Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Interest check: DnD Game Edition?

SaneOrder

I'm just Gentle
So I've been thinking of putting together a DnD game here. Been a long time since I ran a game and this veteran of 20+ years of tabletop wants to get back into things a bit. But I'm trying to decide on the details currently. So I'm floating the interest out here to see what people think of various things.

What Edition Will it Be?
It will Either be:
  • DnD 3.5: I'll be modifying it to clear up some of the weaknesses of DnD 3.5, either with my own homebrew rules or by pulling in convenient rules from 4E, 5E, or Pathfinder. I know this system extremely well and I can come up with likely the most thrilling enemies using this system. And I am quite willing to teach others.
  • DnD 5E: This one I would need to learn how to DM, from what I know its not that different from 3.5 on a conceptual level, just heavily paired down on complexity. I will likely homebrew somethings in from DnD 3.5 that I end up liking better or some homebrew stuff of my own. But I can't really say on that point till I learn the system, though I will say I will likely change the magic item system some as I like giving out fun toys and seeing what people do with them.
How will it be played?
This will definitely not be played over Forums, I've tried that in the past on other forums and it does not work out as far as I'm concerned. Any sort of posting method just does not work as far as I'm concerned. So I would want to schedule an actual time to play the game over voice chat on a weekly basis, and preferably using some virtual tabletop such as Roll20. I am open to suggestions on this point however.​
This is an adult forum, how about the smut?
Well that's a good point, how would you like it to be handled? I can see a multitude of ways and willingness to handle. I do think this one does come down to player makeup and comfort level in general.​
What sort of game would you want to play?
Well first off, it will be a homebrew setting. I don't like dungeon mastering in established settings at all, though I might lift somethings from other settings for convenience sake. But beyond that on this topic I'm not sure on. I'd like to play a game with a bit of intrigue and uncertainty, where players are trying to unravel an evil villain's plot. But I can go with a light hearted adventure of some sort as well. Or I could go with an adventuring harem if I got the players for that sort of game. Let me know what you think on this topic.​
What sort of characters would you like to see?
Hmmm, does depend on the game here. But let me know what sort of characters you'd like to play and that might help narrow down what sort of game I organize.​

If I actually see enough interest for a game and with interesting enough people I can put together a session or two ahead of time and get the ball rolling.

Depends on the situation.
As a DM, not terribly interested writing or acting out smut for a male player or character, but not opposed to having male players/characters at the "table" for what would be the majority of what the game would be (IE: nonsmut)
So this isn't an inherently smutty interest check so male players are hardly that big of an issue for me. Just looking for players for a normal game for the most part.

If you're talking about that DandDWiki, yeahhhhh....nooooooooo. That stuff is horribly imbalanced. And that's even when compared to Leadership sometimes.
But as a concept, like I said I'll homebrew stuff to clean up the weaknesses of the system as well as add some mechanics to help with character growth.

DnD 3.5 isn't one I am married to, if I can't get enough players for it, but can get enough for 5E I'll buckle down and learn 5E, as much as I'd prefer to Grognard it up.

Nah, I'm more of a giantitp type, there are a few classes on there that, while a little over the top, are fairly balanced. Kinda? I'll admit to looking mainly at a fleshwarper that goes mostly into the 'I'll heal and help my allies via creative and interesting grafts! And why yes, I did repurpose the leftover horse into your new leg muscles, waste not want not!' type.

You know, Chaotic Neutral/Good, slightly insane, means well and tries to help but comes across as somewhat terrifying and wrong?

Iffy. I would say I'd have to review it and then decide if it fits into the world that I end up developing sort of thing.
Though I suppose on that topic. This is the sort of thing I'll end up developing for a world map to help develop a world, just as an example of the sort of things I'll put together for games. This may or may not be recycled haven't decided on that point.
18420022.png

More than fair enough, even if I'd love to just give the Krekeri a shot at some point. For the most part, just a bit of a surgeon/maker of fleshy magic items from things that have recently just stopped twitching. Mostly, because we may as well reuse all those mooks and minions we kill, you know?

What Edition Will it Be?
  • DnD 5E: Because it would be too much learning all the changes you want to do to 3.5.
How will it be played?
Discord? I am NOT ready to play voice-chat, but do not want to deprave others of the experience, and listening to it I can do.
Roll20? Maybe easier, but also harder, much more things to keep track of for the DM... (If you want to use the full capabilities)

This is an adult forum, how about the smut?
Not interested in it without the smut, but would want to have a full roleplay with possibilities for my kinks to come into it... while still having a sensible plot and possible solution.

What sort of game would I want to play?
Intrigue and uncertainty works for me, no need to go all light hearted adventure. My character would definitely not be the happyharem girl kind, as she (and I ) need more dub-con than to agree to things. (Specific kinks for specific characters, but as a whole I am always happy to get bondage, toys, apparatuses, sexy traps, magic, maybe even sex-curses into it...)

What sort of characters would I hope to play?
It really depends on the world and the setting, but here is a couple of ideas with their main hardest kink:
- Druid or Ranger (Bestiality) - half-elf, human, special race (depends on the possibilities)
- Paladin (male to female to slut) - human
- Rogue (bondage, self-helping damsel in distress, maybe futa [cock, pussy, no balls]) - elf, tiefling, special race (depends on the possibilities)

Back
Top Bottom