closer into a hug. "I can show you a better time little Omega maybe I could be your fated pair?" Yuui looked up at the Alpha anger and fear in his eyes. His body was getting hot and uncomfortable. A need rising that only occurred when he was with a Alpha. Panic hit him and he looked toward Kai.

When the trio of Alphas came out Kai straighten up and stared at the other alphas. He begun to stare down the other two Alphas who started to back off. Kai, though normally laid back and pretty nice, was also from a pretty bad home life and he had learned a few things from his time with his father. One being to scare off other Alphas. Kai was already taller than most Alphas and more fit. The other two men back off and tried to get the attention of their friend when they heard a low growl from Kai.

Kai noticed the look Yuui gave him and without a second though he tore the other Alpha away from Yuui and slammed him against the wall. He was much stronger than he looked and as he held the other he bared his teeth "Either fuck off or I will break off that pathic nub you call a dick." Kai's grip tighten "Leave. My. Friend. Alone." Kai warned. Moving over to Yuui he draped an arm around his friend and growled at the others again "Leave before I get the police involved. Yuui, you okay?"

The Alpha glared back at Kai, standing up and adjusting his clothes. He left with his friends pulling him along saying various things to get him to go without fighting with Kai anymore then he had. Yuii heard one of them say something about how that omegas Alpha could have killed you bro you should look before you leap or something like that. Which made Yuui smile and peek up at Kai who was still glaring at them leaving. Before he realized it Yuui had put his hand on Kai's abs feeling them under his shirt. Spacing out at what just happened. He didn't know Kai worked out I mean he didn't look like he did but he had never seen Kai without cloths so how could he have guessed. Yuui traced the lines of the Muscles before stopping and pulling his hand away as if Kai had burned him. "Ah I am okay thanks, Really. I didn't know you were that strong do you work out or something?"

He waved his hands to show he wasn't harmed or anything. " I was just a bit surprised and scared that's all. Ah sorry for touching your er never mind but yeah and thanks for helping me." It sounded better in his head but when he went to talk all his words got mixed up. Well now I sound like an idiot he thought why can't I talk like normal. It's like Yuui just noticed Kai was a Alpha and very attractive to him. He stopped at that thought and tried to push it aside failing miserably when he noticed Kai had his arm around him making Yuui very aware of Kai. Scared though he was he was more excited than anything or at least his body was since it was screaming happy thing's at him making his mind all fuzzy chaos bouncing around inside him.

He shook his head and stepped away from Kai hoping that would clear his mind a bit, enough to speak properly at the very least.

Kai didn't look away from the three alphas until they were far enough away he couldn't smell them anymore. Turning his attention back to Yuui the man relaxed and returned to his old self once again "Huh? Oh, I do. I box and junk, nothing impressive." Kai said softly "But are you okay? I mean, he grabbed you and I just wanna make sure." the Alpha's voice was soft again, filled with concern. Perking a brow the man blushed slightly and rubbed his neck "Ah, thats okay. I didn't even notice."

When Yuui stepped away from Kai the man frowned "S-sorry! I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable." Kai cleared his throat before smiling. Opening up the door he lead Yuui inside "Come on, being somewhere cold should help us out."

Once they got their skates Kai waited for Yuui to get his skates on before leading him out to the ice ring. Kai felt at home on the ice and it showed with how skated with ease. Looking over to Yuui the man smiled as he offered his hand "Need a hand?"

Yuui blushed slightly but took the offered hand. "Thank's. Say do you want to teach me some of those tricks you know from last time we came here?"

There was only two other couples on the ring that they were in. This building had two ice rings and Yuui assumed Kai had picked this one since there was less people. It was used for those who could skate at a pro level and he knew Kai knew how to do that. Yuui had also been skating since he was a child, his mother sending him to do something other then study all the time. He found he liked the quite and most of the time he could skate late to relieve stress. He was good at skating and knew a few tricks but when he skated with Kai he had always wanted to learn from him.

They stopped by the side so Yuui could take off his coat and scarf so it wouldn't interfere. Underneath he wore a slim fitting black top that had a wolf running across it with a rainbow of colors flying out behind it's paws. His pants were also slim fitting and white with a few rips in them. they had come that way when he bought them and they were still pretty new.

He looked to Kai and held out the hand he just freed from the glove, " Ready let's have some fun." His eye's seemed to sparkle with excrement as he smiled up at him.

"Which one? Heh, I know a few." he smiles as looks out to the ring to see that the other couple had taken the smaller one which gave the pair the larger of rings. More space to do more tricks. Coming to a pause the Alpha leaned against the wall and watched Yuui. Kyte had been so lucky to have had Yuui as his partner. They had always been so happy together and Kyte was not shy to announced it to the world or even ask his best friend to stay around them during dates so other Alphas wouldn't try anything. Of course Kai had agreed and was able to be around them without being noticed by Yuui.

