Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Better BBCode documentation and examples

Lurker

Goofball
Supporter
The BB Code documentation here is lacking.

For example, the [bimg] entry says "Displays an image, allowing it to be resized, aligned or floated, and compared with another image", but does not specify how to use use those options.

Is there a more complete documentation?

Thank you.

The BB Code documentation here is lacking.

For example, the [bimg] entry says "Displays an image, allowing it to be resized, aligned or floated, and compared with another image", but does not specify how to use use those options.

Is there a more complete documentation?

Thank you.

If there is other BBCode documentation it has been put together by users and not curated by the staff, I'm afraid. And not every BBCode that works on other sites works here, at least not in my experience.

I do not know how to use [ bimg] except for resizing, which is what is provided in the example, so I cannot help with that in specific either. We do have potions for alignment and floatation however, that are a part of the BBCode list.

Questions about the site's coding that aren't very specific applications of one or two codes are in general going to be @Vekseid questions - Vekseid more or less manages the backend of the site while the rest of the staff manages the front. So I would say to direct these questions specifically towards him, unless other staff members are about to whip out some sneaky coding talents they've been hiding from me (which is possible), because he's the one who will have more comprehensive answers.

Understood, and thank you.
Hopefully Veks will chime in.

Aside: The email notification feature sent out the post before the edit and gave me a good chuckle

As I recall after I looked into it way back when, there's no new documentation to be had. It's just another image tag that was written to better support Xon's floats and such (most of which we use what I wrote instead), so if you are having trouble with img try switching to bimg.

Could be out of date and I need to look at it again, though.

Oh right. It's specifically wrapped in a position: relative div for ease of styling.

That's it.

Back
Top Bottom