Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Into the Unknown (Fantasy/NSFW) OOC

ToWriteAndWander

Not all those who wander are lost.

Party Current Status: Traveling to the Outpost
Current Mission: Explore New Lands
Information on Mission: Unknown presence of Humans, Unknown Hostility of Faun and Flora, Unknown Natural Resources. Proceed with Caution.

General Information:

-The Cartographers Guild (The Guild) has commissioned an Expedition to explore new lands in the North East of the Empire
-The Sea of Grass, a massive area of grassland, once deemed un-crossable due to the lack of resources and supply, has long been a border on the Empire.
-The Sea of Grass was crossed by an Entrepreneur, who establish a Camp on its other side for further exploration.
-The Guild 'commandeered' the Camp in the Name of the King and Empire and has turned the Camp into an Outpost (The Outpost).
-A dirt-path through the Sea of Grass has formed from the passage of horses carrying supplies to the Outpost, along with two way-stations along its route.
-The stations are areas cleared of grass, down to the dirt, with berms and stakes and cached water and supplies.
-It takes approximately 3 days to traverse the Sea of Grass on horseback.

On New Haven: New Haven is a town where the outcasts and criminals of society live. Being on the 'edge of civilization', tucked away in a corner of the Empire no one particularly cares about, as its name suggests it was create to get away from the long arm of the Empire. It grew over time, as all towns do, the typical Imperial Districts formed (The Merchants District, The Government District, The Common District, The Under District) and the influence of the Guild spread, taking interest in the growing Town. The Guilds interest soared once the Camp/Outpost was established, their presence in the town more noticeable.

On the Cartographers Guild: The Guild, as it is known, was created at the behest of one of the first Kings, to both map, document and organize his Kingdom. Members of the Guild are as powerful, if not more so, than many government appointed officials. Their reach and power is vast, a Guildhall established in almost every major town and city. They fund campaigns, gather knowledge and wealth, and often dictate the politics of the Empire. They have their fingers in almost everything that happens within the Empire.

On the Empire: The Empire is forever expanding, having risen out of the ashes of the City-State Wars, gobbling up its neighbors one after the other. Its first expansion was into the fertile lands around its capital of Emperon, relying on the food and manpower provided to further expand. In recent years, its conquered the North People - a tribe of fierce warriors known for their size and skill in battle that inhabited the Spear Isles off the North West Coast, long-time raiders of the Empire. Expansion to the South has been continual as well, with all foreign nations laying in that direction, and to the East as well. But the Empire moves slowly, assimilating conquered peoples, subduing any resistance, Imperializing the peoples before expanding again. Expansion is slow, but done in such a method as to not stretch the Empire and its resources further.

The hope is that new resources can be discovered in the Wild North, the lands on the other side of the Sea of Grass. Resistance is expected to be minimal, most likely a few tribes of native peoples, but what resources they may exploit are unknown. Having resources in area far from the border will ensure a steady supply, and make New Haven the gateway to the North.

On The Outpost: Location Undiscovered - Information Unknown

LORE:

Magic - Magic exists only in Tales, Myths, and Legends

Language - The Empire is a diverse place, consisting of many peoples who speak different languages. Imperial/Common is the universal language, but many dialects and other languages do exist, though are discouraged.

Religion: The Empire follows a religion that has a Pantheon of Gods, some incorporated from other Religions of conquered peoples. There are many other types of Religion in the Empire and they are tolerated where they do not promote their Religion over the Law of the Land.

The Legion: The Empire has the most professional army in the world, the Legion. The Legion and its Legionaries are professional soldiers. They build the roads, forts, castles, walls of the Empire, allowing for fast and easy travel between locations. They help police the areas they are billeted, train constantly, and employ uniform tactics and commands. Auxiliary Troops are attached to the Legions - warriors from local tribes from within the Empire that specialize in certain roles or tactics that the Legion does not employ. New inventions and tactics are constantly being tested.

Last edited:
Sorry about that @ScarlettFever I finished just minutes ahead of you.

And we are off, well almost all of us. This is exciting! So happy to be setting off on this literary journey with all of you.

Laelia's conversation with Holger should be relatively short and out of ear shot of the group so I don't think you need to wait on it as we move forward.

Would it be better, to put things like that in a spoiler box like this? So everyone can be part of the story but know there character isn't.

I'm liking the diversity, too.

So, group RP etiquette question: Is it okay to jump into a private moment between characters? For example, if someone were to go over and interrupt Grimsson and Laeila before it gets too heavy. (Don't worry. I'm not! I just want to know protocol.)

That might be something where you would ask them OOC if they're okay and if they say yes, do it. A lot of stuff happens in OOC that dictates what happens in the thread. The more we plan behind the scenes the better.

Any other ideas from the team?

No one can see them, or hear them, so in this case that would be a bit god-modding since its physically impossible for anyone to know what is going on. Of course, if your character was to wander over to spy on a private conversation and gets caught...well, I'd had to have to think up a punishment for them.

Eh, I was thinking more of a swift dagger to his rear end would be in order. ;-) But I think Laeila can handle her own. I'm not interrupting. I was just curious.

So to further clarify Group RP Etiquette, in the last post @ToWriterAndWander and @LeaT probably discussed limits and whether or not things like breath control, intimidation, etc. was okay, since the choking and lifting involves one character physically manipulating the other.

As we get to know each other's limits, preferences, and kinks, it gets easier.

I trust people will PM me if something is over their limit and I will edit accordingly.

Communication.

Thats all I ask for! Instead of dropping or poofing, let me know what you don't like and I can change directions. There is the handy little tool called 'Edit' on your own posts. :) Easy enough to fix things and set them straight.

Perhaps we will have to redouble our efforts to make a lasting impression on him!

Back
Top Bottom