Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Can't insert images anymore

Bouncing Babes

Your Bad Habit
Heya!

When I try to use the Insert Image function it comes up with an 'Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator.' Error.

When I use the (img) way instead I get the following error:
There is an image attached to your post from an insecure connection. Only images from HTTPS connections are allowed.

Please consider using "Attach files" and attaching the image to your post.

This is odd, as I contacted @Praxis whom had no trouble inserting the image both in a conversation and in her journal.

I should probably mention this is happening with every image, not just a single link.

Confirmed. I toyed with a specific img link in question that worked both in PMs and in a Thread.

Interestingly, the image I attached in the PM to Babes worked on my end, but would not display for her.

Right! I should have added that when Praxis tried to show me a screenshot, it didn't load properly on my end.
Instead it gave me the error icon of a picture being torn in two.

Upon further research, it looks like several (if not all) images hosted on Gelbooru are not working on BMR currently. Another user posted an image from there that would not display (at least on my end).

Not sure if this is temporary or not, but I'm fairly sure I've seen images from that site appear without issue before.

They might be blocking hotlinking, server expenses and all. I could possibly work something out with the owner, though.

I've definitely used Gelbooru before, just a few days past even, and it worked out great.
But since @Praxis could post the same picture I tried to post, with the same link, wouldn't it lean towards it not being a problem with all of Gelbooru?

Also that Harem signature is yum! @Vekseid

@Bouncing Babes
Forgot to mention, when trying a few different images from that site out, I realized even the one you'd shared had ceased to work. Same with another user who'd attempted to share one of their pictures.

Definitely looks like it may be on Gelbooru's end. Perhaps what Vekseid said - given the state of things, sites making some cost-cutting maneuvers could be likely.

There’ve been a few that are coming up as little blocks of nothing on my end as well, in various other threads. I can’t see them but the person that posted it, it works fine for. I honestly thought it was my phone but now I wonder. It’s been gifs from GIPHY though, nothing from Gelbooru’s though. Any time I’ve come across an image from there, it usually opens fine for me, usually in another one but they do open up. No help I know but just something I noticed (concerning Giphy’s gifs anyways) and thought I’d toss in as well.

sample_67fa7fcfb18ad862e55a2f9c0c201a83.jpg

I'm just trying to see if this works now. I assume it only loads for the one that sends the picture because they already have the picture stored from seeing it on gelbooru?
So people that haven't downloaded it prior can't see it?

Gelbooru definitely seems to be blocking hotlinking.

They block hotlinking, but images get cached on your local machine for a time. So anyone who has already seen the image on Gelbooru will still see it here.

Gotcha!
So the best approach would be to download the gif, upload it on imgur and use imgur's link?
Still can't get over that oldschool anime signature @Vekseid *-*

Back
Top Bottom