Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Splitting conversations

I think, you would have to start a separate conversation with the person. You can start one for a ooc talk, another one for a roleplay, etc.

Could you please clarify further what you're asking? I'm afraid I don't quite understand.

I have a conversation with another person in which we chat and have short impromptu "pseudo-RPs" that evolve organically from the conversation, last for several posts, and melt back into conversation again.

At some point we realized that one of those "pseudo-RPs" became longer and more detailed than we expected, and should be put in a separate conversation.

I know that public threads can be split (either using a tool or an SQL script). I was hoping that the same can be done for a conversation. I can provide the conversation ID and the post IDs to be split off.

Maybe @Vekseid can offer some insight?

I think, you would have to start a separate conversation with the person. You can start one for a ooc talk, another one for a roleplay, etc.

I want to split after the fact. Hindsight is 20-20.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it's not something I'd be comfortable doing through the database. The way it works is incredibly picky and there is a lot that can go wrong - it is a ridiculously fragile construction.

So no way to do it? Bummer.

I would have ask on the Xenforo forum for alternatives, but they restrict posting to paying customers.

I can work it into my addon but it's not exactly a priority item.

The conversation schema is not very well designed (though of course it's still light years ahead of MyBB), and has a lot of poor denormalization as well as a caching system on top of that. It's a lot of risk to take for some possible convenience on your part.

Thank you Vekseid.

I already did it the hard way, by copying the posts to the second conversation so this is definitely not a priority.
That said, I can see some utility in it for the future, so it may help others that find themselves in a similar situation.

Back
Top Bottom