Kai was caught off guard when Yuui offered his hand, but the man smiled brightly and nod as he took the other's hand. Leading out into the middle of the icy surface he gave them a quick spun before bowing. "Of course." he begun to show Yuui a few tricks, although keeping them at a starter level as he did not want to rush Yuui into more dangerous moves which would hurt him if anything went wrong. However, Kai did show off a few of those moves which it was clear he was being careful as he did his flips or more complex spins and such. Breathing heavily the man smirked "How was that?"

When Kai spun him around it made Yuui laugh. He watched Kai show him how to do the tricks and spins first before trying them himself. Kai must have been a really good teacher because Yuui was able to copy Kai's trick perfectly after only tiring two or three times. Kai seemed to make Yuui laugh a lot whenever he spoke or maybe it was the way he taught him how to do the moves but it was so funny and silly that he had to laugh each time. Yuui showed Kai a few moves he learned when he was younger that only small and light bodies could do. His was both of those which was why his instructor always paired him up with taller boys or girls. Yuui was able to spin very quickly with perfect accuracy on the landing and timing every time.

They stopped and went to sit down for a bit since Yuui was breathing hard from practicing a new spin move Kai had taught him. "I had forgotten how fun it was to skate like this. I might have to come back more often. I missed this feeling." He said still a bit breathless.

Yuui's phone started to ring. "Hold on let me get this one sec." He walked off to answer his phone. When he picked up the call, The land lady was on the phone telling him that the building had caught on fire and everything inside was gone. Someone had caught a pan on fire in a apartment downstairs and it fell lighting the wall and surrounding apartments on fire burning the building down to the studs and framework. Yuui came back slowly his face said it all like he just lost everything. His eyes looked like shiny glass as tears started to stream down his face and he tried to wipe them away quickly. His body was shaking as he used his shirt to wipe the tears spilling down his face off. Through hiccups and crying sounds he managed to say, "Kai the apartment is gone everything caught fire."

Kai panted heavily as they took a seat, he had pushed himself a bit too far on the ice too quickly and now ended up out of breath. Nodding the man noticed a worker passing by and asked if they could get some water. As he waited for Yuui, the alpha wondered if he should ask. There was a certain scent coming from Yuui. One only pregnant Omegas would give off and he wondered if perhaps the omega was with Kyte's child or perhaps he had just been to close to another pregnant omega.

That thought went out the window when he heard Yuui. Spinning around he listened to the young man before moving over slowly and embracing the omega "Shh, its okay. I'm right here for you." Kai spoke softly and smoothly as he pulled Yuui into the embrace indigently rubbed his back "I'm right here." he said again. Grabbing their shoes he got them ready to leave before pausing and keeping Yuui by his side, ensuring once they were out no other Alphas would be stupid enough to do anything to the small male.

Once they got back to the apartment the man frowned seeing the state of the apartment. Yuui had been lucky, from the floor he was on he might have died. Slowly the alpha went over to the cooling ash and saw that some things from other apartment had survived or at least was not as bad. Going over to where Yuui's apartment would have roughly been he begun to dig around before finding at least a few items. Bringing them over to Yuui the alpha was not covered in soot and ash stained his face. "I was able to find a few things," Kai said as he placed down his coat to lay down the four items he found "I know its not much, but it is something." he looks up to Yuui "And don't worry about where you'll sleep. My home is always welcome to you. If not, please let me pay for a place for you to sleep. I know you don't want a hand out, but...you do need help right now."

Yuui was in no state to make decisions. When he saw the apartment in ashes he started crying uncontrollably so. The sadness flowed through his veins and deadened his mind. It was a poison to his spirit, dulling him killing off his other emotions until it was the only one that remained. It was as if a black mist had settled upon him and refused to shift, and no matter how bright the day was he would feel no sun and hear no bird song. For the world was lost to him and he knew of nothing that would bring it back into focus.

Yuui looked with burred vision at the few pieces Kai could find. He couldn't even tell what they were. If only he had stayed home maybe he could have been with Kyte in heaven. Maybe he was supposed to have been in that fire. Why hadn't he stayed? Tears kept falling as he mumbled something about how he should have stayed home. How the fire was Kyte calling him to his side. He hurt and missed kyte so much it was like death by a thousand paper cuts, for every time he remembered his loss it was another cut to his already damaged mind. None were enough to kill him, but overtime their accumulation bled him of the humanity he had once had.

Yuui dropped to the ground the stress overwhelming him as darkness took his mind into sleep.

Back
Top Bottom