Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Dragon and Rider.

Kolath

Pulsar
Marith walked into the arena his head held high. From his shoulders a long crimson cloak flowed billowing in the wind. He wore the plate mail that marked his place as a member of the dragon riders. He was so proud, never in his wildest dreams had he thought that he would be chosen as a dragon rider. To become one took a very powerful mind and ability, and his they told him that it had never been seen so strong before in a rider that wasnâ??t bonded. Today was his day of bonding as well as many other members of the trainees.

They all stood in a long line looking at the nest in front of them. Inside were many dragon eggs more than enough for the gathered trainees. According to tradition an egg wouldnâ??t hatch unless the matched rider for the dragon inside was present. Eggs began to crack and a few dragonlings broke out. The trainees all knelt just waiting, the young dragons would pick out the one that they were connected with and need no encouragement from the Trainees. One by one the dragons found their matches and the trainees moved off to bond with the dragons that now would be closer than even a spouse; but there knelt Marith and no dragon moved toward him and no more eggs were cracking.

There was gasp from the assembled crowd as after another five minutes Marith was the only one remaining on the field. This had never happened before and soon the elder dragon riders all confused gently touched Marithâ??s shoulder and led him off the field to where his parent could find him.

(( Human appearance, though her skirt isn't see through, and no bells, save for the choker Hybrid appearance, but with the same clothing ))

Shortly after the sounds of gasping and whispering, many things were said among the crowd, such as how this could happen, and if the elders were wrong in their choice of Marith. However, every one knew that idea was impossible. The Elders had never picked a dragon rider candidate that wasn't worthy of the title or training. Which could only mean that something had gone wrong at some point in the ceremony for the young rider. Along with the chatter of rumors and possibilities, three people stood: the boy's parents, and his 'sister'. The father, Marcus, stood silent, mentally wondering what could have happened, while Marith's mother, Dedena, was whispering herself, asking her husband the same things he was thinking. While the younger girl beside them, their 'daughter', Canta, watching the boy coming closer to them, her hands at her chest, keeping a strong front for him, knowing how he must be feeling now. As he came to them, she quietly wandered up and hugged him, looking to his eyes with a slight smile, trying to cheer both him and herself up. "Its alright, Marith...let's go home. You and I can walk home ourselves while mother and father can ask the elders what might have happened, alright? That way, we can keep each other company and relax back home."

The younger girl had a cute smile on her face, her beautiful crimson colored eyes a rare sight, that always showed her love of life and her older brother. She stood just at his upper chest, a foot or so shorter then him, not that she minded really. Now, in truth, Canta wasn't related to Marith or his parents by blood, but she had been raised by them for as long as she could remember, growing up with the boy, making him like a brother to her, and a best friend. The two were nigh inseparable, usually, though during his training as a dragon rider, she gave him the time and space he would need, though, a strange pain filled her when she did, the closer he came to finishing the training. In fact, until he came back over to them, she had an odd feeling within her, as if something was changing, awakening...though, for now, she pushed the thoughts aside, gripping her 'brother's' arm and tugging him gently, wanting him to go with her.

(sorry about that delay, (Marith))

Marith sighed as he walked up to his family his parents having a look of concern and bewilderment on their faces, and his sister putting on a brave face for him. He sighed again as she asked him to just come home with her. There was something pulling him to go with her but his mind screamed that he should stay here and find out what went wrong. He looked pleadingly at his mother and father who both nodded and his father touched his shoulder smiling, â??Go on we will speak with the elders and other riders for you; you look like you could use the rest.â? Finally Marith nodded and turned smiling at his eager sister, the first smile he had shown since the ceremony.

He started to walk slowly back toward their house gently kicking a small stone ahead of him. His cape which had fluttered beautifully in the arena now trailed on the ground itâ??s splendor seemingly forgotten. Sighing once again he looked over at his sister walking beside him her light blond hair tossing a little in the breeze. He reached over brushing a strand of hair from her face smiling and then gently stopping them. â??What could have happened?...Wasnâ??t I meant to be a dragon rider Canta?â? he looked into her crimson eyes as though he might find the answer in them. Finally he gently rested his forehead against hers as they had often done before, it helped him clear his mind and think, but it also improved their bond as brother and sister.

