Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Strange question~

Bull4Sissies

Planetoid
Hey there all thanks in advance who will help me at this. Can anyone tell me what are best things to become elite roleplayer?~

Who the heck is an "elite roleplayer"? We havin' cliques now?

If you're looking to have fun with roleplaying, here are some tips:

1. Decide what it is you are looking for
2. Think about what you feel comfortable with in terms of writing
3. Find people who match your desired level/are looking for the same/similar things
4. Write and have fun, don't aim for some sort of a random label, practice comes with writing
5. Set challenges for yourself
6. Read (people severely underestimate reading in relation to developing one's skill in writing)

Who the heck is an "elite roleplayer"? We havin' cliques now?

If you're looking to have fun with roleplaying, here are some tips:

1. Decide what it is you are looking for
2. Think about what you feel comfortable with in terms of writing
3. Find people who match your desired level/are looking for the same/similar things
4. Write and have fun, don't aim for some sort of a random label, practice comes with writing
5. Set challenges for yourself
6. Read (people severely underestimate reading in relation to developing one's skill in writing)
Really thank you for advices. I will try my best:)

There's no such thing as an elite roleplayer. I've been praised by some and insulted by others. Find what you like to write about and have fun creating what you enjoy. People who enjoy the same things will find it rewarding.

There's no such thing as an elite roleplayer. I've been praised by some and insulted by others. Find what you like to write about and have fun creating what you enjoy. People who enjoy the same things will find it rewarding.
Thank you so much for advice:)

-put in monocle and snorts condescendingly-

Heh, but seriously now. Elite roleplayer is a loaded term. You can have good and bad writers, but a decent chunk of that is subjective. If you want to be a good writer
1) Work on your grammar
2) Work on your vocabulary and know when to use a more complicated word and when to use a simpler word.
3) Work on your writing's pacing.
Those are the concrete things I can suggest for you there.

But as a roleplayer, its very subjective. What I can suggest is being able to answer the following about your character when roleplaying them:
1) What is a life shaping event in their life to make them who they are?
2) What motivates them?
3) What three words describe them?

Then outside of that as far as finding partners and the like goes:
1) Be clear on what you want. When you put together your Request thread be specific about what you expect and want out of roleplay.
2) Have ideas that aren't just cliches. Anybody can put "Daddy x Daughter" or "Teacher x Student" or "Prince x Maid" or something like that. What makes a difference in what you want to do with those sorts of things. You might get lucky and get a self starter who can take pairings and run with them, but generally people will gloss over that stuff or not be terribly motivated by it.
3) When you contact someone, make sure you read through what they wanted and respond with something that you think matches what they're looking for. And if you don't do that, then don't get mad if and with how they turn you down.
4) And this is a hotly debated topic but its one I live by. Always make sure you get back to people, doesn't need to be immediate, but respond to people who contact you. And when you contact people and they respond they aren't interested or after a discussion you or they decide you won't work out, wish them luck. If you add an olive branch addressing anything they bring up as you wish them luck on their search they could be willing to work something out. Politeness and mutual respect goes a long way.

-put in monocle and snorts condescendingly-

Heh, but seriously now. Elite roleplayer is a loaded term. You can have good and bad writers, but a decent chunk of that is subjective. If you want to be a good writer
1) Work on your grammar
2) Work on your vocabulary and know when to use a more complicated word and when to use a simpler word.
3) Work on your writing's pacing.
Those are the concrete things I can suggest for you there.

But as a roleplayer, its very subjective. What I can suggest is being able to answer the following about your character when roleplaying them:
1) What is a life shaping event in their life to make them who they are?
2) What motivates them?
3) What three words describe them?

Then outside of that as far as finding partners and the like goes:
1) Be clear on what you want. When you put together your Request thread be specific about what you expect and want out of roleplay.
2) Have ideas that aren't just cliches. Anybody can put "Daddy x Daughter" or "Teacher x Student" or "Prince x Maid" or something like that. What makes a difference in what you want to do with those sorts of things. You might get lucky and get a self starter who can take pairings and run with them, but generally people will gloss over that stuff or not be terribly motivated by it.
3) When you contact someone, make sure you read through what they wanted and respond with something that you think matches what they're looking for. And if you don't do that, then don't get mad if and with how they turn you down.
4) And this is a hotly debated topic but its one I live by. Always make sure you get back to people, doesn't need to be immediate, but respond to people who contact you. And when you contact people and they respond they aren't interested or after a discussion you or they decide you won't work out, wish them luck. If you add an olive branch addressing anything they bring up as you wish them luck on their search they could be willing to work something out. Politeness and mutual respect goes a long way.
There are many kind people on this site. Thank you all :)

NP good sir/madam, saw the topic and wanted to voice in, we all become better through discussion of different viewpoints. Good luck with your searches/rps there.

If you don’t mean you want to play an elite character in an RP, I don’t think there is an elite class among role players to come on board. Just try to be a kind and understanding partner =) If you wish to improve on your writing, I think the best way to do this is to play with, if I may, skillful partners.

Back
Top Bottom