Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Two Story Ideas for Groups: One Awesome Party and One Storytelling Experience

Idlewyld

Withdrawn
Withdrawn
Hi, my name's Idle. You can find a lot about me here

While most of my ideas are 1x1 ideas, I've got two group roleplay ideas I'd like you to consider.

The Pi Nu Sigma fraternity is holding its annual PSP (Progressive Strip Party.) Every half-hour, the bells chime and the guests donate another article of clothing for charity right there on the floor. Did your character come just out of curiosity, or something more? Will he or she leave early, or stay for the full monty? And what happens after?

A sudden ice storm shuts down DFW Airport and six stranded travelers find themselves at the Airport Hilton with only one suite to share between them. Stuck inside with only the copious and comped minibar and each other's company to provide solace, one suggests a game of Bull or Bare, a storytelling game where the only thing more enticing than the tales are the forfeits. Strangers become friends, friends become lovers, and anything is possible.

Bull or Bare is a storytelling game where each character shares a story and then the others can either challenge by calling "Bull" or pass by calling "Bare" and forfeiting an article of clothing. Should a challenge happen, the winner of the challenge gets to strip three articles off the group (including one off the loser) and the loser has an additional forfeit to fulfill. Fun will be had by all.

Awesome! So far I think we're 3 people total for Bull or Bare. If we can get two or three more, that would be ideal.

I believe so. As long as the person who first expressed interest is still on board :)

I'm sure there is Liminal.
[automerge]1596488504[/automerge]
As for how to prove your Character's story is true I suppose some stories can't be proven under the premises of the roleplay setting while others might perhaps be given credibility through photographic evidence on phones, tablets or laptops.

Then again I have the feeling that this particular game of Bull or Bare is designed to become a nude game which I think raises another question. What happens when one or more participants have no more clothes to remove?

Last edited:
There's definitely still room. Whether the story is true or false is strictly on the honor system. When YC is out of clothes, the characters will just have to figure out what he or she should do instead

I haven't heard back from the first person yet, but right now it seems we've got four between us, that should be enough to get us started. I'll try and have something in the OOC section tomorrow so we can start talking characters and the like

We've got three characters so far! That's almost critical mass. If we get at least one more, I think we can begin!

Is there still room for one more for bull or bare? Is it ok if I play a non-binary character?

That’s an interesting idea, the second one. I’ve always liked these, kind of, game within a game type of RPs =)

One thing I can’t quite understand is, that there seems to be no real advantage of a character fabricating a story, instead of telling the truth. Other than having an OOC aspiration of getting caught, I mean =)

Wouldn’t it be better if when a character tells a faux story, and if they manage to fool all other players, they get a reward of sorts? Like choosing someone to perform a task of their liking. Or if the others just lose an article of clothing when the story is actually not true.

@WaveVelour - I'd love to see you join. And you may have a point. Perhaps assigning a forfeit for fooling everyone is a good idea. Why don't you bring it up in the OOC here?

Ah, thanks~

I didn’t notice you’ve already posted an OOC thread. Sure, I’d check it. I see you’ve posted it into the open rp section though. I believe it should have been in the group RP section =)

Back
Top Bottom