Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Auction Day

WaveVelour

Star
Hello~ Thanks for stopping by! I’ve never tried to coordinate a group rp before. I’ll be writing the intro as if it’s one of my request threads. So, go easy on me, right =)

This won’t be a very original idea sadly, but I think it’d be fun. We have actually done something like this in my old RP community. It was a fun event. We played it out through IMs, so I’m not sure how this might go here, but willing to give it a try anyway.

Setting
The story will take place in a medieval fantasy setting. Humans, elves and other humanoid races are welcome. No supernatural characters though. The scene will take place in a tavern. Squeaking wooden floors, distinct smell of unfiltered beverages, orange hue of candle light and mysterious faces with different backgrounds to fill the worn seats.

Event and the Players
There will be an auction. Some characters will be sold to offer their unquestioned services for two full days. And of course, buyers will compete with each other upon setting their greedy eyes on someone. Contestants can be in the auction voluntarily or against their will. Some characters may be willing to submit themselves to the highest bidder, or may have been captured for a profit. A princess from royal family, an unfortunate commoner, once great chieftain of guards, a hunter turned prey, just a naughty soul who seeks an excitement or an unfortunate peasant who needs the cash, a lonesome cowboy swinging by… Whether you choose to play the bidders or the body for hire, you yourself will write their backstory. And also pick an outfit for them.

The Game
Let’s say the currency of the kingdom is gold coins. Every buyer will have a base amount. Independent of YC’s backstory, every character will have the same budget to spend. To make things fair. Depending on the number of players, contestants will get on the stage one by one or in small groups. And based on their backstory, they can be brought to people's display forcefully, can be restrained or stand there willingly. To encourage the patrons, to grab the buyers’ attention, they might be ordered/requested to do certain tasks. And bidders might surely want to see a demonstration before they spent their gold. Or ask to have a feeling of the assets. It’ll be mostly tease and seduction, and plenty of innuendos. However, no sex scene will be played openly in the tavern.

I’ll be playing the host of the auction. Trust me, this is the boring part =) To make things more interesting for me, I’m willing to sabotage some of the characters or advertise a few of them more differently. But, I can use a helper. You can have multiple characters, but you cannot bid on your own character or share a budget.

Your Ideas
I am open to suggestions and interested in hearing your thoughts. You can send me a PM or just post your thought here. In any case, if you’re interested, let me know about on which end you want to play. If you have an idea for a different role, I’d like to hear that as well. Thanks!

I know it's unlikely, but I'd be up for for playing a MxM on sale. I could go with anything from noncon, to reluctant, to enthusiastic.

HI WaveVelour,

What happens after the auction? Will there be separate intertwining threads, or once the auction is done, it's over?

I am considering two characters, one on each side of the arrangement:

b5bc194d06ff4da64a97dd94738a6740.jpg
Elientro, Elven noble ~ He's come to the auction to purchase a maid servant for his sister. The elves are known to be harsh towards lesser races, to demand much, and to think of humans as little more than livestock. It would be interesting for him to buy a woman he thinks will be a compliant servant and then discover that she's anything but complacent and meek.
33844e220b106785b93aecf75d016e1d.jpg
Sir Jacob of Freyland, Human knight ~ Ambushed by a rival, he's had everything taken; his horse, his things, and even memory. He doesn't know how he wound up in chains and standing in front of the crowd, but he knows that he doesn't belong there, and he'll do anything to regain his rightful place in the world.

Assuming the players could actually see the end of the auction, I guess what happens next depends on the paired partners. If the events, immediately after the auction, take place in the main hall, where the others are still present, it can be played in the main thread. Other than that, the scene can be brought over to PMs.

Oh, those seem like interesting characters =) If more people get interested, I should prepare a character sheet draft.

Ah, I mean if the RP lasts that long, haha. But diabolical stuff is encouraged still.

Back
Top Bottom