Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Our Love Languages (Eraserjoke; BNHA)

petersta

Moon
Having a lot of free time to herself, Emi listens to a podcast. It discusses how to get closer to your spouse by your love language. What was that? She had never heard of such a thing before.

Listening to it more, she recognized that hers was based on quality time, and Shota would be physical touch and quality time? But then she didn’t know that for sure either. Perhaps she didn’t know herself as well as she thought she did or her husband? Then again, maybe she was overthinking about it.

“Mama..” Toshiyuki tugged on her pants. “Me hungry.”

Emi lowered her head, checking on Toshiyuki and picked him up. “Snack?”

Toshiyuki gave her a brief nod.

“Is it okay if mommy gives you one of daddy’s juice pouches?” She asked, resting him on her hip. Walking over to the cabinet, Emi took a peach pouch out and handed it to him. “Are you alright with this one?”

“No.” He pouted, throwing it across the floor.

“Toshiyuki. No, that is not how you ask. You could have said no and had me take out a new one. I’ll let you sit for two minutes and think about what you did, okay? Then we can try that again.”

“No.”

Pressing her lips together, Emi sighed, “Why can’t you cut mommy some slack?”

“No.”

Done with his behavior, she puts him in his room and closes the door. She then puts a timer on. Perhaps she was too harsh, but she wasn’t going to let her child act like a brat. Going to her laptop, she browses the web for anything that tells her about a love language. She wanted to understand that. And the way that you expressed her love for Shouta was different from what she gave other individuals who were her friends or family.

Two minutes later, Toshiyuki runs up to her in tears. Her heart melted instantly, seeing his love for her. Emi picked him up and swung him around. “Are you ready to be a good boy and chose something without throwing it?”

Toshiyuki nodded and pointed to the flavor he wanted. “Gape. Gape.”

“Grape? You can have grape.” She picks a pouch up and hands it to her small son after opening it.

Running around the kitchen, Toshiyuki stops at the fridge. Seeing a few magnets on the refrigerator, he begins playing with them.

Looking back for what she had heard about earlier on the podcast, Emi found a quiz online and took it. Spending a few minutes on it, she wasn’t surprised about what she ended up with. “Quality time...can I use this as a way to spend more time with Shota? I doubt it…” She frowned. Scrolling down, she studied her results a bit more.

Entering from the front door, Shota found Emi glued to her computer screen. “What are you doing?”

Emi’s eyes brightened. “Hey! You’ll never guess what I found out! I was listening to a podcast, and they talked about love languages…”

Interrupting her, Shota held his hand up. “I don’t want to hear about podcasts. Some of them don’t even make any sense, logically.”

Furrowing her brows, Emi pressed her lips into a thin line, insulted that he would even say such a thing. “Shota, please just take the quiz.”

“No.”

“Now, I understand who Toshiyuki got that attitude from…” She muttered, unamused by his behavior.

Sighting Toshiyuki with one of his juice pouches, Shota sighs, “You gave him a juice pouch?”

“Yeah, they’re just not for you. Plus, it’s a healthy snack before supper.” Emi indicated, bummed that he didn’t want to hear more about the love languages. “Shota, I really want to tell you more about what I found out...please...I think it’ll help our relationship.”

Grabbing his own juice packet, he glared at Emi. “I don’t want to hear anything else about podcasts.”

“Shota, this tells us what our love language is like words of affection, gifts, acts of service, physical touch, or quality time.” She explained, hoping he would be more accepting of what she had to say.

Toshiyuki came running over and tackled Shota’s legs. “Daddy! Mama juice!”

“I saw that.” He smiled, kneeling down at his son’s eye level. “So, you’re telling me that this stupid quiz will tell me which one is your love language?”

“I took it for myself, and you would take it for yourself. I’m not taking it for you. It wouldn’t be accurate then. It’s not very hard, Shota.” She huffed, pointing to her results on her screen. “My love language is quality time, then it is physical touch, but that’s only for you.” She winked.

“Only for me? I would hope that you wouldn’t want to get all handsy with other people. It would certainly be controversial.” He agreed. Pulling a chair beside her, he pulled her laptop toward him. “I’ll take this damn thing, and then you can shut up, okay?”

“No,” Emi muttered, not wanting to comply.

Taking the quiz, he spent enough time to complete the questionnaire until he was done. With his results in, he showed Emi immediately, “Here, do what you want with it.”

Emi gasped, a bit excited about the results. “We’re twins! Not exactly, but our results are close to each other! Our top three are the same!”

“Cool.”

Disappointed, Emi pouted some. “That doesn’t matter to you...I want us to spend more time together...it would mean a lot to me if you would take notice of that and do so. Please...It would be so...so much to me, Shota.”

Shota finished his drink and set it on the table. “You actually enjoy spending time with me? What a surprise.” He said sarcastically.

“Yes, I do. You smartass.” She scrunched her nose, annoyed about his joking.

“Hm, no room for teasing, I see. How disappointing.”

Getting up, Emi could no longer handle his sense of humor even if he wasn’t serious. “Nevermind, I’m done with this conversation. I’m not dealing with this right now…” Storming off to their room, Toshiyuki followed her, again tugging on her pants.

“Mama! Me done!”

“Yeah, I see that. Throw that away.” Emi specified, pointing to the trash can.

“Me no how.”

“Yeah, you do.” She took his hand and led him to the trash can and waited for him to throw it away. “Yup, that’s how you do that.”

“Candy?” He asked, staring at her with big green eyes.”

“No. No candy. I’m sorry, but you’re going to have to wait until dinner to get any more food.” Emi specified, understanding that wasn’t what he wanted.

“Noooo! Me want food!” He huffed, wanting anything, but to wait.

Shota came from behind, lifting her and placing her on his shoulder.

“Shota, let me down now! I won’t stand for this!” Emi yelled. Hitting his back with her fists, she didn’t understand why he had to be so difficult.

“Why mommy that way?” Toshiyuki asked, laughing. “Mommy, silly!”

“Is she?” Shota chuckled with his two-year-old.

“Yeah! Silly mommy!”

Spanking her bum, Shota wandered over to their bedroom. Throwing her on the bed, he crawled next to her. “Here, you want to spend time with me, how about a nap?”

“You could have just said that…” She muttered, still troubled by what he had done before.

Snuggling up to Emi, he held her close. “I love you so much...even though you have some crazy ideas…”

Glaring at Shota, Emi pulled him closer. “I love you too...even though you’re rude...or blunt. That’s a better word for it.”

Wanting to join both of them, Toshiyuki struggled to get onto the bed. “...Momma! Dadda! Me not get up!”

Chuckling, Emi held her hand out and pulled him up. “Here, love. You want to join us?”

“Me cuddle too!” Toshiyuki giggled, jumping on them.

Letting him join them, Shota pecked Emi’s lips. “I’ll spend more time with you when I can. I’ll figure it out somehow.”

Running a hand through his hair, Emi grinned, “I’m glad. I’ll be available whenever for you, my love.”

Back
Top Bottom