Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Black Tower (Lost One and Nekrosilisk)

((Sorry about that I have no idea how you got that pm...none I didn't link you or anything. Must've been a random glitch...))

"Magic is a many splendid thing." came a response as Fiona walked down the steps leading from her house. "I can grow regular plants here just as well as the next person. I generally stick to herbs for my potions but I have violets, rose bushes and they're as real as can be." she was weaing a full bodied veil that covered her from head to toe hiding her body from his eyes once again. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to sneak up on you, but I saw you eyeing them with shock. Most people are surprised..."

Jasper sighed and shook his head. Such a disappointment that these flowers only grew because of her magic. He stood and dusted his paws. "And for a brief moment i thought there might be more to you than deception, but then again, what else do mages do, but deceive people into thinking they're more powerful than they really are."

Turning around he regarded her veil. "Come now is that really necessary? I've already seen you, and there isn't anyone else about, least ways not that I've noticed." His amber eyes were cold and distant as he spoke to her, his mind calculating its next move even as he spoke.

She was taken aback by the rather cold comment her eyes widening slightly. It wasn't deception it was nature magic. The act of fortifying the soil so the plants grew strong, just a way to enhance the natural growth pattern. "I don't use magic, magic for my plants." she commented softly. "I use nature magic, which is nothing more the assitance to the plants to help them grow stronger. I don't alter them in anyway."

Fiona sighed softly the veil rustling with the rather large breath. "No you haven't." she commented. "That was glamor I don't look anything like the servant girl aside from us both being the same kind of feline. That's one thing you can't change, the sort of animal you are. Unless your a shape shifter of course." waving her hand a chair appeard behind him and one behind gesturing for him to sit as she did herself. "I have a feeling you don't like me..."

Spitting to the side, the panther crossed his arms, and refusing the seat. "You alter the ground in which the plants grow, removing them from the good earth they are meant to be in. In my eyes there is little difference between that, and using your magic on the plants themselves."

He paced back and forth slowly, his tail sharply lashing back and forth in irritation. "As for liking you, no more than any prisoner likes his gaoler, or a predator his prey." he waited for her response, his eyes never leaving her.

"You make it sound as though I'm a tyrant." she says her ear flicking back, her large liquid eyes flashing. "Some of these people have much better lives then they did on the outside. They don't need to worry about starving, or dying from an unknown diseases. If I didn't use my magic this entire tower would of crumbled 150 years ago, they're safe here. No need to worry about foreign invaders. I don't understand why you dislike it." shaking her head softly the chair behind him vanished.

"You know very little of me mortal, so do not provoke what you are unable to handle....." the warning was sudden the tone commanding almost as though another being was speaking throught the small female panther. "I could kill you easily you know, and you would cease to be. There is no heaven or hell here. Just the middle realm." and just as soon it was gone. Shaking her head she stood seemingly confused. "I should go inside the sun, is somtimes to harsh for me." and she walked back inside.

Jasper followed after her, his temper starting to rise. "I'm not finished talking to you witch." As he entered the house behind her, he pulled the door shut, stopping just short of slamming it. It had been some time since anyone had been able to elicit this kind of emotion from him. "A prison is a prison, regardless of how much you gild it's bars. And if you sought to kill me, you would have done so already. You want me alive for whatever damned reason, just as I need you alive for now, or else believe me you would already be dead. There's a pretty price on your head Fiona, and you're making it very tempting to collect."

She turned and faced him a warning growl escaping her throat. "Your not the only assassian who has seeked to kill me Jasper. I've had several over the centuries and none of them have succeeded, if they did they would die as well for it is my life force that keeps the tower functioning. The entire building would collapse killing every single living being. So if you want several thousand innocent deaths on your head try, but you will get no reward for dying as well!" and she vanished just as the sound of thunder rumbled through the sky in both her own pocket realm and the tower outside.

The panther's eyes, which until this point had been so calm, cool and collected flared with rage. He stormed through the house looking for the bathroom so he could finish his chores and get out. He'd never dealt with such an infuriating woman, or anyone for that matter that had been able to elicit any kind of real emotion from him whatsoever.

When he finally got to the bath, he had to stop and calm himself refocusing. Gripping the sides of the tub, little nicks were left in its smooth surface from his claws gripping it so fiercely. After calming himself he drew the water, and left her dwelling shortly afterwards for his own apartments.

Fiona was watching him of course amused at his inability to handle a someone who seeked to defy him so readily. Then again she assumed this panther was used to getting what he wanted, when he wanted and how he wanted. Shaking her head she reappeared in the bathroom just as he left and slipped into the warm water, he'd be back tomorrow of course and then perhaps they could play a bit longer. She did so love making other's mad.

Leaning back in the tub she waved her hand in several complex motions the tower layout bared before her like a map. Little dots that represented the people danced around moving her and there. Placing a finger on the chamber that Jasper had claimed as his home. She linked it to her own home via a small energy stair case. Now he wouldn't have to travel so far to work in her home, and she could keep an eye on him. "Enjoy your evening Jasper." she purred licking her lips. "I'll see you tomorrow..."

Jasper sleep was restful, though light. Years of his chosen profession had made it so he could never rest easy at night. When he awoke in the morning, he found his schedule for the day, and got his breakfast. Apparently Fiona expected him over there first thing. To bad for her he had his own things to do after he woke.

Returning to his apartment, he stretched, and began the first of his daily exercises that would take him an hour to finish if he was fast about it, and he was taking his time, focusing on his form and power. Having removed his shirt so he didn't soak it in sweat, his well sculpted, lean muscles rippled under his fur with every motion he took. Dropping into pushups, his focus took over, his breathing in sync with his exercises.

Fiona raised an eyebrow as she used the connecting tunnel to spy on hims observing the graceful movments. He really was an astounding being so lethal, so attractive. Biting back the appriciative purr she backed away back into her realm a smile on her face. Really he acted the way he did simply to annoy her and it worked but it also made her consider. She must be a special case if he went out of his way to do so. So she's go out of her way to irratate him as well. Chuckling she made it rain in her realm and switched his first task to pruning her apple tree.

As he finished his exercises, He checked the schedule again just to make sure he knew what all he was doing today, and quirked his eyebrow at the slight alteration. wiping the sweat off his chest and arms, he pulled his shirt on, and grabbed his cloak on his way out the door, deliberately taking the long way to her dwelling. He'd noticed the new passageway in his apartment earlier, and had a fair hunch where it lead, but if she was going to be trouble, well two could play at that game.

When he arrived at her house it was raining, and quite hard at that. Considering he was to work in her garden before doing anything else he wasn't able to get into her home at all. All the doors and windows were locked and unbreakable. Up on the top floor she stood watching him a slow grin on her lips. Sure it was a tad immature, but she loved it seeing him soaked amused her. Fiona had tried to be kind to him, tried to go easy lure him into thinking she was kind. Which she actually was, but he refused to belive it so the guize of cruel magess had been put back on. Perhaps this would show him just exactly what she was capable of.

Back
Top Bottom