Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

- πš πš‘πšŠπš πš”πš’πš—πš 𝚘𝚏 πš’πš—πšπš˜πš›πš–πšŠπšπš’πš˜πš— 𝚍𝚘 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšπš‘πš’πš—πš” πšœπš‘πš˜πšžπš•πš πš‹πšŽ πš’πš—πšŒπš•πšžπšπšŽπš πš’πš— 𝚊(πš—) πš›πšŽπššπšžπšŽπšœπš πšπš‘πš›πšŽπšŠπš?

ophelia.

π‘π‘œπ‘šπ‘’ π˜©π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’, π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘π‘œπ‘¦.
Withdrawn
Pretty much what the title says!

I want to make my thread as interesting and as enjoyable as possible without being too overbearing so, any suggestions/ideas would be really helpful! β™‘

Good tips! I guess something to be aware of when offering ideas is when writing out possible plot summaries, concentrate on your own character's part and not as much on the requested character's part. I've seen several prompts that look interesting by the spoiler title but find that upon opening the requirements put on the requested character are quite restricting. An example is 'YC is new in town and having a hard time getting a break...' Why does my character have to be new in town? Can't they just be having a hard time getting a break?. I know it's a minor thing but I have responded with an interest in plots with qualifications that my character's history is independent and the fact she is 'new in town' or a lifelng resident has no bearing on the presented main plot. For some reason that usually ends any further discussion. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Last edited:
You need to come with:
  1. A set of rules that are easy to abide by. Posting frequency to be expected is really courteous but few people include it.
  2. A list of favored kinks and unfavored kinks. F-list is what everyone uses but it isn't required. Keep it concise if possible.
  3. IDEAS. Seriously, don't just say "I'll do anything!"--come up with some pairings you're interested in exploring and go from there. Preferably come up with a standard plot and a partner can help you build from there.
  4. An example of your work is fantastic and people include this even less than posting frequency. Seriously people, sell your work. Ideas might make people come but your skills will make sure they stay!
  5. Make sure it's easy to read. Stop including random ass song lyrics all over the thread. Stop downsizing the letter sizes. Don't make them a bunch of hard-to-read colors. I don't want to strain my eyes trying to see what's up with your RT, I really don't.

What I consider essential, the sort of things that are make-or-break:

Gender preferences?
How often do you post?
Plot vs Smut ratio? (If someoen is looking for 80 plot/20 smut, that's really helpful to know that)
Favorite kinks and top limits. [i}Even if[/i] you are very flexible and are okay with a lot, knowing what you enjoy the most is helpful.
Where do you prefer to RP: Threads? PMs? Discord?
Dom/sub/switch/not at all?

Next are the Important stuff

Anything you are Specifically looking for.
Genre: What sort of setting or tone are you looking for?
Plots: Always helpful to have something as a spring off point.

Pairings vs not pairings is a definite argument. I find them useful not as specifics, but it gives me an idea of what the person is looking for. For instance if I see "Boss x secretary, teacher x student, doctor x patient, coach x player' I instantly know this person REALLY likes power dynamics and potentially abuse of authority. If the person hasn't listed their favorite genres, it shows where their mind is--fantasy vs modern vs sci fi.

Finally there's the "not necessary but helpful"

Themes: these are the tropes that you find yourself gravitating to/really enjoying. "Vampres" "Arranged marriage" "Beauty and the Beast" "First love" "Bratty characters" "Muscled bad boys".
Writing sample (If you RP in threads I think a sample isn't as necessary)
Face claims: Real, drawn, or any at all?

Back
Top Bottom