Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question How do people that just joined end up banned?

Mae-chan

Moon
Just curious on how they seem to be banned shortly after they join.
Were they instantly reported or suspected to be previously banned people? (I imagine they probably had IP identified in this case).
Or are they more like cases of people breaking super strict rules and found out really quick?

I kept seeing striked out profiles in the past 2 days which joined either in the same day or just days ago, so it got me curious.

Just curious on how they seem to be banned shortly after they join.
Were they instantly reported or suspected to be previously banned people? (I imagine they probably had IP identified in this case).
Or are they more like cases of people breaking super strict rules and found out really quick?

I kept seeing striked out profiles in the past 2 days which joined either in the same day or just days ago, so it got me curious.

Hold on. Striked out profiles? If they've been banned, the icon for their name should just say "Banned".

Ex:
67ba709c83b92e44855cdbffe57ad534.png

If they're just grey and striked out, but still have a regular profile picture, they have withdrawn their account. Sometimes people join the forum and then for whatever reason decide they made a mistake and ask for the account to be withdrawn.

Ex:
37c985eb5aa4efb385cd952c238ed103.png

If you're talking about private messages and seeing striked out names of users in the side bar that you were talking to, they have left the conversation and chosen not to receive any more replies from it.

It varies on a case-by-case basis, but most of the time, they are found to be alt accounts of users who have been banned previously or spam accounts. We have a few ways of detecting these; some are automatic, in which case they don't even get the chance to post, and some have to be caught by staff. This is most of why we have the 24-hour/3 post requirement for full membership; we used to have someone who would create alts and begin harassing a particular user, so this curbs it and helps our ability to snuff out problematic accounts before they are able to privately contact anyone.
Aha, thanks for clarifying!
Yeah, I was just curious because I saw several in the past days since I joined and was wondering how come they were gone this quick.
That's a good system actually, helps stop potential harassers. It's good to know there are those safety measures around.

Hold on. Striked out profiles? If they've been banned, the icon for their name should just say "Banned".

Ex:
67ba709c83b92e44855cdbffe57ad534.png

If they're just grey and striked out, but still have a regular profile picture, they have withdrawn their account. Sometimes people join the forum and then for whatever reason decide they made a mistake and ask for the account to be withdrawn.

Ex:
37c985eb5aa4efb385cd952c238ed103.png

If you're talking about private messages and seeing striked out names of users in the side bar that you were talking to, they have left the conversation and chosen not to receive any more replies from it.
Oh, I see I see! Thanks for clarifying and the clear examples.
So far I only saw the ones in forums and a few "banned" images around posts or people appearing grey and striked out in the 'online members list'.
Good to know~ thanks!

Back
Top Bottom