Canta smiled brightly, a light blush creeping over her features as he brushed the hair from her eyes, then pressed his forehead to hers. She, smiled softly to her brother, kissing his cheek sweetly, as she looked deep into his eyes. As she gazed at him, something 'click' in her mind, her stare seeming almost unending, as her words went right into his mind seconds before she spoke them. "I'm sure you still are, Brother...maybe you were just trained before you should have." 'Or maybe, your dragon has been looking for you the whole time' The last part was just from her thoughts, as she kept looking to him, her crimson eyes shining a moment, as she seemed to groan slightly in pain, her hands on her stomach. "Ohhh...that feels odd...it hurts, Marith. I, I don't know why, I was fine a moment ago...please...carry me home, brother?" As she spoke, she smiled at him one last time, before her form went motionless, fainting right then and there, blond hair covering her eye as she lay on the ground, still breathing, but something was happening with her. While laying there, her hair seemed to have gain light white streaks, and it looked almost like it was growing a bit....

Marith looked at her with a smiled knowing she was right that there was a chance that things had just happened too soon and would work themselves out, that was the elderâ??s job to know. As she groaned his hands slipping around her waist holding her gently worried about her. His hand covered her hand on her stomach looking at her as she smiled, then fainted. He held her up gently bending down and slipping a arm under her legs, so that he was carrying her bridal style her head resting on his chest.

He hurried back to their house pushing the front door open with his boot he quickly carried her up to her room laying her down onto her bed. His eyes narrowed as he looked down seeing her hair elongating and seeming to gain white streaks. He had no idea what was going on but he knew what his mother did whenever there was a problem. Hurrying down stairs he quickly filled a bowl with water and grabbed a towel to hurry back upstairs to check on her again.

((He didn't seem to notice she was speaking in stereo? XD ))

As he carried her, Canta made soft noises, showing she was still alive, and seeming to notice something was happening with her. Her hand gripped him as much as it could, as she was still mostly out of it, eyes shut tight, body almost limp in his arms. Once home, and placed in her bed, her form laid back against it, as her hair finished growing longer, to just about her shoulder length, sitting against her neck, almost all a silvery white color instead of her golden blond. Once Marith dashed down the stairs though, other things began to change, bones and muscles shaping and changing, as a sort of egg-like barrier formed around her body, encasing her. Just as the rider-to-be would come to her door, he would notice the odd scene, looking just like a dragon egg, as it began to crack all over, till it shattered, followed by a piercing cry from the girl within, sitting up on her bed.

Canta panted heavily, opening her deep crimson orbs, which seems to be one of the few things to not change. Her hair was as long as it became, silvery white, with her body seeming stronger, tougher. Several parts of her form were covered in a thick red scaling: her arms to her elbow, with a few spots along the rest, her knee to her thighs on her legs, with some going up her side a little, a red stripe on both cheeks, and scales lining down her spine and chest, framing her breasts, almost. Not to mention, she had dragon wings, looking just big enough to give her flight, and a little spiked tail growing just above her rear, small spikes on her back, claws, horns coming from above her ears...oh, and she was naked now, too. Looking to Marith, she cried in pain, covering herself with her arms, the bones still adjusting. "Marith...what...what happened to me?" As she spoke, he could be hit hard by a rush of feelings, emotions, and thoughts, having some sort of instant mind link with Canta...almost as if she were his dragon all along.

Marith stood there wide eyed looking at the dragon egg where his sister had been he didnâ??t understand what had happened to Canta? He only had a moment to ponder what was going on when the egg broke and what seemed to be a cross between a dragon and a human female came out. His eyes traced over her body taking her all in not being sure what to think, it wasnâ??t until she spoke that he realized that was his sister. He was about to respond with not knowing but then the emotions and thought hit him. It overwhelmed him for a moment he had been trained and prepared for the flood of the mind link, but he wasnâ??t expecting it.

He dropped to his knees gasping loudly as his mind was working overtime to straighten all the things he was receiving. Slowly his training took over filtering out the rush of fear and uncertainty that all new dragons felt. His mind reached out sending a simple message. â??Be calm, Iâ??m here.â?? It was the message that all trainees were taught to send to their new dragon to reassure and calm them and begin to build the trust between them. His voice finally returned as he struggled to his feet, â??I donâ??t know butâ?¦I really just donâ??t knowâ?

Canta's mind was going a mile a minute, even more so when she saw Marith fall to his knees, almost as if in pain. As she moved to get closer, the simple message hit her, and suddenly, it was as if that was all she needed to hear from him, her mind stopping the rush of thoughts and emotions, calming instantly. She took in a breath, moving to her brother's side, holding onto him, wing fluttering, as if trying themselves out. "I'm...still so confused. But...these feelings, this body...was I meant to be yours all along, Marith? Did..I somehow become a human and grow with you, till the moment was right? And, how am I only half and not a full dragon...I'm already a failure to you...." The half-dragon girl looking down, crimson eyes seeming sad, sending this emotion to him as she nuzzled into him, seeming to enjoy his touch even more then before, sniffling lightly.

While being down and sad was never something Canta showed to others, Marith had seen her this way before, and yet, it somehow didn't suite the young girl, who was still adorable, in a sexy manner, almost, even like this. And by this point, she seemed to have forgotten her clothing vanished in her changing, only her scales working as some sort of 'coverage'.

He looked at her crimson eyes seing the fear and uncertainty knowing she was so scared that she would fail him even hearing it in her words. He leaned against her a little sighing as his body returned to having full control over itself again. â??I donâ??t know Canta, I would think that is what it must mean but I never have heard of this before.â? He looked at her horns his hand gently brushing over them then moving out to her wings again to brush them figuring out how this coul have happened or at least trying to. He slowly led her back into her room and taking a step back, he looked over her for a moment then blushed as he realized that not only did her scales not over her breasts and between her legsâ?¦they framed them almost drawing him toward those points. A flash of arousal and desire flashed through his mind and over their link as he tried to bury it.

Canta seemed to be calmed down once more, taking in deep, soothing breaths, trying to regain her composure. Closing her eyes a moment, she purred to his touch, enjoying how his fingers felt against her new body as he examined her horns and wings, and didn't really notice as his eyes scanned her scaled, nude form. Though, with the flash of arousal in his mind, she felt the emotion, opening her eyes as she looked to him, blushing red, not that it was easy to tell, mind you. Though, the girl only seemed to smile, slowly walking closer, as she placed her arms around his neck, looking up into his eyes with a cute little smile, resting her head on him. "I'm sorry, Brother...but I have been hiding something from you a long time. I know we're not related by blood, but i was still worried how people would judge if anything happened. But...." Staring deep into his eyes, she placed a scaled hand gently on his left cheek, letting him feel her as she unlocked a deep part of her mind: the place she hid her true feelings for him, deep and far away. She felt she could tell him now, share them now, as if something made it alright now, letting the thoughts flow through the link to him.

He was about to run out of the room when she stepped closer slipping her arms around his neck. His hands out of instinct came up resting on her sides at first gently rubbing them as she spoke. His connection with her would be showing his confusion and that he was feeling so unsure about this. His eyes widened as she opened up a deep part of her mind showing her true feelings for them and they were nothing that you should be feeling for your brother, at least not your blood brother but as she said they werenâ??t blood related. His mind reached out to hers showing her the feelings he had been hiding from everyoneâ?¦feelings for her. his hand slipping up her scaled back and gently cradled her head closer to his chest as he stood there with her sharing their feelings. It felt so good to finally let her know that he had been looking at her recently not just as a brother but as a girl and a very sexy girlâ?¦he felt it was wrong since they had been raised as siblings, but that didnâ??t stop it when she got dressed up, or that time he accidentally walked in on her just getting out of the bath. He blushed and hoped she wouldnâ??t pull away when that memory and his arousal at that time passed over the connection.

Back
Top Bottom