Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about the safety of private user information.
I've already sent a PM to....Velksaid? about it while he was still online with no reply back so I was hoping someone here could answer for him.
What are the policies regarding Moderators and the use of user information?

Well, I know they use the private information you provide to do a little investigative work in order to make sure we don't have any minors running around. Can't give you an official like answer though.

I'm more concerned with the fact a Moderator here has usedtheir powers to gain password information to use on another website.

And you know thats a fact? Do you have any proof they did it? Did they admit to it? And just having the information is one thing, did they use it?

Passwords are hashed and reset on password recovery. I'm the only one with access to the source code so... the victim would have had to have told someone their password.

Edit: Or have had a guessable one

I do have proof, give me a moment while I get some pics. Apparently this person used the password retrieval system. I'm not here to make a report unless policy here says this sort of thing is illegal.

Try it for yourself and see what you get back for a retrieved password.

2mea9oj.jpg

This user, a moderator here at Bluemoon, stole the password from here and logged in on another board.

Woo, someone who knows what they are talking about. ^.^

Hope you guys get everything straightened out.

This person obviously is not afraid to use user information against them, should they anger them in any way.

Sohpia_Nine said:
This user, a moderator here at Bluemoon, stole the password from here and logged in on another board.

Err, did you read my post? That's just Trygon baiting.

He could not have gotten the victim's password unless the victim either made it easy to guess, or told someone. That doesn't take mod powers here. I won't say I condone Trygon's actions as a general rule, but protecting idiots is not a part of my job description here.

No, sorry. This isn't Trygon baiting. Anyone could've done it and I would still check the policies of the board where they gained his information. And no, I won't use the retrieval system. My only question is regarding the policies surrounding the use of user information. A Moderator has duties and responsibilities that include safeguarding the users from this sort of thing, not exploiting the system for their own use.

Ahahahaha, oh wow.

Yep. I will use all resources available to me to belittle, harass, endanger, or destroy those that irritate me. I did not use features on Blue Moon to accomplish this, I used my own abilities. As for safeguarding users, well... Reaper's NOT a user here. He was banned. I guess you should stay off my bad side, mmm?

So this kind of behavior is fine on Bluemoon?
Stealing user information and exploiting it?
Are the users now required to "stay on his good side"?

Sohpia_Nine said:
No, sorry. This isn't Trygon baiting. Anyone could've done it and I would still check the policies of the board where they gained his information. And no, I won't use the retrieval system. My only question is regarding the policies surrounding the use of user information. A Moderator has duties and responsibilities that include safeguarding the users from this sort of thing, not exploiting the system for their own use.

You've provided no evidence, just a claim.

Like I said:

It is not possible for a moderator here to snoop out someone's password unless they choose to reveal it to another person.

Someone, somewhere along the line, is either being an idiot or lying. You can test the integrity of what I say simply by following the instructions I gave you. It's really not hard, just pop open another browser, sign out, and perform the retrieval. It won't actually reset your password unless you click the link in that e-mail.

We can meet halfway, even. You do the password retrieval and I'll yell at Trygon for taking advantage of stupid people. It's not particularly professional of him, indeed. But he has no ability to compromise the passwords here of anyone with the common sense to keep them safe.

On the other hand, I know exactly who this person is. How am I supposed to respond to that? Well, I could always begin with a legal subpoena.

Fine then. Don't listen. What do I care if your users are exploiting, and bullied in to obeying your Moderator. Ideally, I'd like to see him demoted, but since apparently Moderators are allowed to use whatever means possible against those they dislike. The adult thing for Trygon to do, because he dislikes Reaper so much, is ignore him. Why join the board and annoy everybody there? The rest of us at DRP had nothing to do with the squabble, so why involve us?

• One: Trygon is not a regular Moderator. He's an admin of sorts.

Second: I believe it was me who actually pulled out the banhammer on Reaper. Of course, I could be mistaken since I've wanted to ban his ignorant ass for a long time.
        [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Sohpia_Nine said:
Fine then. Don't listen. What do I care if your users are exploiting, and bullied in to obeying your Moderator. Ideally, I'd like to see him demoted, but since apparently Moderators are allowed to use whatever means possible against those they dislike. The adult thing for Trygon to do, because he dislikes Reaper so much, is ignore him. Why join the board and annoy everybody there? The rest of us at DRP had nothing to do with the squabble, so why involve us?
Ah yes, you're going to come on our board and tell us how to run things in your first ten posts...

I don't blame you, being a n00b and also an idiot, for not noticing, but Blue Moon is run a bit... Different. We don't give much mind to fairness, really. Jackasses are torn limb from limb without justification or reasoning. This is the fate that befell Reaper.

Now, if you gathered earlier when I said I used my own resources to compromise Reaper, I know how to make one's life a living hell. So do us all a favor by taking your gigantic weeping cunt out of my line of fire before I get twitchy.

Sohpia_Nine said:

I am listening. I'm wondering why you aren't.

Because, she's already made up her mind about the answer. She may be asking question, but she already decided the answer. Obviously anything other than what she already had decided were either lies or someone was being fooled.

As an addendum, I'm not saying, Sophie, that no one on Blue Moon is lying. It's entirely possible they are, but you are not going into this with an open mind. That's all.

you know. this entire topic looks like this:

newfag: I'm 100% convinced that Trygon STOLE private information through some sort of system to haxx reapers account on drp.

Vek: It's not possible.

newfag: Yes it is.

vek: No, srsly, it's not.

newfag: YOU AREN'T LISTENING.

what?

and I'm SURE Vek would know whats possible and not.

being the host.
and fairly literate in some programming languages based off what I can deduce from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom