Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What's your Roleplay Style?

SaneOrder

I'm just Gentle
This is a question I'm kind of curious about as a whole on the board. What is your personal style of roleplaying?
How do you craft your responses? How do you roleplay your characters? How do you like to start an rp? What sort of complexity do you generally like? And how do you feel about the smut in the rp? Anything else you feel like mentioning there.

Me personally I'm more of the Gamemaster type. I like roleplaying and creating the world around me and my partner's characters. I like designing and developing the world, expanding on it and building up on it as time goes on and watching how people's characters interactions with that world help shape it. I am happy to share and play in someone else's world so long as I'm allowed to affect it through my characters.​
With my characters, I tend to keep as bundles of mystery at the start of a roleplay, and as things go on reveal more and more about characters as not only I discover these bits about them but as these things come up about the characters. Even if our characters go straight into fucking, I find that doesn't necessarily mean they're going to open up about all their issues and history.​
As for starting an rp, I like starting with a bang as it were. I like a big impactful event, something to really set the tone and atmosphere of the rp. Something to just define what can happen in the world of the rp. Even as we calm down and go into a stint between big events I like the start of the rp to be big and impactful. Something fundamentally life changing about the characters that change how they act in the world.​
As for complexity, I can vary on this one. I can do smaller rp plots just as easily as bigger one. I do generally enjoy plots where the world feels more alive and that you can interact and change the world even as the world changes around you. And when I'm controlling the world I like to take my partner's character's actions and see how that would affect the world around them.​
Then getting to what is likely the favorite part for most of us, the smut. I view the smut just as important as the plot in some ways. I feel that you can get some of the best character relationship development through the smut, as well as character motivation through it as well. These things leading into developments for the plot and world. Typically when its just smut for smut's sake I'll enjoy it for a bit, but I'll eventually get bored of that.​

Back
Top Bottom