Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[WB] Mythoverse: Tales from the Sunna Realms

ImaginationGoneWild

Loremaster Extraordinaire!
Hi Bluemoon!

I've been working on a worldbuilding project for some time but I still have lots of work to do. Here's an intro of it already to give you an idea of what I have so far.

Mythoverse: Tales from the Sunna Realms is a Supernatural - Science Fantasy setting that largely draws inspiration from Mythologies, Treasure Planet, Howl's Moving Castle, and Spirited Away. The setting focuses on the daily lives of those that live in the Sunna System during the Age of Space Exploration while the Spirit World meddles with the mortal realms on a daily basis. Entire cities are powered with Wind- and Watermills while Solar Energy makes space travel possible. But modern technology would be nowhere without the discovery of the ‘God Script’. Hexen, manipulators of life energy, exist only thanks to special bloodlines. This caused sorcery to become taboo across most of Sunna. But with the aid of the Spirit World they continue to thrive in secret.

There's some questions I have for you guys like;

1) What kind of races do you like, that are based on Mythology?
2) How many planets should I have? Cause I wanted to make the planets and/or moons simple by basing them on the mythologies. Like for example nordic mythology planet has snowy regions but also pine forests, mountains, etc... You're typical viking setting.
3) How advanced should I make my technology? There is space travel thanks to solar energy sails but should I also have tv's or radio's and such? Because I don't want my setting to be too futuristic. I want to maintain the fantasy charm. Aesthetically things are inspired by the Age of Sail and the Victorian Era. So late 1500's - late 1800's. It's got some steampunky vibes but the steam is replaced with green energy (windmills, watermills, solar energy)

Feel free to ask questions yourself if you need more info or are just curious. : 3​

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, new question!

When creating races, do you guys find more appeal to human forms with some animal/alien/demon/etc... features?
A bit a la neko-type races; like say humans with elven ears, or humans with horns and wings, or humans with animal tails and hooved legs, etc...
Or do you guys find more appeal to anthro types? A la dragonborn from dungeon and dragons, or feline anthos or canine anthros, etc...?

Also, would people be interested if I add more lore about my setting? >.>

When I think of a race on a planet. I consider a lot of things. What sort of traits does this race have. Maybe they are a race of giant hermit crabs that uses planets as shells. They are intelligent and have their own language. Maybe there is a diverse world on their shell. Because sound doesnt travel through space. The crabs have developed eyes that reflect different wavelengths of light to communicate. When this happens it is the Aurora Borealis on earth.
^.^
But that's just being out there. If you want to pull from human traits. Say on the back of this crab there is a race of cat anthros and a race of cat-nekos. Both these races worship the lights the crab displays on their planet. But they dislike each other. Thus the world is this cohesive environment where they nekos and the anthros have their own beliefs around a larger being that created their world and in some places they fight in others they display more subtle prejudices. And there you have it. I don't really pull from any specific source. I feel like anything a person might write down will have human qualities. Even a self aware talking quasar. But I feel like I am rambling and this is getting long. I think if you want to create a race of beings you should consider an entire planet and an ant a race.

that's some good advice. Starting with my planets will give me a better overview on the types of races I could have.

That's what I did. I am also currently using Inkarnate.com to make a map of my planet aswell. It is free to use. If you choose to subscribe to Inkarnate then you unlock 10x the resources.

Oh I know about Inkarnate but I heard that Inkarnate claims anything you map for personal use without compensation so I'm a bit iffy on using it for now.

I suppose that would be something that would turn people away. There are other engines out there I am sure.
If you are interested you can check out the world I posted today to kind of see the basics of what you need. But as things progress and if you make a race that is intelligent. Then you will have to consider architecture. Among a boat load of other things.

Oh I know, I've worldbuild before. Wrote about things as big as another dimension to as small as a cooking recipe or even a conlang :p
I was just looking for some feedback from the community I'm gonna roleplay in to see which type of races and such they prefer. Cause if I make a world that won't have a lot of interest then it won't be that big of a deal cause I can always write my own stories. But on the other hand it would be nice to explore the world with others.

Also, I have a lot more info about my world; I just did a crappy job with this thread introducing it. It's was very late when I wrote it. So I'm cleaning up my notes so I can either make a new thread or remake the first post of this one. :p

Have you ever read the comic Saga? It's not that linked to your basic world building idea, but the aesthetic/general setting of it all could be of inspirational use.

Back
Top Bottom